Name an album that you've never got around to listening to but know you really should

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mr-Beagle, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

King crimson.any

2. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

It's not dreadful and not as dire as Byrdmaniax, but you're not missing much.

jwb1231970 and YardByrd like this.
  3. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

I reckon it's a country rock classic but then I like Byrdmaniax and the '73 reunion album too so Rockerreds may well be better of trusting your judgement than mine! :D

4. Mr-Beagle

Mr-Beagle Ah, but the song carries on, so holy Thread Starter

Don't be in too much of a rush!

ARK and Adam Pajda like this.
  5. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

I think for every album I've purchased I've listened to it at least once.

I'm a firm believer that good music will always manage to reach your ears, no matter what. Either from another friend, from a shop, from the internet, or a late night drive home listening to the radio.

The ones that have never worked out for me end up being those albums you are sort of peer-pressured into listening to, because you are told they are amazing. Last two albums where that happened where...

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
    Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell

Both absolutely dire

6. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

If your a fan of Neil you should do yourself a big favor and give it a listen.

Stu54, Who'sTommy and Putrifiers II like this.
  7. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

There’s entire bodies of work I feel I should at least give a chance to, and of those the following albums stick out:

1. Astral Weeks
    2. Dark Side of the Moon

Clucking likes this.
  8. Speedycat69

Speedycat69 Springsteen nut

Gotta be in the mood for carrie and lowell . Got most of leonard cohens but the ( hard on ) album ive no gone near

9. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

Even if I love noise music?

10. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

You'll love it. There's a myth built up around it, that people continue to subscribe too, despite later statements from Reed, that it was a throwaway contractual obligation. How ironic that, all these years later, it stands as the most groundbreaking in Reed's entire discography.

I don't think too many people here listen to Noise, safe to say they'd be aghast at most - if not all - of it.

Roger Thornhill likes this.
  11. Made in Japan by Deep Purple is one of my fav albums but i have never heard another DP album. I just know that i will too let down.

12. Dandelion1967

Dandelion1967 My Favourite Parks Are Car Parks

"Blue" Joni Mitchell

FJC1966 and ARK like this.
  13. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

You'll be in for a treat when you do decide to listen to all of them! The first two albums are very enjoyable and I consider the other four true masterpieces!

14. Socrates

Socrates Forum Resident

Jack White’s “Boarding House Reach.”

stewedandkeefed likes this.
  15. Mr-Beagle

Mr-Beagle Ah, but the song carries on, so holy Thread Starter

Just bang on a trash can ;)

CrawdaddySim1 likes this.
  16. fictionalsounds

fictionalsounds Forum Resident

you absolutely should give a few tracks some play. put on some headphones and youtube the video for "only shallow." it got me from my first watch/listen on 120 minutes.

17. fictionalsounds

it's got great stuff, i remembered "peg" and "deacon blues" from my childhood years with small town fm radio, and the rest of the album is just as good if not better.

ARK likes this.
  18. fictionalsounds

ooo you've got a lot of great discoveries ahead of you. if you have "purple rain" the easiest stuff to get into is obviously the 80s stuff, "sign o' the times" and "1999" would be logical first steps and then on into the ones inbetween. so many great songs and grooves.

Sentient(Jæ)Ant likes this.
  19. fictionalsounds

not a big pink floyd fan here (too much airplay on radio of the same five songs) but can definitely say that "dark side of the moon" is a must listen. some of it is absolutely stunning, and some of the lyrics strike deep.

20. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

The 100th anniversary remix?

21. silverhead

silverhead Give them an inch and they will take a mile

Exile on main st.Heard Tumbling dice the single,then Happy with keith singing which i thought was dire,so never ventured any further.I have survived so far without the need to listen to it but, if the self isolation period is prolonged for many months i may just dive in!.

22. CrawdaddySim1

CrawdaddySim1 Forum Resident

It's hard for me to believe that you haven't heard every track of this album on the radio at some point. First time I played it straight through, I recognized every single note. Talk about a superb album ruined by overexposure.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  23. Ellen1014

Ellen1014 Forum Resident

I will only be 81 so I could save it for then.

24. brother1002

brother1002 I'm hungry....

It's funny that this thread should show up today. Just yesterday, I got a copy of Kind Of Blue. For no other reason except for lack of time, I've never heard it. Well, time is something I have plenty of now, so I'll be spinning it tonight.

ARK, Car and McKigney like this.
  25. McKigney

McKigney Forum Resident

I envy you. I wish I could go back in time and listen to it for the first time, and have my mind blown all over again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.