Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Damn I can’t believe they still even have copies left of these, let alone that they marked them down even further!

3. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

I'd love it if Resurrected found its way in the discount bin!

hutlock likes this.
  4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

they must have a ton of those , i ordered Rock & roll over for a friend through Amazon for $1 more and it Came from Deep discount ...

hutlock likes this.
  5. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

This coupon is still active plus if you order through the Rakuten app, you get free shipping and 6 percent cash back. Great deal.

6. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Thanks for this thread. The 15% off code above worked for me. I just bought a few new things plus changed over every Amazon preorder that I have which DD also offers (since Amazon will no longer be stocking any new releases for foreseable future thanks to the virus)....

superstar19 likes this.
  7. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I hope that works out for you. I'm 98% sure that my Deep Discount orders have all been fulfilled by the local Amazon warehouse.

slipkid likes this.
  8. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Well starting about 1-2 days ago, Amazon warehouses here in the USA will no longer be accepting any stock from the record labels for the foreseeable future. That means that any preorders are in total la-la-land if ordering from Amazon. Who knows once the release comes out that Amazon will stock it? No one knows at this point.

I wish they would just say that to fulfill preorders they will have the labels ship direct to the customer but I have not heard that yet.

9. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

While I have no definitive proof, I believe that the last couple records I've bought direct (shipped and sold) from Amazon have been fulfilled by the big distribution house in Kentucky that ships out stuff for many other entities such as Deep Discount, as they've arrived in plain cardboard LP mailers with a roughly 3x3" Amazon sticker slapped on the outside.

10. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Interesting.

If Amazon were going to do that moving fwd, would say that their announcement for not accepting stock from labels for the forseeable future (whatever their timeline was I 4get, although I believe this virus crisis is only going to get worse and worse and last for 1-2 years) & instead fulfill orders through a partnership with dedicated firms devoted to music/movies/etc I would have kept my preorders with them but.....I have no idea what the full deal is. Sounded to me that Amazon just won't be handling new stock of entertainment/music releases in favor of essentials we all need in light of the crisis caused shortages etc.

And there is always the concern that the labels themselves will have to shut down making all this moot anyways. I sure hope not though, I need new music to keep me going, distract from how bad things are getting....

11. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Used queen of sharks coupon code through Rakuten and got a couple of great deals on Heavy Horses and Stormwatch Tull book sets...…

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2020
  12. hutlock

13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ I had so much respect for you before! :)

14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yet this is 2020 and like Morrissey, it probably won't show up.

(Low hanging fruit, I know!!!)

15. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

15% off using TEAPOT.

16. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

what/where is this Rakuten app

Tjazz, GentleSenator and Juggsnelson like this.
  17. hutlock

Its a coupon/sales app you can download for your phone/computer that pays you cash back when you buy stuff from certain vendors. Just search whatever App Store you use and it should be there.

superstar19 and Juggsnelson like this.
  18. Juggsnelson

Totally free. They cut you a check every couple of months.

Tjazz, superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  19. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I grabbed Jethro Tull’s Stormwatch book edition for around $28 as it was on sale and I could still apply the 15% off. I threw in a vinyl LP from Shelby Lynne recommended above for another 6 bucks. Will not look too much further as I am contemplating another order at Acoustic Sounds.

20. Speezy

Speezy Well-Known Member

21. hutlock

SJP likes this.
  22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I've been stockpiling some Bruce vinyl for listening when the weather turns from an eventual warm spring into hot summer. As a less-than-rabid fan, that is what I associate his music with. So I spun The Rising and promptly added it to my DD cart followed by a couple more albums. Quite the combo, Bruce and Pete Burns :)! What the heck, it is a fun album on CD, should be even better on vinyl. The last gem is a 20th anniversary vinyl issue of Madrugada's debut album. An old friend introduced me to them, a rock band out of Norway. Every time I'd listen to them when contemplating a DD sale purchase, I'd find so much to like but invariably I'd set it aside. No more, that one is coming as well.

Less than $32 out the door. I'm pretty pleased with some new blowout bin items to choose from and dreading if they load it up again like they did last summer!

hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.
  23. Juggsnelson

24. Juggsnelson

superstar19, SJP and elsanto like this.
  25. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ I saw that, great value it seems.

I didn't really explore Sons Of Apollo because I'm really picky when it comes to metal with my prog, or just metal in general. I'm selling off my Dream Theater because they just don't do it for me any longer so I didn't think SoA would either. For all I know it is something I'll regret passing up.

Juggsnelson likes this.