Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I only watched short clips from the show, but having a handful of people near ringside provided so much more life than what WWE has been doing. Seeing as Raw only had one match on Monday (If I remember it correctly) and NXT last night had none, I don't think they are pleased with the results either.

2. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

ESPN showed Wrestlemania XXX (2014) last night. Great to see BROCK LESNAR resist some Undertaker MMA moves and defeat the undefeated.

3. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

KoKo needs your help! (No mention of his mother, Tupper Ware - hahaha I remember Heenan used to say that on Prime Time Wrestling).

A GoFundMe has been launched for Koko B. Ware to help him with knee replacement surgery. The current goal for the GoFundMe is set at $10,000. You can donate by clicking here.

Today WWE Legend & Hall of Famer KoKo B Ware is coming to his caring fans to ask for some help. KoKo needs a Knee replacement desperately. With no insurance KoKo has to foot the bill 100 percent. KoKo entertained us for many many years as one of the greatest legends in wrestling. He gave his all every night inside that ring. KoKo still loves to be out an about meeting an greeting all his fans an this critical knee replacement will make that possible for KoKo to come to a city near you an have the awesome meet & greets that KoKo makes special. KoKo is not asking for much just your loving donation of whatever it maybe that you can give. Every dollar helps KoKo to reach his goal. We thank you for your love an support.

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  4. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I gotta say... I'm a little bummed.
    So strange how this Tiger King documentary and the video that The Undertaker made with his wife supporting that creepy douchey guy that owns the tiger place in Myrtle Beach has really ****ed up the way I look at Taker. Always respected Styles but after watching him mock Taker (actually 'a sweet burn' imo) over the video, i love Uncle Alan a little more. I just want undertaker to go away now.

5. MikeInFla

6. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

We watched this last night. We were all in tears for David and Sandy by the end. God bless Chris Jericho, my son said.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  7. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

And I absolutely agree that Woman deserves to be in the HOF. And Vickie Guerrero should induct her with Sandy accepting for her.
    In my only meeting with her she was so sweet and I saw the mother in her as I started crying as we talked about her managing Kerry Von Erich. I was so upset that I forgot to pay for the 8X10 she signed for me(Fallen Angel) and I had to find her to give her the money. Again very nice to me.

Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  8. MikeInFla

Yep, as Le Champion stated, she should be inducted as "Woman".

9. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

At least we got the Jericho-Hardy promo which was pretty hilarous. Loved Jericho trying to recruit Van Guard 1

JamieC, MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. MikeInFla

In a major story, Roman Reigns is reportedly out of his WrestleMania 36 match with Goldberg. Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that sources close to the matter said that Reigns told WWE he no longer felt comfortable performing at the WWE Performance Center during the COVID-19 pandemic due to the fact that his fight against leukemia left him immunocompromised, and he doesn’t want to risk his health.

RayS, Matthew Tate and noname74 like this.
  11. RayS

Good choice by him and the card just got upgraded by subtraction.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

I don't know. The whole spear vs spear thing would have been cool to see. I'm curious to see who will replace him.

Actually this Wrestlemania is one that I'm strangely looking forward too, just to see how they try and pull it off. I'm not a fan of the WWE product but it's facinating to see how they'll produce the show with:
    -No audience with rumors of them digitally adding an audience
    -Spread over 2 nights
    -Weird matches like the boneyard match and the Cena bar brawl match
    -Roman suddenly out, leaving one of the highest profile matches without 2 competitors.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Braun Strowman is replacing Roman

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. MikeInFla

Interesting but I don't see them putting the title on him. Will they finally do it?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. RayS

Rumor has it that Goldberg got the virus but refused to put it over.

16. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

ha.

17. MikeInFla

‪Brock Lesnar was not in a pleasent mood at this weeks WrestleMania 36 tapings as he let WWE Chairman Vince McMahon hear an earful during WrestleMania 36 tapings at the Performance Center. ‬

‪Brock Lesnar was not happy with Vince McMahon for making everyone attend tapings and moving forward with WrestleMania 36 and not postponing the show. ‬

‪Brock felt that it was greed that is the driving force behind this years WrestleMania and that Vince McMahon came off as not caring for everyone’s health. ‬

‪Brock Lesnar informed WWE Production that he wanted to film his match with Drew McIntyre and go immediately home. WWE Officials tried to explain that a strict filming schedule was in place and that he would have to wait his turn in line. At that point Lesnar immediately searched out for Vince McMahon who at the time was meeting with other key WWE Officials and demanded to film his match earlier, Brock also let Vince McMahon know (vulgar language included) what he thinks of him making everyone come in and tape the show.

18. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

He’s right.

MikeInFla, Matthew Tate and Mr. H like this.
  19. MikeInFla

Man I love Jericho! Trying to recruit Vanguard 1 hahaha. Release the hounds! Haha!

20. MikeInFla

Finally got around to watching the second episode of Dark Side Of The Ring with New Jack. I wasn't that familiar with him other than his time in SMW. I never knew what happened to him after that. Man, that dude is truly hardcore!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

My New Jack story.
    We were doing an IWF show in Dearborn and they brought in New Jack. The bastard scared me to death and I avoided him except to get his intro straight. This was just after Chris Candido died and I opened the show with an off the cuff emotional promo about Candido, culminating with a ten bell salute. We had worked with Chris and Tammy a couple of times and I knew Tammy had to be devastated and asked everyone to keep Tammy in their thoughts. I intro-ed the first match. When I got to the back New Jack grabbed me and shook my hand. "My man. You did my boy right!" I think I detected a bit of a tear, but maybe not. I maybe told him "good match" after, but that was the extent of our conversation.
    He still scares the piss out of me.

They left a lot of stuff out. And who cares what Mustapha smoked?

Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  22. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Im crying here. Powerful.

JamieC, Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  23. MikeInFla

I don't have the network so I didn't see part 1 of WM. Anyone see it? How was it?I read the recap and the match they literally buried the guy that should've gone over but it's what I expected anyway

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. RayS

I'll give them credit for trying. There's only so much excitement you can put into a match without a crowd. The high point for me was the "tag team" (not) ladder match - terrific performances all around, lots of high spots, and a unique ending. The low point, shocker, was Goldberg-Strowman. About two minutes long, and Goldberg was blown up like he just ran a marathon. Here's hoping he heads off into the sunset now. The Becky-Shayna match was disappointingly short with an "out of nowhere" roll up ending. My guess is that there is a rematch and title switch on Raw. I was kind of surprised at how much most people seem to have loved the boneyard match. Half match, half movie, complete with atmospheric music ... very reminiscent of the "Hardy compound" stuff. Credit to A.J. for making the thing work.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. MikeInFla

Yes, by reading the recap I thought Hardy Compound. And a few weeks ago when Taker came out and flipped over tables on Raw u said "oh American Bada$$ is coming back". I guess that's what they did?

Matthew Tate likes this.