Name an album that you've never got around to listening to but know you really should

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mr-Beagle, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PineBark

PineBark formerly known as BackScratcher

Have never heard (and have no particular desire to hear) Brian Wilson's Smile

2. FunkJazz

FunkJazz Wake up... and smell the Sunflower

Beatles - Help, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Yellow Submarine, Let It Be :hide:
    Love - Forever Changes

3. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

i think ive listened to every band ive been curious about at least once. Some i may need to revisit and make sure. But i've listened at least once.

4. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

You should try Made in Europe as the followup. I can't dog someone for sticking to live Deep Purple.

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  5. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Why do you guys always have to mention Ringo in these threads?

;)

6. pwhytey

pwhytey Forum Resident

I found a vinyl copy of Exile on sale recently. I'm not a big rock guy so I'd never heard it before, but it was a total bargain at just AUD $25. Turns out I really enjoyed it and have spun it three times over the last few days. The first record is stronger than the second, I reckon.

Fender Relic likes this.
  7. Stu54

Stu54 Well-Known Member

It took me a few listens to get fully into it, but, once it clicked, it became one of my favourite albums of his.

tinnox likes this.
  8. Mr-Beagle

Mr-Beagle Ah, but the song carries on, so holy Thread Starter

How does this fit with the thread title?

Lost In The Flood and ARK like this.
  9. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

Trout Mask Replica

ARK likes this.
  10. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

I listened to DSOTM last night for maybe only the 5th time ever. I like it more with each listen.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    ARK likes this.
  11. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

ARK likes this.
  12. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

That's what happened to me with Automatic for the People. I bought it two years ago, played it in the car and recognised every track (even the instrumental). Radio ate this album up and spat it out.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  13. pantofis

pantofis Senior Member

Any album by Jimi Hendrix. So far, most of what I've heard so far hasn't really moved me, but he has had such a profound effect on lots of my heroes like Brian May or Lenny Kravitz, that I reckon I really should try some album some time.
    I know that day will come, and I'll probably love it.
    For example only recently I got to love Deep Purple albums. (Starting with Infinite!) And their hits had never moved me either.

MikeManaic61 likes this.
  14. PineBark

PineBark formerly known as BackScratcher

I know I should listen to it, but have no desire to.

rod likes this.
  15. StarThrower62

StarThrower62 Forum Resident

John Coltrane - Ascension

16. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

The Best of Jim Nabors

17. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident

I've realised that I own both Are You Experienced and Electric Ladyland but have never listened to Axis:Bold As Love,probably should correct that.

astro70 and Another Steve like this.
  18. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Okay, I know this is sacrilege around here, and I'm a bit shocked myself since I made this realization, but today I was trying to decide on an album to listen to on Spotify while I wait for my stylus to get here so I can listen to records again, and I realized...

I've never actually listened to the UK Beatles albums pre Rubber Soul...
    Don't get my wrong, I've heard most of the songs by themselves, or at least the hits. I own the red compilation so I'm not a stranger to early Beatles music, also own several US albums on vinyl that occasionally I listen to. That being said, I'm mostly into their 65-70 sound, less into the early stuff. So here we go I guess... Currently listening to PPM all the way through the first time ever. I'm not sure how I managed to never dot his before. I've listened to all the UK Stones albums, somehow just missed the Beatles. I guess I always assumed I'd buy physical copies of all of them when I find them for a decent price and listen then, but now that I can't go record digging for the foreseeable future, streaming will do.

19. artieziff

artieziff Forum Resident

Ha, I was once like you...only knew post Rubber Soul Beatles. I listened to the early albums via my wife and I vastly prefer them.
    I tried to get a metal head into the Velvet Underground once and he just wasn't interested. I then got one of those 100 minute cassettes and dubbed pretty much everything of value onto it and no dice. "You didnt like Sister Ray? Not heavy enough for you?" Reply: "was that the ding-dong one?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.