Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Yes, I think it’s as good as he first few seasons of Homeland. In France it’s more popular than Game Of Thrones.

I’d be curious to hear what you think of how realistic it is.

antonkk likes this.
  2. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

3. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Will try to find the english or russian version tonight. Self-isolation is good for this stuff!:D

Mylene and Brenald79 like this.
  4. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

It’s available on the Sundance Now channel where I live. They do free 1 month trials.

5. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Not sure if people bothered watching the final season of Homeland after some pretty so-so seasons. But I will say that it is going out with a bang. I rarely recommend anything, but I make an exception here. Of course there is some suspension of disbelief required, but just roll with it. Tonight's episode is killer. Girl power! Two female CIA agents - one bonkers, the other incompetent - are bringing us to the brink of nuclear war. (That's not a spoiler, btw,)

Karnak, Gardo and sberger like this.
  6. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I've really enjoyed this season. I don't watch this or any other show and measure it for reality. It's a FICTIONAL TV SHOW. All I want it to do is entertain me. If it doesn't I won't watch it.

7. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Well, never knew entering Bagram airbase is that easy now! Under soviet rule it was like the most guarded base on Earth. Not to mention sneaking into interrogation room and chatting with a suspect off the record. Other than that (and We have what we want moment) it was a strong episode. Some great acting by the talib guy, Danes and sets up for a grand finale.

Mylene and GentleSenator like this.
  8. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

That was so glaring. It's as if the writers just didn't care at that point. And, to be honest, maybe it was for the best. Do we need to waste 5 minutes watching her contort her way in?

marcb likes this.
  9. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It's like an old 1950s movie serial now. You can set your watch to the cliffhangers. Carrie is always about to do something sensible then in the last minute will do something so insane that I have no option than to watch the next episode.

GentleSenator likes this.
  10. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

The one improvement is the reveal in the plot that set up for the possible betrayal of Saul. That, at least, has some dramatic potential.

L.

Gardo, GentleSenator and Mylene like this.
  11. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

But of course she's not gonna do it, right? Unless they decided to take a Games of Thrones approach and go for a full slaughter in the end to leave everybody shocked an discussing the finale for years to come.

12. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

I'm not sure what's she's going to do, but at least the dilemma has some dramatic weight for now. Will she throw Saul under the bus to stop a war? Will she find a way to work with Saul to finesse the situation? Will she try one or the other and fail and get crushed (unwillingly) by Saul? Will she find some other way out? Will she have to sacrifice herself in some way? Etc......

It's just enough to keep me watching through the end.

L.

Gardo and GentleSenator like this.
  13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

saul has always been my favorite character in this show, but upon reflection of this entire saga i've come to the conclusion that he is a real idiot. i'm banking on something heartbreaking happening to him.

14. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Well, I'm not sure that Russia's game makes any more sense now. Risking a nuclear war and total chaos on it's southern underbelly (which Russia made an enormous effort to safeguard ever since withdrawing from Afghanistan) to get a mole in Kremlin? Not sure about that. Why not ask for lifting or sanctions or something truly global?

15. TakiJones

TakiJones Senior Member

Thank you for the recommendation. This show is excellent. A little hard to follow at the start, but now I can't stop watching it.

Rufus McDufus and Brenald79 like this.
  16. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Weak episode tonight, sad to say. Laughable final scene.

GentleSenator and mrjinks like this.
  17. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

Riveting episode tonight. Ended in a vague and very interesting way. Sure, people can poke holes in some of the storyline, but riveting nonetheless, and that's what TV is all about. I simply CANNOT wait for the series finale next week!

Gardo, marcb and sberger like this.
  18. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

That's what I like. Consensus

19. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

I love how the National Security Adviser leaves the front door to his unguarded home unlocked, and lets Carrie run amok. But I do look forward to next week. Oddly, the finale of Belgravia was more riveting tonight.

20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I liked it. The way Carrie worked out stuff about the asset was quite brilliant. Sure you have to suspend disbelief but who cares?

21. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Will the final episode be titled, “Better Kill Saul”?

22. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Had to look it up, but now I know what a HiLux is.

23. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Isn't it a Toyota van that the terrorists prefer?

If you're buying a white van you're either a terrorist or selling dodgy speakers :p

GentleSenator and Ed Hughes like this.
  24. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

It's a Toyota pickup truck, but not sold in the US market. In particular those 4 door ones that both terrorists and spies seem to drive in the show.

[​IMG]

Mylene likes this.
  25. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I'm glad her forehead isn't permanently furrowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.