Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

How neat! I've always wanted to visit the Bear Family company headquarters and take a tour of the warehouse. Of course, that would make me want to buy some titles as well! :laugh:

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Amazon has a bunch under $30.00 ...

DEAN OF ROCK likes this.
  3. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

That looks like a big box on top of the Connie Smith box, but can only make out the C.

melstapler and baptistbusman like this.
  4. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

Almost certainly R&B in D.C.

5. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

It is hard to tell, but the new Connie Smith box appears to be the smaller size box similar to the Chuck Berry and Fats Domino boxes. I much prefer the full size boxes (especially when it is part 3 of a Connie Smith series)

[​IMG]

JMR, melstapler, Vintage1976 and 2 others like this.
  6. Mychael

Mychael Forum Resident

Regular size. (The box, not Mrs. Smith.)

7. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Forum Resident

Up on the right on the picture it is written 1940-1960.
    Must be the years that the music in the box was recorded.

GodBlessTinyTim likes this.
  8. Vintage1976

Vintage1976 Way Out West

Just picked up the Bob Luman box. I already had all the albums, but, he's worthy of the boxset. What a loss when he passed!

Also just finished listening to the whole Wilma Lee and Stoney Cooper box I bought recently. Tremendous!

9. Svein Arne

Complete Nashville rebel movie with Waylon.Enjoy the music and see Nashville the way it was in 1965:

Mr. H and john hp like this.
  10. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Always seen this in about the same quality.
    Wish somebody would find a better print of it (probably doesn't exist), clean it up, and re-present it.
    A great little document for many reasons.

11. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Lord, give us some time with that Connie Smith box (ditto the Fats Domino re-issue). I've been laid off and it doesn't appear our current situation is gonna ease up any time soon.

12. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

My daughter was just laid off.

Not only that, but most of the situations where people like to volunteer to offer help, have ended abruptly. People may still be willing to volunteer, but meetings are banned and organizations are closed

13. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I wonder if the Fats Domino set has actually been reissued, or whether Bear Family has been permitted to sell some remaining stock.

I would call it "reissued" if vendors in North America and the rest of the world actually are selling and shipping it.

rod and baptistbusman like this.
  14. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Good point and important distinction.

15. DR.J

DR.J Forum Resident

So sorry for anyone out of work. It’s as scary as the virus. My daughter lost her job in retail. Luckily her husband still works; otherwise, I have to step in to help my 2 year old grandson. I’d do anything for that boy!

I bought the Fats set a while ago and still haven’t gotten around to ripping it and playing: a downside of no CD player. Still working my way through the great Bakersfield set.

Good luck to everyone out there. Praying this is a short lived crisis!

16. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

You don't have a DVD player? If you are all out of CD players and just want something inexpensive, buy a $50-$60 DVD player.

17. DR.J

DR.J Forum Resident

Thanks! I have a very fine DAC with a network card. It’s a PS Audio DSD with a bridge. It’s am amazing DAC but I have to rip my CDs before I can listen. I get lazy!

18. Svein Arne

A great record to listen to in these corona times:

19. rod

rod Senior Member

baptistbusman likes this.
  20. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Despite drastic physical differences from his late father, Robyn Young sounds a great deal like Faron. Although I've seen Faron's other son Trey Young perform, it would be nice to catch one of Robyn's shows in the near future. Until then, here's his recent appearance on Larry's Country Diner.

21. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

[QUOTE="melstapler]
    [/QUOTE]
    Really nice, thanks.

melstapler and Zappateer like this.
  22. Zappateer

Zappateer Forum Resident

Thoughts on the Frankie Laine Rawhide box or the Hank Locklin boxes?

melstapler and baptistbusman like this.
  23. Svein Arne

The Rawhide box with Frankie Laine includes his concept albums,western albums in stereo.These are great.Singles in stereo for the first time.I will buy this if i can find it cheap.
    https://www.bear-family.com/laine-frankie-rawhide-9-cd.html

This Hank Locklin cd box contains his recordings before RCA.If you are a fan/completist that wants all of Hank Locklins recordings you can buy this:
    Hank Locklin Box set: Send Me The Pillow You Dream On (3-CD) - Bear Family Records

This is the Hank Locklin cd box i would buy:
    https://www.amazon.com/Please-Help-...ank+Locklin+cd&qid=1586247044&s=music&sr=1-13

24. Vintage1976

Vintage1976 Way Out West

Robyn puts together the sons/daughters show every year in Nashville. This year it's been postponed or cancelled. But, agreed, would be nice to catch a show of his.

melstapler likes this.
  25. Vintage1976

Vintage1976 Way Out West

That boxset randomly showed up today. Turns out USPS picked it up mistakenly, and I guess forwarded it on.

Unopened, I almost don't want to open it.