The official "random Star Wars stuff" thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Rocker, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

He didn’t ruin him. He gave him an interesting character arc.

2. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Not to defend The Last Jedi, but to be fair, much of what ruined the character was Hamill’s performance. He’s a long way from what he did in Empire, which seems more and more the result of Irvin Kershner’s direction. He brought out the best in the three principles. Hamill just isn’t a very good actor, sad to say.

3. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

i'm surprised no one has mentioned 'auralnauts' here ....

they have dubbed eps I to VI (into approx hour long episodes) ..... i find them really hilarious ...... it's the only way i can actually watch the 'prequels' now lol .....

and as a professional sound editor i know just how hard what they did is lol .... they actually filled a real theater for the eps VI premiere ....

i can't wait for them to do 'the last jedi'

here's a taste of their sense of humour lol

star wars smoking PSA

star wars youth biology PSA
    Star Wars - Youth Biology PSA

eps I-VI playlist
    STAR WARS EP 1: Jedi Party

Auralnauts

ymmv lmao

Derek Slazenger and turnersmemo like this.
  4. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Is this a knock on voice actors or...?

FVDnz likes this.
  5. Slack Babbath

Slack Babbath Hit The North...

6. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

This is a knock on Mark Hamill, screen actor. Mel Blanc was a great voice actor, but that doesn’t mean it would have translated to on-screen acting of any merit.

And to be clear, I like Hamill’s offscreen persona. He seems like a great guy.

7. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

Time for some more questionable Star Wars merchandising images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FACE OF BOE, wolfram and Solaris like this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

LOL...I like 'em!

9. Michael

Mel pretty good in a Jack Benny Christmas TV Show special. ; )

Solaris likes this.
  10. Michael

more cool toys...
    Sphero Droids!
    [​IMG]

Solaris likes this.
  11. BeatleJWOL

I was surprised how little that BB-8 actually was. Not even 5 inches tall, apparently.

12. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member Thread Starter

Here's a WTF moment I recently read somewhere... there are actually people who think the trench that the Rebels fly through at the end of A New Hope is the same trench that goes around the equator of the Death Star. :rolleyes: Apparently scale is a completely foreign concept to these imbeciles.

13. Rocker

14. Rocker

15. Rocker

16. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

On Disney+, in addition to Greedo now yelling "McClunkey" before the shot (or "McClunky" or "Ma Kounkee," depending on who you ask) , the Han/Greedo scene has been changed so Han and Greedo's guns both fire in the same frame.

On "Who shot first?", I hope everyone remembers that it's a loaded question. In the original Star Wars, Greedo never even fired a shot. Only Han fired a shot!

[​IMG]

17. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Not seen a lot of good Rise of Skywalker memes, but this one gave me a big laugh. :laugh:

(Spoiler warning)

[​IMG]

polchik and mmars982 like this.
  18. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Happy Star Wars Day -- May the 4th be with you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

polchik and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  19. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I watched the Empire of Dreams doc in celebration last night. Great doc on the making of the first trilogy. Carrie Fisher is hilarious and it was pretty funny seeing the ILM guys appearing to be a bunch of hippies with no sense of urgency. I knew George had a difficult time getting things off the ground but I had no idea how close they came to blowing the whole deal. Now when I gripe about the Star Wars movies, I will have to remind myself how close we came to not getting anything at all. Happy Force!

BeatleJWOL and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  20. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

And so, The Clone Wars has drawn to a close. The Siege of Mandalore arc has been amazing!!!! Surprised the final episode aired in Australia a day early. Now I would love to see the entire arc condensed into a singular movie format - and in the theatre too. Lightsaber duel between Ahsoka and Maul was among the best in Star Wars overall and it was really cool to see that Ray Park was using motion capture to perform his saber skills, not to mention the motion capture performer for Ahsoka too. Excellent duel!

Order 66 was gutwrenching too, let alone heartbreaking to watch overall. :)

I and many fans want MORE!!! Crystal Crisis on Utapau in all its unfinished glory can still be fully rendered, and the Son of Dathomir comic and Dark Disciple novel can be animated into movie format too, I reckon. Apparently, the latter was going to be an 8 episode arc too. Plus, there was also going to be a duel between Cad Bane and Boba Fett too. Maybe they can be compiled into a Lost Missions, Vol. 2?! :D

21. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Never bothered with Lost Missions Vol 1. Did they evertually form the basis for Season 7, or were they scrapped/non-canon?

22. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Happy May the 4th!.....
    [​IMG]

FredHubbard likes this.
  23. BeatleJWOL

I wish I could say "Spoilers!" but title cards displayed on Disney+ as well as a general understanding of Clone Wars' place in the timeline renders that complaint mostly null and void.

FVDnz likes this.
  24. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

The episodes were all still canon. If you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out the Yoda arc.

25. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Why Every Star Wars Film Has The Wrong Title

polchik likes this.