Ozark (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dmiller458, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Finished watching season 3. Waoooooo. What a way of ending it. Cant wait for season 4. This show is amazing. Totally binge watching worthy.

Silken, Ryan Lux, Jack Lord and 5 others like this.
  2. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

You are in for a long, scary ride. Just when you think things can't get any worse they do! Enjoy the ride!

Szeppelin75, rockclassics and razerx like this.
  3. Martinn

Martinn Forum Resident

Finished S3E8, two more to go, and heard that they are good. Got extra beer and tp, E9 tonight then!

Szeppelin75 and MikeInFla like this.
  4. hyntsonsvmse

hyntsonsvmse Nick Beal

I've just started watching this and I like it.
    The bimbo barbie wife is beautifully appalling. Clearly a deliberate caricature. I love it early on when she says to one of her friends on the phone that it's terrible at ozark because you can't get a decent pizza. Make one yourself. she's surrounded by so much beauty and yet she still judges the quality of somewhere by its pizza. Ken would be proud of her.
    Im on ep 5 and all the characters are wonderfully awful and psychopathic. Suck types are ubiquitous these days in certain circles.
    It's an interesting series. An interesting study on greed and selfishness. Sadly this seems to be how many people are today.
    Im not sure I'll watch all of the series but so far I'm optimistic.

MikeInFla likes this.
  5. Szeppelin75

The wife will change a lot throught out the series. Just keep on watching

yesstiles, rockclassics and Comet01 like this.
  6. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

Wife and I stayed up until 2:30am and finished Season 3. WOW! What an ending!

7. MikeInFla

Yeah, I never saw that coming!

Oh you'll keep watching, it becomes addictive as the show gets darker and deeper into a mess!

8. hyntsonsvmse

hyntsonsvmse Nick Beal

I am getting to the end of s1 and yes, its getting to be a wonderful mess. I like the series as its one of those where you do other things whilst its on.
    Any show that plays Can't you hear me knocking, has to be a class act.

enro99, trumpet sounds and MikeInFla like this.
  9. MikeInFla

Found this fun video:

Silken, turnersmemo, EVOLVIST and 3 others like this.
  10. MikeInFla

Julia Garner is such a great actress. She plays the part of Ruth so well that if I ever saw her in public and heard her speak I would have no idea who she was. She would cross my mind as "where do I know her from, she looks familiar".

11. Szeppelin75

She really is the MVP of this series.

12. Szeppelin75

And lets not forget Darlen psycho bi$%# from hell.

trumpet sounds and John Buchanan like this.
  13. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Not sure I can remember every word, but the F-word every other sentence is about right.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  14. MikeInFla

Agreed, I NEVER liked her redneck character but in the last 3 or 4 episodes of season 3 she was a bit more likable, but never trust a snake.

This is about Ben, not really a spoiler but if you haven't seen episode one of season 3 then avoid it. I give nothing away, just a comment on the character during a particular scene.

And I am still trying to understand Ben's breakdown in the classroom. He was legitimately trying to teach those kids math. I could not see what the text/photo said on the phones. Was it a compromising photo of the girl? I watched the episode on my phone and while it does have a large screen for a phone it is nothing like watching it on a big TV. I assume this little intro to Ben was to introduce to us a bipolar person. My wife was a teacher and ended up quitting about 2 weeks before Covid-19. The kids in her class are like the ones presented here -- they stay on the phone and do not pay attention. Phones were and are a problem in schools. She tried to take someone's phone and they told her to "F" off. She reported the student and admin did nothing so she turned in a 4 week notice. The school begged her to stay but she had enough of dealing with the disrespect and she was not a substitute teacher. The next week she found another job at an elementary school as a "para professional". Part time, no headaches but a huge cut in pay. And now with schools closed she isn't working at all. She said the other day that even though she isn't working it was still worth leaving the stress but admits it would be easier now that all of the schools have gone to online courses so she wouldn't have to deal with the bad kids face to face.

15. Szeppelin75

I believe the Ben charachter in that particular scene lost it because he was not lets say following "doctor's orders"

MikeInFla likes this.
  16. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Yeah, it was what you speculated. You could tell by his comments as well.

MikeInFla likes this.
  17. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

well, yeah--the basic purpose: this guy's bipolar, off his meds . . . but it also establishes his bonafides as a "righteous dude" of the bipolar variety; he didn't "just" go off--he was rightfully outraged at not just the use of cellphones in class, but using them to shame (either with comments, lewd photos or whatever) this female student he deemed an innocent.

it sets up key context for much of the rest of the season to pivot on.

enro99, turnersmemo, Johnny66 and 3 others like this.
  18. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

I was quite fascinated by the way the show chose to stage the emotional finale to the 3rd season in the 2nd last episode (Episode 9), leaving the final episode to resolve (somewhat) the convoluted plot ends. As such, I found the final instalment to be a little mechanical, lacking the sheer dramatic weight of the preceding episode.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  19. hyntsonsvmse

hyntsonsvmse Nick Beal

I finished s1. last ep was weak and predictable.

20. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Both new character, Ben, Wendy’s brother, and Frank Cosgrove Jr., the Kansas City mob guy’s son are from the show “Banshee”. Both played neo nazis. Joseph Sikora who plays Cosgrove Jr. was Matt Sharp (he was also Tommy Egan “Power”) while Tom Pelphrey who plays Ben was Kurt Bunker. It’s funny to see them both in this.

Brenald79 likes this.
  21. Szeppelin75

Episode 9 Waooooo.

22. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Forum Resident

Great season! Binged it in three days.

D & W are the creepiest couple on TV.

Silken, Ryan Lux, yesstiles and 2 others like this.
  23. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

Binge watching this, wonderful, nearly finished, any recommendations for anything similar, thanks?

24. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I thought it was quite funny as well seeing the two of them here. Especially seeing Joseph Sikora who co-starred in Power and played one the craziest psychopaths in tv history.

GodShifter likes this.
  25. trumpet sounds

trumpet sounds "The radio makes hideous sounds." Bob Dylan

Ruth’s Most Iconic Lines on Ozark