Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, the BBC is a double so that one is $16 and NEW was around $11 IIRC so there you go! Someone snap them up!

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  2. mur

mur Hyperactive!

Watching the DVD disc DP From Here to Infinity

[​IMG]

3. DLD

DLD Senior Member

With their recent hiccups anything is possible but, other than the recent cancelled orders, this place has been gold

Juggsnelson likes this.
  4. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

That box set is really nice and it was a steal!!

mur, black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

English please? If I was an ESL or had other grammar challenges that would be offensive. Instead, it was simply the auto-correct on my iPhone (again). I was saying...

You wanted the rest of your order enough to order it, I don’t understand the problem.

I don't understand the drive to jack up the order to more than $25 to save a mere $1.99 on shipping, especially to get another item or two that you apparently didn't really want. But you said it, your money, your standards. Bottom line, there is no bait and switch going on. When The Rising went out of stock, the price reverts to where it was before (in this case, nearly $28) and shows as "backorder". Their site, their rules.

The bargain bin is terrific but never a guarantee. That's why we are often stoked when shipping confirmation comes through.

BTW, if you qualify for free shipping and an item ends up being unavailable causing your order to drop below $25, they do not charge you shipping (or at least in my experience).

Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  6. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

[QUOTE="TheMovieRad, post: 23791875, member: 7766] You order a pizza along with a salad and a few beers. They tell you “we’re out of pizza”, chances are you’re not giving them your business. My money my standards.[/QUOTE]

What kind of pizza did you order?

hutlock likes this.
  7. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I'd save going to AMEX for something more important, just refuse the package and let them know you intend to do so.

hutlock, TheMovieRad and Juggsnelson like this.
  8. TheMovieRad

TheMovieRad If you want to count me, count me out

What kind of pizza did you order?[/QUOTE]
    I ordered a Bruce Springsteen with Rising crust. Got a side of Dag Nasty and Only Crime.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  9. hutlock

So these arrived today... I didn’t know the CD hype sticker was signed by Lawrence!!!! Jeebus!!!! Now I don’t even want to open it!! Are they all like this?!

10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Oh yeah, I have four of the set and they are all signed. Forgot to mention that :)!!!

hutlock likes this.
  11. hutlock

Are they signed inside too or just on the sticker?! Oh MAN. Well now I DO need them all. DAMN IT.

SJP likes this.
  12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Just the sticker. I remember one of mine is smudged so it is the real deal.

13. hutlock

Yeah mine is smudged just a tiny bit. That’s real Sharpie for sure.

SJP likes this.
  14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

But hey, any joker could have written "Lawrence"...you don't HAVE to get them all.

Seriously, I found two during last summer's blowout bin rampage IIRC. Thought it'd be cool to have a couple Felt albums in this format, particularly because I had never owned those albums before. Then a couple months back I found two more at Amoeba LA. Twice as much IIRC but still in the low $20's.

I'm not going after the rest. I'm not I'm not I'M NOT!!!

hutlock likes this.
  15. hutlock

I mean, I honestly can’t even count how many copies of these albums I own at this point. But yeah, now that I’ve seen these packages... I’m in for the lot.

Super pissed that I missed Train Above The City when it was in the Bargain Bin! Grrrrrr. I’m going to have a very hard time paying full price for that one.

SJP likes this.
  16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yeah, I have that one, along with Pictorial, Poem & Seventeenth. The incoming vinyl from the blowout bin will be the first and likely only Felt vinyl I pick up.

17. hutlock

I was pretty let down by the packaging on the LPs. Very thin/flimsy cardboard. Nice graphics though — the gatefold photo on Forever Breathes is spectacular. But yeah, considering the price tag on them, they could have at least used standard weight sleeves.

SJP likes this.
  18. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Well, I thought I placed a large order including all of the Springsteen titles last week...this morning, I decided to check my email to see if I got a shipping confirmation. No email. Went to the website. No recent order in my history. I have the sickening feeling that I didn’t click through all the way to finish the order somehow. Boo.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  19. hutlock

Aw man, I have totally done that. Good thing you figured it out today and not next week. Hopefully you can remember everything you tried to buy!

20. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Thanks - I placed another order today and ended up getting most of it, with the exception of the Springsteen reissues, The Cardigans, Solomon Burke and Bjork. I still ended up with a good haul for under $100:

• The 4th Movement - s/t (1980 album from the punk band formerly known as Death)
    • Elvis Presley - 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong
    • Roger Daltrey - As Long As I Have You
    • Krief - Automatic (taking a chance...double album for $6.35 from the guitarist from one of my favorite bands, The Dears)
    • Willy/Mink Deville - Collected
    • Lazarus - Original Cast Recording (includes the Bowie "No Plan" EP tracks)
    • Marianne Faithfull - Negative Capability
    • KISS - Rock and Roll Over
    • Ride - This Is Not A Safe Place
    • Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars (Songs From The Film)

21. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Good eye on the 4th Movement. :cool::thumbsup:

ad180, Juggsnelson, popscene and 2 others like this.
  22. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Third try ordering Springsteen Live Dublin LPs. $14.60 :whistle:

hutlock, SJP and Juggsnelson like this.
  23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Wow, that one keeps rising from the dead. I presume it showed as "in stock" when you dropped the order because it is backorder now.

Felt arrived yesterday. Really nice album, one I've never heard before. Great sound but agree, the flimsy sleeves are a bit of a head-scratcher.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  24. hutlock

It’s a great album for sure, and given that it came out on el originally rather than Creation, it hasn’t been nearly as popular or well distributed. I bought the original el CD when it came out but I don’t think I’ve ever even seen an LP copy since maybe 1991?

Juggsnelson and SJP like this.
  25. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Oh shoot, I forgot to use a credit card directly. I've used paypal everytime, and I'm thinking the delay in payment with paypal might put me further down the queue. (just a guess, we'll see what happens this time)