Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Dublin 10:08 AM (EDT) (with paypal, which might delay payment/order?) Dust 10:43 AM (EDT)

Andrew_db likes this.
  2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

i had order the David Sylvian - Dead Bees on a Cake within an hour of you posting the deal , i've never had something cancelled so fast , within an hour , at that point they still had the same sale price but backordered , so i ordered again to see if i could wait , then they cancelled that & marked it to $42 , then they pulled it a day later .
    strange they don't just have an inventory/cart system that shuts it down when stock runs out ......

Juggsnelson likes this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I’m sure they do, but it also probably doesn’t deal with markdown items properly from the sound of it. They only started the Blowout Bin what, a year ago or so? Their system was probably not constructed to deal with it the same way as it does “normal” stock. That’s my guess anyway.

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  4. Alan G

Alan G More A Lurker Than A Poster

Just got shipping confirmation for Devils and Dublin. So miracles do happen sometimes!
    Alan

hutlock and ATMP like this.
  5. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

In this time of heartache and tough times, this is truly a MIRACLE!
    :--)

6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Shipping confirmation for Devils & 18 Tracks, among some other gems from the bin. Good times!

Alan G, hutlock and ATMP like this.
  7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

They cancelled Devils & Dust on me the other day. I just figured none were shipping. That was the one I wanted anyway.

TheMovieRad likes this.
  8. Andrew_db

Andrew_db Forum Resident

Weird. I just got a shipping notification about 2 hours ago and it looks like Dublin is heading my way!! Not sure why they'd cancel it for some and not others. Maybe try emailing them directly?

9. TheMovieRad

TheMovieRad If you want to count me, count me out

These dorks cancelled my THE RISING order and proceeded to send the rest of my order to their warehouse to ship without giving me the option of cancelling the whole thing. I wrote to them I wasn’t too happy and they got a little smart ass with me. I’ll be disputing the charges with AMEX

GentleSenator likes this.
  10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You wanted the rest of your order ended in there to order it, I don’t understand the problem.

jlf, Juggsnelson, DLD and 2 others like this.
  11. DLD

DLD Senior Member

All of mine have shipped. Medulla, 18 Tracks, Oldfield comp, and Live In Dublin. Fingers crossed that they shipped LPs.

hutlock likes this.
  12. hutlock

ha! I’ve never had that happen with them but I guess crazier things have happened!

13. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

All the Bruce albums have now shipped for me.

Tjazz and TheMovieRad like this.
  14. TheMovieRad

English please. I think you’re trying to convey that I may have wanted the other items... Felt bait n switched so I decided I didn’t need the two other albums that would be accompanying my copy of The Rising. You order a pizza along with a salad and a few beers. They tell you “we’re out of pizza”, chances are you’re not giving them your business. My money my standards.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  15. hutlock

How is this a bait and switch exactly? Because no one made you buy the other two records. YOU ordered them. Voluntarily. Why would they assume you needed to be asked if you wanted records that you put into your cart and purchased with your money under your rules? Do other retailers do that for you?

SJP and Juggsnelson like this.
  16. Juggsnelson

It's not a bait and switch....their customer service and websites just suck. I would really only have a problem with this if they now charged you for shipping if your new total was less than $25. They don't do that so I don't personally mind it. I do get that you may have tacked on a few items that you didn't want as bad as the item that ended up getting cancelled. Disappointing but not shady. Just inefficient. For me, their stellar prices make up for snags like this one. But you have a right to feel as you do.

hutlock and TheMovieRad like this.
  17. TheMovieRad

Saying something is in stock and I order it then telling me two days later it’s out of stock and will be back in stock at $28 in a few days is bait n switch.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  18. Juggsnelson

This has never happened to me but that would tick me off.

TheMovieRad likes this.
  19. TheMovieRad

I’m glad everyone got their Bruce records. $9 is highway robbery and I moved swiftly... Do me a favor - if you did get your Bruce records leave me alone to fester in my anger. These will be back up on their site in a week at normal prices of $28...

GentleSenator likes this.
  20. hutlock

21. hutlock

latheofheaven, elsanto and SJP like this.
  22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I saw that Beatles set, probably the last Beatles anything I'd get but I'm sure there are fans greater than I who would jump on that gem.

latheofheaven likes this.
  23. hutlock

There’s also a Japanese blu-spec pressing of Paul McCartney’s New in there. Beatles freaks can double up and get pretty close to free shipping!

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  24. Juggsnelson

Even during normal circumstances their inventory is not always spot on. With everything going on right now, I can certainly forgive them these minute errors. Their deals are the best out there. Their shipping has improved too. I've never had a problem getting credited for an item either. They have come a long way with customer service in the past year.

25. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Unsure if the prices adjusted on both of those items (price changes are rare in the blowout bin) but both can be had for $27 & change which of course qualifies for free shipping.

I love Japanese imports, particularly mini-LP sleeves (as is "New") but my marginal Beatles CD collection isn't screaming for these. That thirst was quenched by finding Bruce Springsteen's "Wrecking Ball" earlier this week in the blowout bin in a Japan mini-LP format. Sure, it is a dollar bin CD that was about $10 but I have some really cool Japan imports in my Springsteen CD collection (particularly Live 75-85). Thought I might as well get a premium version of a common to add to the mix.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.