New 'Star Trek: Discovery' TV Series a Go at CBS All Access*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Nov 2, 2015.

1. When is season 3 starting?

2. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I don't know the exact answer to your question but I know that CBS All Access has said they want a Star Trek product to air all year around so you definitely won't see season 3 of Discovery until at least after season 1 of "Picard" in finished.

JediJoker likes this.
  3. Picard is on Amazon Video, at least in Spain, I guess it's also on Amazon video on other European countries as well. I hope they move Star Trek Discovery to Amazon Video too so I won't have to pay for Netflix to watch it on HDR.

4. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

On the CBS app on Apple TV 4K, there is no "Popular TV" tab, but there's "Most Popular". I scrolled through it, and it had many shows and movies (including all the ST shows and a few movies), but no Short Treks.

I also searched within CBS and out on the overall Apple TV for "Short Treks" but nothing was found.

I remember on Prime, the Short Treks were found within the list of Discovery episodes, but I searched there on CBS and it only had the Season 1 and 2 regular episodes.

5. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Ya, it seems that you are not the only person wondering about this, there are some reddit threads mentioning the issue too. I wonder if it has anything to do with the netflix/amazon/cbs split as far as Discovery/Picard where it switched for global vs US. I just checked Prime video and they are all there.

Even though the CBS All Access content is supposed to be the same no matter where you get it, I've found out that is not the case. For example, on the CBS App you can get all the seasons of Perry Mason but on the Prime Video app you can only get the first 5. Neither CBS nor Amazon were able to explain why, they essentially blamed each other.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  6. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I guess I'll survive. Thanks for your help, anyway!

7. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Also a lot of Gunsmoke seasons on CBS All Access App, but not on Amazon' s version of the app.

8. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

On my CBS App, I can get PERRY MASON season 1-8, but not 9.

On my CBS app, only GUNSMOKE seasons "1" and "2" are available, and these are the hour-long seasons. As I recall, when CBS All Access first started, it only had a couple of seasons of the half-hour show.

JediJoker likes this.
  9. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

Anyone know when it comes back ?

10. I'm eager to see what happened to the Discovery and its crew after the season 2 ending.

11. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Maybe after Picard ends. April?
    But more likely in the fall, maybe September.

fitzysbuna and JediJoker like this.
  12. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

well i'm late to the party having started Discovery this month during a quarntineathon freebie. not done quite yet with season two but wondering if anyone else see a Bryan Fuller-Hannibal-Red Dragon-Red Angel visuals tie-in during season two? i still don't know where the Red Angel storyline ends up in sea 2 but every time i see the visuals that's what leaps to mind. is it just me?

13. Dr. Pepper

What did you think of season 1 and which season have you enjoyed more so far?

14. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I suspect they didn't finish filming Season 3, and they won't be willing to put it on the schedule until they know they have the whole season to post-produce. These days with sequential story arcs the way they are, what's the point in airing what you have, if you don't have a season climax to close with.

Production halts are a real issue for several series this year, but if you didn't already start running episodes before you finished filming, it's best to not start them until you know how you're gonna end up.

Shawn and fitzysbuna like this.
  15. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

It appears not:
    Olatunde Osunsanmi on Twitter

But I'm sure post is hard to do when everybody's at home, so we'll see. Definitely still a TBD.

16. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Well, that's good news! Still possible, they didn't quite finish, and made-do with what they had (perhaps it's not a definitely-defined season, as broadcast schedules call for), or they fixed it in post. I'm willing to take them at their word, though.

And, when you're at home and you work on a computer platform, what's to say you can't finish from home, eh?

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  17. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

It might have ruined any potential reshoots but yeah not sure how the VFX biz is handling all this.

18. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

season one was pretty good-good enough for me to start season 2. i am enjoying season 2 a bit more so far. mainly because of Anson Mount and Michelle Yeoh. the continued return of characters thought dead is getting a bit ridiculous though. i thnk i have 2 episodes left in season 2. looking forward to where they leave the storyline.

19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Late to the party, have ignored EVERYTHING about Discovery to this point. A couple months ago I got a Roku for my music room TV and started with Picard. Liked it well enough, actually quite a bit and will certainly be there for season 2. But Discovery? Wow! This is character development we can only dream about in the Star Wars universe.

I didn't drill back into the opinions regarding season 1. I found Lorca to be a cool captain. Brash, rogue...and in the end a d-bag but who knew? I didn't see it coming but I didn't really have time to stew on the results as I made the dive right into season 2 which was outstanding in every way. Pike is an amazing captain. I was wondering if Spock would materialize on screen and he didn't disappoint. There is nothing I'd like to see more than an Enterprise series with these two (and the rest of the Enterprise crew including Number One who everyone seems to be pretty fond of).

Saru's arc was so very well done. Georgiou was unpredictable. Heck, I even had no problem with Tilly after she annoyed the heck out of me when first introduced. This series and what may spin off of it has legs. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Final note, did everyone find black alert to be as cool as I did?

lambfan68 likes this.
  20. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

YEP....:laugh::cool:

RED Alert..........yeah yeah another one .....big deal........yawn..:rolleyes:

BLACK Alert......HOLY S#IT.....WE'RE F*CKED!!!!!!....:yikes: :wtf: :faint: :help:

MikeJedi and SJP like this.
  21. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

Yet another latecomer. I really liked season 1. The story was told in 4-5 major arcs, each one ending with a major twist which kept the whole thing unpredictable. Sometimes it was too much to swallow ("so, the Captain is...?!?") and I'm guessing the BTS turmoil caused some of the constant shifts. But I liked how Burnham had to gain everyone's trust down two strikes in the count. The spores were a solid sci-fi concept of space travel. I kept wanting to watch one more.

But this season fell flat for me. Bringing back someone from the dead has to be earned (i.e. Search for Spock), otherwise the death was meaningless and potentially cheapens deaths with follow. While the Saru and Georgiou development was fairly good, getting to know other characters at the expense of the Michael Burnham also hurts my interest level. That part-android officer was pretty cool-looking, but if you're only going to give her a backstory on the episode she dies, I'm not going to be invested in that "we must save you" drama preceding her death. The Klingon-hybrid guy has to be the most boring love interest for a main character since Riley on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They may recreate the spore drive, but even on Next Gen they didn't have a fleet of cute robots sweeping the ship's exteriors for repair (they are cute, though). Burnham has to stop crying, it's become a drinking game.

And I don't think I'm just hating for hate's sake. If I didn't think the first season had so much promise I wouldn't have been disappointed enough to write this. Things just ain't clicking for me.

Oh yeah, completely agree on this one!

SJP likes this.
  22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I wish I could like these more than once. Happy early-pandemic memories!

Linger63 likes this.
  23. Dr. Pepper

How excited are folks that we are getting Star Trek: Strange New Worlds featuring Pike, Spock, and Number One?

24. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

Not really. Discovery was alright. Picard was alright. It's not Voyager so that's something. I'll watch it when it turns up but I'd rather they wrote some new characters and whatnot.

25. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

This much.....................

:pineapple::edthumbs: :goodie::winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin:

SJP, David Campbell and Dr. Pepper like this.