Bandcamp sale / fundraiser

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by starfieldroad, Mar 19, 2020.

1. starfieldroad

starfieldroad chew up your love then swallow Thread Starter

Supporting Artists During the Covid-19 Pandemic

To raise even more awareness around the pandemic’s impact on musicians everywhere, we’re waiving our revenue share on sales this Friday, March 20 (from midnight to midnight Pacific Time), and rallying the Bandcamp community to put much needed money directly into artists’ pockets.

Supporting Artists During the Covid-19 Pandemic

2. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

I’ve got an album that’s been sitting in my Wishlist. Saw what Bandcamp is doing and I'm going to make that purchase tomorrow.

joelee and starfieldroad like this.
  3. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

That’s handy I’ve got a largish wish list to fill tomorrow.

starfieldroad likes this.
  4. mike s in nyc

mike s in nyc Forum Resident

great thread...
    i'm making a few purchases on bandcamp tomorrow as well...

5. JakeKlas

For those who are fans, just saw that some Porcupine Tree material was newly added to BC today.

LivingForever and SJP like this.
  6. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

7. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

now i just have to figure out how to navigate this website, i feel so old suddenly.

noname74 likes this.
  8. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

It’s been fun and games on Bandcamp today with so many people buying all formats.
    I’ve lost count of how many times it’s crashed under the weight of people trying to use it.
    So it shows there’s massive support out there for artists and bands.
    Maybe they should run the offer for another 24 hours because I’m sure many would have given up.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  9. starfieldroad

I second that on the lag time & down time. wow, great response.

10. JakeKlas

Yeah, that was a tiny bit painful, but I stuck with it. I’m hoping the sluggishness is because so many people are supporting artists today.

If anyone is so inclined, share what you bought.

I had this one in my wishlist. I stumbled across them last year when I was getting into ambient music. The barrenness of Greenland does seem to lend itself to this type of music.

https://whitelabrecs.bandcamp.com/album/svalbar

[​IMG]

11. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Maybe they will use the positive response to extend the promotion through the weekend.

Omron and starfieldroad like this.
  12. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

casually browsing that sites hard, so i just went with some bands i knew used bandcamp

13. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

I think I have spent close to £200 today on digital music from some of my favourite artists on Bandcamp...

neilpatto, ispace and starfieldroad like this.
  14. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

By the way, should this thread not be in Music Corner where more people will see it?

15. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Its a thread that should be in both rooms imo.
    But it’s a bit late in the day now as the offer is almost timed out.

16. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Checking it out now... Beautiful cover art.

17. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

Sahel Sounds is offering all their digital releases PAY WHAT YOU LIKE, so if you LIKE African music of the tuareg, hip hop, folk, weird organ, cellphone or autotune variety, you many wanna check them out quick!

johnnypaddock and starfieldroad like this.
  18. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

The app works much smoother

19. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Dang didn’t think of that yesterday. It would have to be better the website filtering was sub optimal

Ironclaw likes this.
  20. JakeKlas

Just read an article in Variety that $4.3 million was spent on music and merch on Friday. The article says:

“That amounted to nearly 800,000 items sold over the course of one day, versus only about 47,000 on a normal Friday. “That’s more than 15 times our normal Friday, and at the peak, fans were buying 11 items per second,” Bandcamp said in a statement on its website.”

So now we know why the site was so bloody slow that day. :winkgrin:

21. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Polyvinyl Records releases are 1 dollar for digital only. Some good releases in their catalog by artists such as Alvvays, Braid, Of Montreal, American Football, Rainer Maria, etc.

black sheriff and starfieldroad like this.
  22. starfieldroad

Constellation Records announcement:

100% of revenue from digital download purchases on our website and on Bandcamp will be passed through to artists during the pandemic shutdown. This policy will be in effect until at least the end of April 2020 and we'll aim to extend it for as long as possible as conditions warrant. Read more about our pandemic response, including information about LP & CD orders (which we are still accepting), on our website:

Digital Download Revenue Will Be Paid In Full To Artists Until Further Notice - Constellation

For many if not most people, it’s not going to be a time to spend money on anything but essentials. But if you do have the means, and music feels essential to you, and you find your arts/entertainment budget is somewhat freed up by not leaving the house: seek out and support lesser-known artists through these avenues: their Bandcamp pages, their indie label sites, your local record shop where possible.

johnnypaddock, audiolab1 and SJP like this.
  23. starfieldroad

A few Fridays ago, we waived our revenue share to help musicians impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. The Bandcamp community (very possibly including you!) went above and beyond, paying $4.3 million to artists and labels in just 24 hours. It was an inspiring day, and we heard many requests to do it again, so we’re going to do exactly that.

This Friday, May 1, we’re once again waiving our revenue share for all sales on Bandcamp, from midnight to midnight PDT.

If you’re fortunate enough to be in a position to spare some funds, please join us in providing some much-needed support to the many amazing artists on Bandcamp.

Support Artists Impacted By the Covid-19 Pandemic

24. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Bandcamp posted that about 5 hours after I mage a $55 purchase......................

25. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

guess ill try and use the app this time, that websites terrible to find anything.