FBI Show on CBS

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by shokhead, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA! Thread Starter

Boy, these episodes are some of the best written I've seen in a long time.
    This is one of the best new shows on TV for me.
    I look forward to each new episode I don't do that very often.
    I sure hope they can keep it up.

fuse999 and slovell like this.
  2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I have not seen the show but it has Melissa "Missy" Peregrym in it, right? She is great and one of the nicest people in the biz..

slovell likes this.
  3. shokhead

Yes, she is in it and is very, very good!

slovell likes this.
  4. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

I watched while I was in the hospital a couple weeks back. Very good show, Anything with Sela Ward is worth watching

slovell likes this.
  5. shokhead

She was added at the last minute when another actress backed out after the pilot.

6. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

I really enjoy it, very diverse cast. I like Sisto a lot more when he's not being asked to carry a series. They also have the tallest Egyptian I've ever seen.

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

so far so good.

not too much about this show is negative at all.

anyone know how it is doing in the ratings?

8. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Just discovered this and started watching the second season. It’s really good. And I watched the first episode of the new spin off show FBI Most Wanted.

shokhead likes this.
  9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i watched too....if was OK, not nearly as good as FBI, the 2 leads in FBI have a very good chemistry and the supporting cast is also excellent, lots of personality on that show, something that many TV shows lack.

10. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Still haven't warmed up to this one,but had high hopes for Most Wanted. Since I hadn't checked in FBI after their premiere,I didn't catch the backdoor pilot for Most Wanted. Rene Balcer,not only a long time Dick Wolf associate,invented Criminal Intent, and is the brains behind this one. Confusing,darkly lit and a lead actor with no charisma for me(lots of teeth,no personality)it still beat the crap out of NBC's teaser for a show that doesn't start up for another month and a sagging ABC show. CBS gives the episode another airing tonight,so maybe I'll give it a second chance. Against an NBC game and ABC's Shark Tank repeat. Keeping me away from it-TCM has yet another showing of the Art Carney/Lily Tomlin sleeper,The Late Show,but on this night of possible football over runs,it is the best thing on for the night.

11. shokhead

:agree:

12. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I actually miss having CBS shows to watch, I guess my cynicism keeps me from jumping in. Their programming is so derivative, the way they cast shows based on audience likeability and familiarity over originality, overexploiting show formats, overconsulting to meet a list of well-tested tropes over creativity ("which of these characters need to wear bangs and miniskirts in the Crime Lab..."), and the story-arc-development timetables fine-tuned down to where the big-reveal-of-the-season is, which character need to have the baby by Fall Finale Week, or which sympathetic character is suddenly the Bad Guy. CBS really is the Gold Standard for planning-out all the beats, casting decisions and scheduling...and then, writing the scripts around all that.

I don't really recall them getting behind an original show, concept and plot track since Person Of Interest (which honestly, seemed like it belonged more on NBC at the time). :shrug:

13. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I’m pretty stoked that the CBS All Access channel is now available in Canada and I can watch the first season of this show.

14. shokhead

You will really enjoy it

15. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

I have seen every episode so far really enjoy it, I watch NCIS first then FBI started watching FBI Most Wanted but just not as good as FBI.
    Anyone know why Sela Ward left after season 1?

16. Left Field

Left Field #1 Shinboner

I sat down and watched season 1 over a weekend and really enjoyed, it's one of better shows going around at the moment.
    A little disappointed to hear that Sela Ward won't be in season 2.

17. shokhead

Yep, tried the most wanted but didn't work for me.

18. shokhead

Yes but I like Alana De La Garza as her replacement so far.

Al Kuenster likes this.
  19. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

one of my fav shows ! great cast and great scripts ! the show did not miss a beat when SW left !

20. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I recently discovered Chicago Fire and Chicago PD by same the same guy Dick Wolf. Every season is on Amazon. I love shows like these where something actually happens.

21. shokhead

2020 Juilliard graduate Katherine Renee Turner has joined as a new series regular. I hope it works out but it seems when a show is good and then they start doing this adding is the start of the end of a good show. I sure hope not.

22. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

These 2 FBI shows and S.W.A.T. are as good if not better than all the popular Netflix and HBO shows.

davidb1 likes this.
  23. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I certainly did not know that being young and beautiful was a prerequisite for employment
    by the Federal Bureau Of Investigation.

dead of night likes this.
  24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i like the new 'tough' girl on FBI, but i miss the old 'tech/street agent' she was good too.

25. shokhead

Must have new writers because this season is different and kind of crappy
    Too bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.