People who were actually more attractive than the actors who portrayed them

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by yesstiles, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Paul C

Paul C Forum Resident

Janet Reno > Will Ferrell

On second thought....

Lightworker and Thwacko like this.
  2. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

The quote about Anne of Cleves being a “Flanders Mare” dates from 1679 and is not recorded contemporarily. Henry did complain about her body odor and felt she wasn’t a virgin based of feeling her breasts (they never consummated their marriage). She also had a different fashion sense,was relatively uneducated ( Trained in needle point though) and didn’t know enough card games.
    Two things really did the marriage in. 1) the political situation changed with France and Austria and Henry no longer needed another European ally. 2) Their first meeting was a disaster. Delayed by storms, when Anne finally landed in England, Henry went to see her. He decided to play a game he loved to play with his first wife Katherine of Aragon. Dress as a beggar and have Katherine recognize him as her true love “the heart never lies”. Unfortunately no one told Anne about this. So when they met , she was outraged when Henry kissed her. Probably the first look of shock and disgust Henry ever received.
    The thing of it is, once Anne and Henry got their marriage dissolved, they ended up getting along pretty well. She got a generous settlement (she had to remain in England but life for women was preferable there as compared to Cleves) and was known as the “Kings Beloved Sister”, ranked just behind as far as women go to whomever Henry’s current wife was and his two daughters.

GodShifter likes this.
  3. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I know her best from Showtime’s “The Tudors”. I think Joss Stone player her (hardly a “Flanders Mare”) but I do recall she hung around and didn’t die. Points for her on that.

4. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

She's a really great example that there are plenty of common woman who are much hotter than the currently group of Hollywood actresses.
    I was watching an old movie on tv a few years ago and I saw this woman have a brief scene and I though she looked amazing.....in BLACK AND WHITE.
    I hurry over to the wiki on the film and not only is it Marlyn Monroe making her film debut, there was a famous film producer who also saw that scene and immediately put her in other films.
    She jumped out of the television.
    Grace Kelly in Rear Window is another female that comes to mind. I really can't think of any female in hollywood today that has that type of wow effect on me.

oxia, GodShifter and DPM like this.
  5. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member Thread Starter

I agree that Marilyn Monroe was far prettier as Norma Jean than she was as the blonde bombshell.

6. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

There is a Michelle Obama biopic coming out in the near future. She is much prettier and has a better personality than that actress.
    The real Erin Brokovich was prettier than Julia Roberts. She had very blonde hair, not just highlights.

paulewalnutz likes this.
  7. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

That's fighting talk, that is! Ain't NO-ONE more attractive than Jessica Chastain!!! :love:

Steve Baker likes this.
  8. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of Eat Pray Love, was also prettier than Julia Roberts. Not that I think Julia is ugly or anything. It's her arrogance and her annoyingly loud laugh that I don't like. I also hated how she wasted 3 years of Benjamin Bratt's time when he could've been looking for his future wife and trying to start a family. I think she didn't marry him because he was Hispanic and she just wanted to be friends with benefits. But enough with the gossip. Everyone is happy and settled down now.

9. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Who is the actress?

GodShifter likes this.
  10. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yeah, I want to know too, because I’m like ... eh ... ?

11. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my friend.

12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member Thread Starter

I'll never understand that one.

[​IMG]

Seems pretty clear cut to me. But viva la difference!

Scowl, EdgardV and Manimal like this.
  13. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

The last I heard it was Viola Davis. I wouldn't call her ugly. She's just not as beautiful as Michelle.

14. jojopuppyfish

That's not a great photo of Erin
    [​IMG]

Panama Hotel and Pete Puma like this.
  15. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Lighting and make up make a huge difference.

16. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

not enough lighting and makeup in the world for me to like Julia Roberts

17. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

:love::love::love:

18. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

What was the film? The earliest role of hers that I've seen was in The Asphalt Jungle, but I know she had bit parts in 5 other films before that.

19. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

Great actor, but Ossie Davis in Bubba Ho Tep is not as attractive as the real JFK.

20. jojopuppyfish

Honestly I went back and looked and I couldn't find the story again. Maybe it was The Asphalt Jungle or Love Happy.

21. illinoisteve

illinoisteve Forum Resident

I've actually spoken to someone who saw Lincoln debate Douglas, my Great Grandmother. She said Lincoln was the ugliest man she ever saw. I've often thought that Lyle Lovett would have been good at portraying Lincoln, though I have no idea whether he can act.

22. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Slackhurst Broadcasting Forum Resident

I remember BBC2 showing a documentary about punk followed by Sid And Nancy, and thinking two things:

How young the people who originated punk were - they really were kids - and that a lot of them were very good looking.

You don’t often see a movie where the whole cast are older and uglier than the real people they’re playing.

23. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Still don't see how the real EB is better-looking than JR.

I searched and found a good 50 pics of EB. Attractive woman, but not as attractive as JR.

Unless you prefer blondes, I guess! :shrug:

EdgardV and yesstiles like this.
  24. DPM

DPM Senior Member

How about Ty Burrell from Modern Family? He looks similar to Lincoln.

25. jojopuppyfish

I don't prefer Julia Roberts.....
    And I think Erin is kind of hot

Panama Hotel and Pete Puma like this.