USPS Tracking - what are your current experiences?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by George P, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Forum Resident

This package was delivered today. Didn't see the mailman, it might have been Kevin Costner.

GentleSenator likes this.
  2. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

My Skydog box shipped March 12, got a refund in May and yesterday got an email saying they got it back. Bought it again and shipped let’s hope it doesn’t go back to Des Moines again! Tracking was stuck on in transit for two months.

Myke likes this.
  3. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

What is wrong with this picture? I hope it is just different time zones.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Planbee likes this.
  4. shadowhillway

shadowhillway Forum Resident

nothing has to be wrong. 15:07 and 15:08 are just one computer talking to another record-keeping events, whereas 14:19 is obviously a physical event.

5. Muzyck

My interest was in the timing sequence. USPS was in possession of the item at 2:19. At 3:08 they were awaiting the item. The item that they report as being in possession of at 2:19.

6. shadowhillway

shadowhillway Forum Resident

the bookkeeping of the shipment doesn't necessarily reflect the physical movement of the shipment.

how long did USPS "await the item" in this case? it didn't, because physical possession already occurred, apparently.

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Seller of my 2014 mono Magical Mystery Tour vinyl charged me an extra $7.50 on top of the $4.50 they wanted for Media Mail, because I prefer Priority for speed, and hopefully, less chance for damage.
    Was due here today, but now tracking shows Arriving Late.
    :cussing:

noahjld likes this.
  8. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I just had a package that I shipped show up after being lost for over a month. Shocked to be honest

GentleSenator and Myke like this.
  9. Myke

So I go to bed, sleep about 5 hours, get up, and BOTH of my expected albums are Out For Delivery. :yikes:
    2 days for the Priority, 6 days for the Media Mail.
    So as Emily Litella used to say, " Never mind."

10. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

Dave likes this.
  11. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

I ordered from the Numero CD sale a few weeks back. They're in the same town as me and I probably could have gone to their warehouse and gotten it faster.

Instead, they sent it from Michigan, which then went to the suburban Pittsburgh sort center (Warrendale) where it stayed for almost 2 weeks.

12. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I buy a lot of vinyl online, and these days USPS is very reliable. It's UPS that has declined sharply in reliability. UPS packages are damaged or delayed far more often than USPS.

13. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

I buy a lot of vinyl online. The USPS has not been very reliable. I have had three packages go AWOL for extended periods of time in between tracking updates.
    1 was media mail, took over 1 month to receive
    1 was first class mail missed it's delivery date by over 1 week, no tracking updates until it arrived.
    1 is a priority package now 4 days over due, no tracking update since it was received by the PO in LA, today wait time on phone is over 1 hour.

I've had three double boxed packages arrive completely crushed last month. tracking again was not updated and they arrived a few days late.

melstapler likes this.
  14. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

USPS is great!
    24 hours before the end of the 15 day waiting period to file for a missing package....the tracking information has been deleted.

No explanation from USPS depite having an open complaint.

15. Myke

Here's a couple of new ones my stalkers can refer to, and whine about later...( oh yeah, they actually do )

Album shipped Media Mail...Accepted 2 days ago, at 2:32 pm...hasn't been scanned since.

Album shipped Media Mail...In Transit from 12 miles away...hasn't been scanned since 4:05 pm yesterday. Very curious to see the path this one takes.

GentleSenator likes this.
  16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

on the positive side: i've shipped a half dozen or so records to the east coast via media mail recently and they've all arrived well ahead of their scheduled delivery date.

:shrug:

chazz101s and SJP like this.
  17. mahanusafa02

mahanusafa02 Forum Resident

Seems to be working well, better than in the past; however, about half the sellers I’ve bought from can’t be bothered to type in the correct tracking number to eBay or PayPal. Just test it after you type it in to see if it’s right before hitting “send” or whatever! Very frustrating/disconcerting when you have an APO address only...

18. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Just had 2 separate packages shipped from the East Coast with absolutely no tracking updates the whole way. Very annoying.

Myke and George P like this.
  19. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

Have had an eBay purchase that was shipped on December 19 stuck in the infamous "in transit to next facility" status with no further updates since December 23. USPS originally estimated delivery on December 26, and eBay says it should've been delivered by January 2. I'm pretty sure it's lost at this point, but there are more than a few stories out there of items stuck in "in transit" status for even longer that finally showed up, so who knows.

If it were an expensive or rare item I'd already have contacted the seller/eBay, but it was a not-terribly-rare book that I only paid a few bucks for (although its disappearance is irritating, as if I wind up having to source the book elsewhere, all the other copies out there seem to be 3-4X what I paid for the missing one). I figure I'll give it a few more days before giving up and initiating the refund process.

20. George P

George P Notable Member Thread Starter

Anyone get a message from USPS that they attempted delivery (but they clearly didn't come at all), claim that they could not deliver and now have your package at their facility available for pickup?

This happened to me tonight with two packages. I have a doorman, so no way the USPS came and the packages were not accepted.

21. PeteH

PeteH Shoes for Industry!

My current experience with Media Mail is that it sucks. What used to take days is now taking weeks.

George P likes this.
  22. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

Amen, brother!

I’m not privy to what’s going in the USPS such as staffing, how many people may have been exposed to Covid and what measures the USPS has take, but they are delivering less mail and if that’s down, shouldn’t speed be increased? You’d think so but that’s not the case.

George P likes this.
  23. Muzyck

The tracking of a recent package sent to me from Massachusetts. I am in New York.

Mass > NC > New Jersey > Colorado > Who knows where next

[​IMG]

24. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

[​IMG]

25. George P

George P Notable Member Thread Starter

Smh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.