Import CDs Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by townsend, Mar 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Sorry you had a bad experience, but here in America, I've had a lot of vinyl shipped from them, and none of it has been warped, and the packaging it was sent in was state of the art in tool and die. I've yet to see such bulletproof mailers used elsewhere.

Juggsnelson and Ital Galore like this.
  2. Ital Galore

Ital Galore Forum Resident

I always wondered how they stayed in business I gave up on them years ago
    Im in Australia so clearly the cheap packaging does not do justice for international shipping

Jimmy Agates, E.Baba and Myke like this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Must be that journey to Australia. I've had pretty much nothing but high quality product from importCDs and all their incarnations, both from the sites and on eBay.

Yet I often get similar packing from Amazon UK and see the same result.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  4. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

For me the packaging from ImportCDs has always been better than Amazon. The only issue I've had was with the occasional CDR that wasn't advertised as such.

5. Ital Galore

Ital Galore Forum Resident

Your all making me reconsider my decision not to buy from them
    maybe ill buy a cd and see how I go

have they improved packaging over the last 12 months ?

6. Electric

I've only bought CDs and never had a problem shipping to Canada.

Ital Galore likes this.
  7. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Same.

After a box set vinyl arrived damaged I rebought elsewhere and it arrived perfect. Difference was the packing not the price.

Ital Galore likes this.
  8. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I know they can't control the post office, and media mail takes longer. However, I will never understand how they can ship something out of Louisville, Kentucky to me in Chattanooga, TN and it have stops in Pittsburgh, PA and Atlanta, GA along the way.

For anyone without a map. I'm roughly 5 hours south from Louisville. Every time it ends up 1st in Pittsburgh (6 hours north of Louisville, 11 hours from me), the second stop is always Atlanta (which is 2 hours south of me, 7 hours south of Louisville).

So it goes 6 hours in the wrong direction, then 2 hours past me before it comes back north to me.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Kubricker likes this.
  9. Electric

Got my order in today. Now I wait to find out which ones won't ship to Canada and which ones can't get filled because they can't be ordered anymore.

10. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

I'm still holding out hope for the Animals box - on the Cherry Red website, it states the following: THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY BEING REPRESSED DUE TO HIGH DEMAND AND WE EXPECT TO HAVE FRESH STOCK BY 23rd MARCH SO ORDERS WILL NOT BE FULFILLED UNTIL THE NEW STOCK ARRIVES.

Juggsnelson, PhantomStranger and SJP like this.
  11. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

I'm about to place an order with the 20% off sale right now, can someone please confirm they ship orders of multiple Lps in the same package (i.e. from the same location)?
    Thanks

12. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

20% off sale?

13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Probably the eBay 20% off $65.

And yes, everything typically arrives in a single package. Great for multiple LPs, less so when mixed media is ordered.

Pali Gap and Swordsandchains like this.
  14. Pali Gap

Yes- Ebay sale. Only catch is you can't include a boxset with this discount, boxsets have their own 10% off sale..

15. Pali Gap

From your experience, any problems with pressings received not matching item description/ UPC codes?

16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

That hasn't been a problem with vinyl.

The only issue I've had is when a picture/description shows a box set version but a single CD ships. This happened at least once and in all fairness, the price was more in line with the single CD. Simply returned and got a credit without any problem.

17. Pali Gap

Ok, it seems that in the last 3 hours the sale has disappeared, and with it the 20% discount in my shipping cart :realmad:...

18. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

That's pretty crappy, not standing by your own advertising, and just dropping it down the ol' memory hole...:thumbsdow

19. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

yep thats how all their Ebay sales go, they disappear without notice. But usually comeback pretty frequently.

SJP likes this.
  20. It could be back as early as tomorrow morning. I've seen them pull the sale, only to bring it back the next day. There's no rhyme or reason you can detect from the outside. It may be a method for managing their internal workforce's capacity.

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yes, the discounts come and go.

Interestingly, the departure of the 20% off $65+ coincides with a pretty smoking eBay/PayPal Credit coupon that I just saw in my in-box today, $50 off $300+.

Wow, if the importCDs/eBay discount remained active, stacking with the PayPal coupon, imagine the possibilities!

Glad I don't have to make that choice.

superstar19 and Swordsandchains like this.
  22. TheoJ

TheoJ Forum Resident

The sale is back now

23. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Yes discounts but I'm not receiving anything I've ordered from anywhere in the US delivered to AU.

Post within AU still quick and effective but nothing coming from international so I'm trying not to order anything else.

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  24. Electric

Not at their web site though.

25. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Glad it's not just me then - had some things shipped in mid March that haven't shown yet :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.