uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Not blindly claiming a thing. Myself and many others have had good experiences dealing with the Universal group. Not just because they are big but because we are able to deal directly with the company that creates some of the products we buy. They have exclusive issues and sometimes killer prices. If you don't want to play then that is your choice.
    I don't care who is selling what, there are going to be dissatisfied people sometimes. I have had worse luck in dealing with Acoustic Sounds, Mobile Fidelity and Music Direct than the Universal Group. Back when I used to deal direct with Classic Records, they treated me like a king when I had an issue. They soon hand-selected everything I got from them and I never had another problem. Right now, I am waiting for a replacement LP of the UHRQ Jimi Hendrix album from Acoustic Sounds. I am also waiting for a replacement LP and a replacement for one of the LP covers from Music Direct for the Yes "Fragile" One Step record sets. Both companies have been overwhelmed with the amount of defective products they have had to replace while continuing to do new sales. I also bought an extra Yes package from Amazon and had issues. I already received another complete replacement set from Amazon and luckily, I was able to make one good set out of two. Everybody is going to have a problem with something sometime.

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what?

superstar19 likes this.
  3. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Couldn't figure out what was going on with your last few posts until I realized that I put the person you are responding to on "ignore" a long time ago. After looking at their posts, I can recall why

RobCos02330 and GentleSenator like this.
  4. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Use code 30OFF for 30% off your order..

I don't see any reference to free shipping, regardless of order size..

5. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Presumably shipping is free for everything, as I ordered an LP that was $18.98 before the 30% discount and I got free shipping.

Davidmk5 and riverrat like this.
  6. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I just got Richard and Linda Thompson- I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight shipped for $18. Been looking for a copy for a while never wanted to spend $30+ for an older copy hopefully this pressing is good.

superstar19 likes this.
  7. I just placed an order, using the 30OFF discount code and they charged me shipping. I have contacted them and am waiting to hear back. The previous discount code I used was for 25% off + free shipping.

8. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Yea they didn't charge me shipping on the above but on the invoice it was first on there but when it added up on the bottom it was taken off

9. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

My order had free shipping.

riverrat likes this.
  10. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Anyone have any recommendations?
    Here's one: Third World -96 in the Shade.
    Reissued as part of Island Records 60th Anniversary celebration.

A reggae classic. Third World went more and more mainstream after this release, to the point where their music wasn't really even reggae anymore (IMO). This is the only recording of theirs that I own. I have an original pressing in nice shape but since it's a long-time favorite, grabbed this reissue too during an earlier uDiscover sale.

I can't say the reissue beats my original pressing, but it's a good sounding record. For 30% off of $15.49, you can't go wrong. I noticed that another lp in this series - Gregory Isaacs Night Nurse - is priced at $24.98...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  11. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

$25 USD to ship two LPs to Canada.

12. Definitely seems like they increased prices on the big boxes, since the December 2019 offer.

hype likes this.
  13. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, a few I checked were jacked way up from last years sales for sure. I believe a lot of that was due to them having cut prices on the website on top of adding a discount though.

I think i'm going to sit this one out and hope for some more savings.

zphage likes this.
  14. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

MusicVaultz, the Canadian version, is also having a 20% off sale. Might be worth checking that to see if you can get the same titles you were looking for here as they have a lot of overlapping stock.

superstar19 likes this.
  15. Music Vaultz is another division of UMe(UMG). Sound Of Vinyl is another one of their monikers.

16. hutlock

Yes.... and?

That was kind of my point with my post.

17. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

Music Vaultz has the benefit of the exchange rate which averages about another 25% discount. Free shipping as well. Not sure about sales tax...

hutlock likes this.
  18. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

the appetite for destruction locked n loaded box might finally be cheap enough now with the 30% off

19. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

20. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I don't know for sure, but would bet a bit of money that its the BN75 version from 2014.

21. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

ive been debating it as well but still $300 is a lot for when i just really want the cds/blu rays but the box looks sweet

22. hutlock

That thing looks like a college mini-fridge.

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it's so stupid, but i can see myself spending $250 max just to be able to pour over the contents. i still can't believe they thought they'd sell like 10k of these @ $1,000/each.

hutlock likes this.
  24. hutlock

Yeah, I would LOVE to know how many of these sold at full ticket. I can’t imagine that many. Geez I would have to rearrange my whole music room just to fit that thing in there!

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

shoulda bought it from musicvaultz when they were giving away the TT with it. probably could have set it up on top.

riverrat and hutlock like this.