Bee Gees' Reissues On the Way!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by skyblue17, Mar 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyblue17

skyblue17 Forum Resident Thread Starter

We're chatting about this a little in the Bee Gees thread but it seems worthy of its own thread!

Main Course, Here at Last..., Children of the World, Spirits Having Flown and Best of Bee Gees will be remastered and reissued on colored vinyl.

These look fantastic, and it's super exciting to hear that they are remastered. Though I own a fair amount of Bee Gees music, most of it is from CD or digital, plus a used record here and there, so I am thrilled about this.

The only question is what order to a purchase them in! That tangerine vinyl is calling out to me.

More info here.

Greenalishi, MelodyFair, Jrr and 8 others like this.
  2. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Definitely exciting.

Main Course is one of my favorite albums period, so that will be the first one I buy lol.

3. skyblue17

Main Course is my favorite of the three full albums being re-released. I don't actually own anything from Here at Last though, and that's my favorite of the vinyls!

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Why don't they reissue this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Oh for a white vinyl Odessa with those Capitol labels and a red felt cover!

6. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

This is the one I’m really interested in, as the sonics of the originals I've had are just ok. The rest I can pass on, because those originals are really terrific.

Jrr, Preston and Hadean75 like this.
  7. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Great news to keep the legacy of the brothers alive for future generations of fans!

8. agundy

agundy Forum Resident

While I am happy about this...can we PLEASE get reissues of the albums that can't be bought used for $1.00?? The Rhino program seemed awesome for a while, then.......nothing:mad:

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah let's see the stuff post '91… some of which never got a vinyl issue.

skyblue17 likes this.
  10. Unless they reissue 1st I'm not interested.

goodiesguy, Adkchaz, RC1 and 3 others like this.
  11. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

Andrew Sandoval had a candid Facebook post about the collapse of the Rhino reissues that you can read on page 2 of this thread, although maybe you've already seen it.

12. agundy

agundy Forum Resident

I did...such a shame, they were beautiful reissues. I was hoping so much for a deluxe Mr. Natural (my favorite album by them:whistle:)...

siveld, granata and JeffMo like this.
  13. skyblue17

I would buy a Still Waters vinyl so fast. My first favorite album, and I love the album art as well. A must have as soon as it exists.

Jrr, Hadean75 and JeffMo like this.
  14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The first 3 albums and (eventually) Odessa got such nice reissues...we got the Robin Gibb box that had tons of obscured/unreleased stuff but other than that...not much. Mythology, some straight reissues.

These new Capitol reissues basically select the albums that sold reasonably well in the US--ergo the albums most likely to be found in the $1 bin--and reissues them without anything to lure a real fan.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    goodiesguy, fer2, granata and 3 others like this.
  15. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

But they’re “remastered”! Ugh. Safe choices to cash in on while the vinyl revival is still in swing. I’d buy any (or all) of the pre-Helium Years lp’s no questions asked but there’d be little money in that for UME.

granata, Jrr and peachyg72 like this.
  16. skyblue17

I mean, it's exciting to me because I am in my late 30s and never had a chance to buy NEW vinyls of these albums and they're nice collectors items now. But I know I am not the typical customer for this stuff.

17. art

art Senior Member

Bring on hi-res.

Jarleboy likes this.
  18. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

For many years I have thought about getting the Hee Gee Bee Gees.

19. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

That's my immediate thought too.
    Plenty of them out there, and the one's I have sound great too, not sure why these were the 'chosen' one's.
    The 'live' release is a good one to do, but the others are a bit unnecessary.
    It's good their getting the treatment, but what about the rest of them?
    The one's 'WE' want?

Jarleboy likes this.
  20. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Definitely grabbing the colored-vinyl “Here At Last” album. It’s a very good album, and possibly the most overlooked album in their catalog. (Let’s hope this one and “Spirits Having Flown” replicate RSO’s gold-foil hype stickers that were found on the original versions’ shrinkwrap!)

skyblue17 likes this.
  21. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I’m assuming there’s no CD version of these?

Shvartze Shabbos and Jarleboy like this.
  22. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

None announced anyway. At the moment I don't see them bothering with CDs, or any further reissues beyond what has been announced so far. The documentary and the yet to be filmed biopic might change things but I have low expectations at this point.

Jarleboy likes this.
  23. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Hmm. Odd that they’ll not bothering with CD reissues. Especially considering it’s still the biggest selling physical format. Oh well, at least I have my original discs. They sound good anyway.:)

24. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Maybe they'll come with a download card, remember those?

25. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Hope they do Vols 2 & 3 of the Best Of... too. They introduced me to a lot of their 'lost' period material (1969-1974). Great stuff there.

granata and JeffMo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.