Acoustic Sounds Blue Note 50% off Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ron Jones, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Fed Ex has been challenging at times for me. I at this time prefer the USPS in my state, t least until the USA gvt destroys it. If postage goes up 400% as the president has demanded, downloads will become my only form of new music.

2. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Well I am done buying for awhile. But these titles are very enjoyable. I love the Hawkins and Ellington and Webster etc !!

SOONERFAN and hutlock like this.
  3. Rollie

Rollie Forum Resident

I'm still waiting on an Sacd order I placed April 4th from Acoustic Sounds. :waiting:

4. moomoomoomoo

And I'm sill waiting on my stimulus check (was supposed to have been direct deposit) so I can buy more!

MikeJedi and hutlock like this.
  5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Have you contacted them already? Their customer service is top notch.

scotti, MikeJedi and moomoomoomoo like this.
  6. Rollie

Rollie Forum Resident

I did. They said I'll have to wait another week. If the order doesn't show up to contact them again.

hutlock likes this.
  7. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

My first order arrived in under a week.
    We’ll see how long the second order, placed today, takes

8. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

That sounds like a lost package. Well that sucks. Sorry man. Hope it turns up.

Rollie likes this.
  9. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

I have an April 7th order which I am waiting on. If the tracking is accurate, my April 16th order might arrive first. Guess I should have used priority mail!

Rollie likes this.
  10. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Received an order this week to Canada.

It was stuck in customs for a week, and unfortunately this time I had to pay duty/taxes.

My previous shipment came in duty free.

Still I am very happy with the music and the good deal! Got a mix of Blue Note / Prestige / Impulse.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    hutlock likes this.
  11. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

How much did you get whacked by customs, and which courier ?
    I usually ship to a US address but was considering direct to Canada this time because the border is closed.

12. brimuchmuze

I used USPS.

My order came worked out to about CAN$275 (excluding shipping), and the duty/taxes/fees were CAN$50.

It's a crap-shoot as I had a larger order earlier that escaped duty.

13. moomoomoomoo

OUCH!

14. brimuchmuze

Ya, but since I didn't pay any customs on my earlier order it balances out.

It's still a bargain all things considered.

Many people are clamouring to pay US$75 or more for MMJ titles, while these SACDs are a fantastic deal.

15. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

I don't think I've ever had an Acoustic Sounds order to Canada come through without taxes. But the orders are usually in excess of $300 (to balance out the hefty base shopping cost), so I expect it.

One thing you can do, though, is open an account with FedEx and put a credit card on file. Then they'll drop the $10 disbursement fee when there are customs charges.

Reese likes this.
  16. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I asked for a quote for USPS, thinking it had the best chance of getting over the border without charges. It’s expensive though.
    FedEx is half the price but I figure I’m almost guaranteed to get hit using them.
    I’m in no rush so will ship free to the US like usual and pick up in Washington State when the border reopens

17. moomoomoomoo

Blair, I hope you're not waiting as long as I suspect you will be. My employer just cancelled a July conference in Ottawa, & I don't blame them. At best, these pandemics have historically taken 3 years to go away. And I'm afraid this one may not be an "at best" situation. Hope to heck I'm wrong!

18. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I’m expecting it to be a while, months, before I can head down.

19. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I headed to the well one more time while this sale is still going. I wasn't sure if the end of April could be a cut off date for the sale so I figured I'd get another order in. This morning it appears everything is still on sale though.
    This time I picked up Duke Ellington / Johnny Hodges Side By Side 45rpm it is one of the 45rpm vinyl offerings priced at $25 instead of $35 it has great reviews and I liked what I heard sample wise. I also got SACDs of McCoy Tyner / Inception, Oliver Nelson / Screamin The Blues, Coleman Hawkins / Encounters Ben Webster, and Sonny Stitt / Blows the Blues. Some of those were available as 45rpm but I decided to go the SACD route to save some money and besides I do have a lot more flexibility with SACD as far as where I can listen since I only have a turntable set up in one room in the house and it is actually not the most convenient place, unfortunately.
    The other title I grabbed is Ted Nugent self-titled 45rpm. I cringe at the guy nowadays but this seems to be a pretty great rock album. The reviews for sound are good.

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  20. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Yup, I’m contemplating another order too, it would be my third.
    Kind of crazy, between my wife and I our combined salaries are down about 30% right now.
    And I have the orders shipped to a US address so can’t even pick up them up until the border re-opens LOL.
    But those prices keep screaming at me

floyd likes this.
  21. moomoomoomoo

Agree with you re: Nugent. I have the SACD, which is out of print. Ome of the best sound Rock discs I have ever heard.

floyd likes this.
  22. waaguirr

waaguirr Forum Resident

No code right now for Acoustic Sounds, or am I just missing it? Had some purchases planned, but maybe I’ll hold off...

23. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

I ordered another batch of SACDs. They need to end this sale already!

24. moomoomoomoo

I still have 4 or 5 to play! been going nuts at bandcamp on 24 bit Porcupine Tree & Big Big Train the last couple days.

This Heat likes this.
  25. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Yeah I bought a bunch of things on the PI Recordings label on bandcamp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.