The Monkees Live in Japan Demixing Project

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jrock1185, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnytheg

johnnytheg Forum Resident

This is exciting! Keep up the great work! I never heard the original four piece band sound so good live. They Definitely improved from the 67 live shows.

Hep Alien, Guy Smiley, agundy and 2 others like this.
  2. advancecharmander

advancecharmander listening to electric ladyland

I really enjoyed Clarksville from this show, and the work you've done here is spectacular. Hope it continues to be great!

3. popscene

popscene Senior Member

What an incredible labor of love. It sounds remarkable so far. Thank you for sharing!

Hep Alien, Guy Smiley, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  4. Nick Klempp

Nick Klempp Member

This is awesome! Can't wait to hear it all together! It has always been weird to think with things like this (it is probably true with any group); that while they were playing these songs live-songs that were recorded two years prior some from BBM and DW single from 6ish months prior and they had already moved on to the songs on HEAD that were so much further along than all of these songs...then right after this (I read the day after they were back from this tour) started filming 33 1/3 and then Peter left and by March 69 three of them toured the year away (which many that set list looks great and surprising they didn't always play Last train!) and then ive read that feb-march 1970 is when Micky and Davy recorded stuff for changes but Mike didn't leave until after the kool aide commercial in april 1970 and then the two(as the Monkees) just faded that year... so much happened it just a short amount of time, it is incredible to think about! So many changes and things they did,no wonder it splintered so quickly and not in the best of ways... I also found it interesting that Peter and Mike had to buy out their time when they left of something like 3 and 4 years but just a little longer and Micky and Davy didn't! Man, if they would have known that and just held on for a bit longer maybe they wouldn't have had such bad financial issues for a while but I guess, as they say, hind sight is 20/20! Well, I am excited for this and what Justin is doing and made me think again about all the above! This and the new Mike and Micky album...good time to be a fan still!

5. jrock1185

jrock1185 Forum Resident Thread Starter

6. FredV

FredV Senior Member

7. FredV

FredV Senior Member

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Sounds great !!! Thanks !

Hep Alien, longdist01 and Guy Smiley like this.
  9. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

A favorite Davy Jones slowie of mine.

Hep Alien and D-rock like this.
  10. Good2BAnywhere

Good2BAnywhere Forum Resident

I always liked that version of the song.

Hep Alien and D-rock like this.
  11. jrock1185

12. BryanW

BryanW Likes his pop sunny.

Keep 'em coming, please. I'm impressed at your ability to cleanly remove those announcers.

13. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

So excited for the finished product. How do plan on making it available to fans?

Grand_Ennui, Hep Alien and Guy Smiley like this.
  14. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Absolutely excellent stuff, @jrock1185 . I think Tork himself would be very happy with this project being both a fan of The Monkees working as a unit and fans getting stuff out the vaults.
    :cheers:

Hep Alien, RobRoyF and D-rock like this.
  15. jrock1185

16. jrock1185

A few notes on I’m A Believer. While I was able to remove the Japanese announcer as in previous tracks, this time, the announcer spoke almost at the same time Micky sang on the second verse, so there were no recoverable vocals on about 75% of the second verse - the music and drums and all are a-okay though. The announcer also talked over half the first chorus but I was able to salvage the entire chorus luckily. Enjoy!!!

17. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Can’t thank you enough for all the effort and dedication you’re putting into this project. :edthumbs:

18. Shriner

Shriner Forum Resident

Really, this is incredibly impressive with what you had to start with, I'm sure. Quite amazing!

19. jrock1185

At least quarantine can be productive right?!? Enjoy!

PhoffiFozz, BryanW, dangiedr and 11 others like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Have you shared this project with Andrew Sandoval or 7A Records?

Hep Alien likes this.
  21. jrock1185

7A is definitely aware of the project as they tweeted one or two of my videos. I know some people tagged Andrew in a post or two about this project but I’ve never seen him respond. Hopefully I’m not stepping on anyone’s toes!

22. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I highly doubt that. I'm sure they're enjoying your work as well!!

Hep Alien and longdist01 like this.
  23. cloggedmind

cloggedmind Doctor Do-Very-Little

Nice work and a great show of audio alchemy, here! Can't wait to hear more!

24. Good2BAnywhere

Good2BAnywhere Forum Resident

Where does the artwork come from?

25. jrock1185

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.