Download Deals (Amazon, iTunes, Pono, 7Digital, etc)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by jupiter8, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

Due to copyright restrictions you cannot buy this product in your country a/k/a United States.

2. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I clicked on a couple of the links, and this message appears:

Due to copyright restrictions you cannot buy this product in your country

This likely explains why a direct site search from the US doesn't work.

3. Look into using a VPN for digital purchases. Basically the site can't tell which country you come from so it treats you like a resident.;)

jupiter8 and clarknovember like this.
  4. Last edited: May 17, 2019
    lpfreak1170 likes this.
  5. PhantomStranger likes this.
  6. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I have a VPN that will spoof just about any country in the world. But wouldn't using a USA based card or USA based Pay Pal kind of let the system know?

7. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

I posted this in another thread but it has disappeared. If you are happy with digital downloads some of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra label recordings are incredibly cheap compared to their box set equivalents on the 7digital UK store (they are also cheap on Quobuz but not as cheap as 7digital). 320kbps MP3 + 320kbps M4A downloads are generally £7.99, 16 bit / 44.1 kHz FLAC are £9.49 and 24bit FLAC (48 or 96 kHz) are £11.99 with the exception of the Robert Schumann: Symphonien 1 - 4 recordings which are cheaper.

John Adams Edition

The John Adams Edition (2017) | Berliner Philharmoniker, Alan Gilbert, John Adams and Gustavo Dudamel | High Quality Music Downloads | 7digital United Kingdom

The Asia Tour

The Asia Tour (2018) | Berliner Philharmoniker and Sir Simon Rattle | High Quality Music Downloads | 7digital United Kingdom

Beethoven: Piano Concertos 1 - 5

Beethoven: Piano Concertos 1-5 (... | Berliner Philharmoniker, Sir Simon Rattle and Mitsuko Uchida | High Quality Music Downloads | 7digital United Kingdom

Beethoven: Symphonies Nos. 1 - 9

Beethoven: Symphonies Nos. 1 - 9... | Berliner Philharmoniker and Sir Simon Rattle | High Quality Music Downloads | 7digital United Kingdom

Bruckner: Symphonies Nos. 1–9

Bruckner: Symphonies Nos. 1–9 (2... | Berliner Philharmoniker, Bernard Haitink, Seiji Ozawa, Herbert Blomstedt, Zubin Mehta, Mariss Jansons, Christian Thielemann, Paavo Järvi and Sir Simon Rattle | High Quality Music Downloads | 7digital United Kingdom

Schubert: Symphonies 1-8, Late Masses & Alfonso und Estrella

Schubert: Symphonies 1-8, Late M... | Berliner Philharmoniker and Nikolaus Harnoncourt | High Quality Music Downloads | 7digital United Kingdom

Robert Schumann: Symphonien 1 - 4

Robert Schumann: Symphonien 1 - ... | Berliner Philharmoniker and Sir Simon Rattle | High Quality Music Downloads | 7digital United Kingdom

Sibelius: Symphonies 1 - 7

Sibelius: Symphonies 1 - 7 (2015... | Berliner Philharmoniker and Sir Simon Rattle | High Quality Music Downloads | 7digital United Kingdom

I am not sure whether they are available as cheap on other 7digital stores around the world but probably worth a look. Sadly, I cannot find the Wilhelm Furtwängler box at present.

Fractured and moomoomoomoo like this.
  8. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Tempted by this....but then I've only used Juno twice (for Massive Attack and Siouxsie boxsets) and there were corrupted and wrong files with both.

Also tempted by the 14-album Gordon Lightfoot for £7 on amazonUK!

EG.

9. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, @Pigalle! And they are even cheaper at the Canadian store: only $13.49 for the 24-bit FLACs!

10. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Since Onkyo went under (owned by 7 digital but usually lower priced & better selection) I've totally forgotten about 7D. Need to check them out for new releases. Onkyo was my go to for lossless indie stuff I liked (& hi-res King Crimson).

11. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

Same for me, rarely think of visiting 7digital these days. My starting point is normally Qobuz. Bizarrely, I can’t even figure out what made me look for these on Friday!

12. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

A heads-up: Track 2 of the above set (24/96 FLAC format) from ca.7digital.com has a mastering error: silence from the 3:13 mark to the end of the track (7:16). I don't know if all formats have the same error, but 7digital just gave me a refund said they were asking the label for a fixed version. This was Feb 28, 2020. Unfortunately, they've also not offered any way to tell when a fixed version will be posted, so probably best to avoid 7digital for that title.

No problems with the other Simon Rattle sets I picked up (Beethoven Piano Concertos, Asia Tour and Sibelius Symphonies), and it was only the one track on the Beethoven Symphony set — although I couldn't help feel that it didn't sound that "hi-res" in places (compression, lack of space). I'm not that good at analyzing sound, but these just didn't hit me as sounding as good as other hi-res recordings I have. Anyone else have these?

Also, please let me know if you've got a copy of this set (from another source) that doesn't have the defect. Since I got a refund, I can download again from somewhere else — although probably not for this price!

P.S. If there's another thread where the above warning would reach more interested readers, let me know, or just copy it there. This is just where I heard about these.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  13. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

Here's a couple of itunes video deals I found (thru the CheapCharts app or website - these may be US deals only):

The Wrecking Crew! - $6.99
    Muscle Shoals - $6.99

iggyd likes this.
  14. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

For those that have an Audible membership todays daily deal ($3.95, 4/19) is Pete Townshends novel "The Age of Anxiety"

The Age of Anxiety

15. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

16. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Jane Siberry free downloads (mp3 and FLAC), seems to be all her catalogue (free for a couple of days)

Siberry Music

sennj and Eric_Generic like this.
  17. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Oh wow...she's an artist I used to read a bit about back in the 80s but never managed to really investigate. Her CDs don't crop up here in the UK charity/used/collectors stores...

Thanks for this :righton:

EG.

adm62 likes this.
  18. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

My favorite song by her is "Bound By The Beauty". Check it out :)

Eric_Generic likes this.
  19. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

Roger Waters "The Wall" concert/movie is $4.99 on itunes and Amazon today (US buyers).

20. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

Amazon prime video was $2.96 + tax.

21. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  22. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

superstar19 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.