Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Well, that's double-tracked drums in the finale section, one drum kit per channel, so this might not count.

JulesRules and JediJoker like this.
  2. rez21

rez21 Well-Known Member

3. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

It's what I've been saying. Its being witheld from release just to spite certain people. The war rages on. And this is obviously just from Roger's point of view. Didn't Polly also have something to say about this meeting?

4. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

5. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Reading that, it makes me think that David will not agree to a simple majority vote of the surviving members in regards to any decisions on reissues. Unsure as to whether it is because he wants to exclude Roger (who quit in the 1980s), or if it is intended to give Rick's (or Syd's) family a vote in anything from his tenure with the band.

6. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

'RS Interview: Special Edition' With Roger Waters

You can hear Roger himself talking about it on the video here, starting at minute 7:00.
    So the "big-peace-plan" was apparently the release of the Animals box, after all. Which Roger seems to imply that was vetoed by David, probably because it was James Guthrie who did this remaster, in an attempt to strike back at Roger, who had vetoed the Andy Jackson's Meddle / OBC remixes on TEY.
    Who got screwed on both occasions? Yes, the fans.

RangerXT, snkcube, JediJoker and 9 others like this.
  7. rontoon

AFAIK, it's still mostly about the Waters/Guthrie vs Gilmour thing. Keep in mind that a recent request to remaster PULSE for TLY was denied so both parties are doing us no favors.

RangerXT, drum_cas, snkcube and 7 others like this.
  8. NunoBento

Right. There was PULSE as well. Maybe we could have gotten the full show.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  9. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

So Guthrie did tons of stuff for years for the Floyd and now suddenly he's not good enough for Gilmour? And Roger's the bad guy in all this? What a trainwreck.

10. NunoBento

I don't see Roger as the bad guy in this issue. At all.

11. rontoon

Of course it's good enough. It has nothing to do with the quality of his work. It's just a bad relationship.

RangerXT, drum_cas and JediJoker like this.
  12. RockAddict

RockAddict Sanity is an illusion, just like democracy

Weird how things turn around over the years. Decades ago, it was Waters who was undoubtedly very bitter and angry. Now, it *seems* Gilmour is at least bitter, if not necessarily angry.

There is one solution: if one party disagrees with the other over a mix, put both mixes in the release packages. Yep, that's not going to happen either...

In other news, I also have the solution for world peace... :confused: :help: :D

13. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

Obviously, this Animals 5.1 won't be released until one of them croaks. I say this knowing full well they owe us nothing. But don't they still want our money?

Azza200 likes this.
  14. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

So disappointing. I was excited to see at least the new Animals artwork Powell and his team made up.

RangerXT, JediJoker and PDK like this.
  15. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

i'm glad they did not touch the Pulse audio for the new edit in TLY release just a shame it's also the main reason no other live audio from 94 was included in the box set. Sad thing is a lot of stuff won't get released until David & Roger pass away.

RangerXT, Big Pasi and boboquisp like this.
  16. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

It's about time these two pratts turn their legacy recordings over to a third party to manage, because they are just being a pair of kindergarten tots, and ruining their own legacy for some bs oneupmanship.

17. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

I think they have more than enough money, and then there are people who bought The Later Years box when it was $500.

Musicisthebest and boboquisp like this.
  18. Ha! I'd love to hear it -- especially the part where the singer keeps repeating "stoned" over and over again. (I know that's not what he's actually saying, but it's more fun to imagine that's what he's droning.)

19. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

(in yoda voice) no....there is another...
    dont forget polly is like a band member now sort of like yoko. So if dave dies i think she might uphold his wishes?

20. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Roger may be the biggest Ahole on the planet! He’s been this way since at least 1977.

RangerXT, Beefalo and AZRunner like this.
  21. It's sad because Roger and David alone aren't that great in my opinion. When they're together, they make magic. Their live shows seem to retread the glory days of Floyd. I will say this: I love The Body. That's a great album, but the members of Floyd were all over this.

pinkrudy and J_D__ like this.
  22. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

"And when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown..."
    Darn it Rog. Ah well...as long as I have my first print UK Animals Lp, and 2011 CD. Oh, and ROIO shows from '77.

coffeetime likes this.
  23. NunoBento

Thinking further about this.
    Last year Polly said that the peace plan was actually the other way around. David proposing something to Roger and Roger denied.
    What would that be? Releasing the AJ remixes of OBC and Meddle that were locked away, in exchange for the green light to release the JG Animals?

Safe to say that with the release of TLY and this neverending battle, we've probably seen the last of PF releases in a long long time. Maybe the re-release of DSOT on Blu-Ray or the new remix of AMLOR, but that's it.
    I just realised that we're not gonna even see the supposedly glorious Pompeii video restoration on BluRay and audio remix. It was done by JG.

24. Dude, that sucks. I love that Pompeii performance. I have it on dvd and on bootleg vinyl. I'd luv to see this on blu-ray.

RangerXT and NunoBento like this.
  25. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I try not to think about this BS.