Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Her face is very elastic.

2. Invader Zim

Invader Zim A Progressive Blues Experiment

I have enjoyed this show from the beginning. I long ago accepted that it a fantasy series with a veneer of realism. However, this season is absurd. The last episode finally threw me off the train when Carrie was formally charged with treason and then allowed to go back to Saul's house without supervision, drive across state lines, communicate with foreign spies, etc. all without even a hint of surveillance. There is suspension of disbelief, and then there is a complete lack of logic and storytelling common sense. I'll tune in to see how it resolves, but I'm anticipating a worse finale than Lost's.

agentalbert, MikeT and GentleSenator like this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

surely i'm not the only one who felt it really bizarre to cast ben savage as young saul and dub over with mandy's voice? my god, this show...

Invader Zim likes this.
  4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Agree 100%, they charged her with what 10+ counts of the worse possible charges for crimes against the country and she gets to walk? the writers for this show must **** themselves laughing so hard at this nonsense.

5. Invader Zim

Invader Zim A Progressive Blues Experiment

My wife genuinely LOLed when young Saul "spoke."

GentleSenator likes this.
  6. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

though i too feel like her getting out of custody with those charges seems far fetched, the lawyer did tell Carrie that "Saul arranged the court order and paid your bond". it's possible i guess.

7. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

I'm glad that the good ole US of A is so damn democratic that a person charged with the worst crimes possible (including treason and murder of the president) is allowed to walk free on bail not to mention live in the national security adviser's house doing all the spy work possible in the open. In a real world we all know that both she AND Saul will be in solitary cells if not waterboarded yet. It's sad that the creators of the show had to push all boundaries of realism beyond all levels of absurdity to make an interesting finale. Maybe if they could sell the last season's final episodes to the US audience, completely ignorant of russian reality I'm sure the same audience can't believe a second of the last episode since it deals with american reality.

Of course we all gonna watch the final episode but as far as I'm concerned they might as well bring Brody back alive so that he and Carrie can live happily ever after.

GentleSenator and mrjinks like this.
  8. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

I thought the finale might have been 90-120 minutes. I hope things are wrapped up properly in 65 minutes.

9. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

I'm not ruling it out.

10. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

I'd prefer Quinn.

Gardo, GentleSenator and audiomixer like this.
  11. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

And the afghan boy.

12. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Another historic absurdity in the last episode - the whole soviet platoon executed for treason of one. WTF?? This was unlikely to happen even during Stalin's era not to mention Gorbachev's era where it was absolutely impossible.

13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i really am interested in how in the world they are going to wrap all this up and then tie it up in a nice little bow.

14. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Well it was not the best episode, but I thought the last few minutes were a Great way to end the series.

Gardo and Mylene like this.
  15. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

The musical segment at the end was torture. Appropriately, I guess.

Rufus McDufus, Monty12 and rmath84 like this.
  16. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Of course not. Uncle Joe would never stoop so low.

17. jeighson1

jeighson1 Forum Resident

They should have had the band playing the show's opening theme song, right there on stage. Imagine the acting level it would take for Claire Danes to have Carrie convincingly rocking out to that.

GentleSenator and MrGrumpy like this.
  18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

it was a very good kamasi washington commercial for sure. WTF, for a series that never used music at all, this episode had a ton of it.

the ending was OK, plausible, i guess, but no mention of saul's sister finding out he wasn't dead, which i found odd.

they did leave a small opening for a showtime movie a few years down the road.

GentleSenator likes this.
  19. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

So, how did Carrie, who was under indictment, get to Israel? I'm sure they would have taken her passport and she no longer had any government status.

Deuce66 and Klavier like this.
  20. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

The finale left me incredibly satisfied and a good feeling. I might be re-ranking my top espionage tv series list.

sberger and Mylene like this.
  21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

well, ok. it's over.

lschwart likes this.
  22. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

That escape bag hidden in Franny's closet included money as well as a bundle of passports.

I thought it was a reasonably satisfying finale, but yeah the Kamasi Washington promo was a bit odd.

Daryl M, Gardo and marcb like this.
  23. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

On Season 2, highly entertaining and well-written, contrasted to Jack Ryan, written like a comic book.

24. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

I was happy with the ending. I can't say that about many series finales.

rmath84 likes this.
  25. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Was good. I liked it. At least they probably had the ending in mind when they wrote episode 1, unlike shows like The X Files or 24 when they made it up as they went along. Since the Russian double agent walked into a room and saw the 'black' box she could have ended the whole thing 20 minutes earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.