Do any cable shows feature uncensored F bombs yet?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lc1995, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

The term F bomb annoys the **** out of me. Who the **** invented it? The word is **** for ****s sake and everyone uses it. It’s just a ****ing word. People are such stupid ****s!

Platterpus likes this.
  2. HaileyMcComet

HaileyMcComet Forum Resident

But when you consider that a***** and h***** are also censored, we get A bombs and H bombs.

3. Chilli

Chilli Pretend Engineer.

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Some people use the adage; '-word', instead of '-bomb'...
    I remember a prank wherein someone had a guy in the airport make the statement;
    "White courtesy telephone for Harry C Word!"

HaileyMcComet likes this.
  5. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

Personally, I find comedy skits on tv funnier with bleeps. It just makes things seem more silly and ridiculous.

For example- the old Dave Chappelle shows are somehow much funnier with all the bleeps intact. Like when John Mayer starts playing guitar in the black neighborhood barber shop.

:laugh:

nosticker and HaileyMcComet like this.
  6. Chilli

Chilli Pretend Engineer.

7. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident Thread Starter

As I've been watching more and more shows, I see that this is (thankfully) the norm on FX/FXX. Snowfall, What We Do In The Shadows, Dave, Breeders, etc. all have HBO level of cursing. USA Network, Paramount Network, SYFY, and Fuse also have shows and/or movies where this is the case.

AMC for some reason, is not like this at all. Their shows have between 0 and 1 f bombs, usually the former.

It's funny that Better Call Saul episodes with tons of murder and no cursing get a TV-14 rating, but an episode with no violence and literally one F bomb gets a TV-MA rating. Saying the F word is super mature content apparently (even though 12 year olds curse all the time, to little detriment) but committing mass murder is not a big deal.

So now that cursing on basic cable shows is normal, I wonder if nudity will be next.

8. lc1995

I really do think that cable networks could have gotten away with this 5 to 10 years earlier, but didn't go for it until 2017 or so.

9. lc1995

I totally wish that the FCC ended their censorship on OTA shows. We could get some serious dramas on those networks.

I just can't take any show seriously when criminals and degenerates say "freakin".

goodiesguy likes this.
  10. Chilli

Chilli Pretend Engineer.

It does sit rather uncomfortably with me that US (and by inference British) culture finds violence more acceptable than nudity and indeed swearing.

At least in the UK 'Naked Attraction' is redressing the nudity issue!

goodiesguy and lc1995 like this.
  11. lc1995

I'm watching that right now and that would NEVER fly in the US lol. I can't even picture HBO having that much full frontal nudity, less so any platform that does reality shows.

Chilli likes this.
  12. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

:biglaugh:

13. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Show Robocop the directors cut on network tv.

Spaghettiows likes this.
  14. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

The ESPN documentary about Michael Jordan The Last Dance has had some F bombs in it

15. Chilli

Chilli Pretend Engineer.

Weirdly it's a fairly good show! It's certainly an eye opener.

lc1995 likes this.
  16. lc1995

I'm enjoying it.

Chilli likes this.
  17. Chilli

Chilli Pretend Engineer.

And we shall leave it at that! :D

18. lc1995

But now I have a legitimate question. Is it possible to watch all of the episodes in the US without torrenting?

19. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

Back in the 2000s, I remember seeing episodes of Sex and the City on DVD and on cable, and they certainly had F-bombs in almost every episode, not to mention implicit sex scenes (as opposed to explicit). When the show went to syndication, all those scenes were edited out.

20. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I saw one of those lists, as well(might have been from Lifetime Networks), and one of the groups of words was literally Carlin's "Seven Words" bit. It was hilarious.

WOR-TV(Ch.9 NYC) let a bunch of naked women air(view from the back) for a few seconds on The Benny Hill Show in 1979/80. I was shocked(and happy). Got it on a moldy Beta tape.

Dan

21. Chilli

Chilli Pretend Engineer.

22. inperson

inperson Senior Member

I've seen parts of this show. The people look kinda gross, at least the segments I've seen. I know people are generally plain and look like this but I don't wanna see them :laugh:

23. greenscreened

greenscreened Forum Resident

To the best of my recollection, I thought I heard (I was half-paying attention) the F-bomb from Norm Abrams via The New Yankee Workshop when the episode first aired.
    IIRC, it was the one about a cupboard.

I tried looking up the project just now via Wiki (great, reliable source for the correct running order, epi. title, and also much easier to navigate than TVdotcom, as well), but there were a half-dozen eps. with cupboard in the title.

I do remember he was applying contact cement to a surface, and when he laid the laminate on top, he said something to the effect of...
    Once you set the laminate on top, leave it there (under his breathe)Don't eff with it!
    Could have been don't fuss with it, but I'd like to think it was the former!

24. lc1995

I just DVR'd Wolf of Wall Street on FX and they censored out all the F bombs, even though it was after 11. I was disappointed so I stopped watching.

Oddly though, they allow the the CS word.

25. lc1995

Paramount marathoned Yellowstone recently and even the episodes that aired in the daytime were uncensored.

They also show uncensored breasts on this show, that's probably a first for ad supported cable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.