30% off at Sound of Vinyl using code 30OFF

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by farewelltransmission, Apr 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Sound Of Vinyl

Get 30% off storewide when you use the code 30OFF

"We are doing our best to deliver your order on time, however, we may experience delays somewhere along the way as we try to keep everyone safe."

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Just ordered a few things from there and used the code, thanks for the tip. Their selection is massive—found a few OOP things I was looking for and a few others I was waiting for price drops on that were good to go with the 30% off.

3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

curious about OOP stuff... obviously this site is the same as udiscover, musicvaultz, etc. but they definitely seem to have stuff in-stock that the others don't. they also seem to have listings for tons of stuff that's OOS and readily available everywhere else in the world.

:shrug:

hutlock likes this.
  4. hutlock

Yeah, that’s what compelled me to make the order—they had a couple of OOP Numero Group titles that are no longer even stocked at Numero direct so I figured why not? Even if I just wind up with the normal in-stock stuff at 30% off, that’s fine with me really.

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident Thread Starter

The site is a little challenging to browse and the search function is a little odd. You can search by an artist's name and only a few titles will populate, but if you click their name within one of the listings it redirects you to their "collection" which often has additional titles. I'm not sure if that makes any sense...

hutlock likes this.
  6. hutlock

Yeah this was fairly ridiculous. Like I typed in New Order and it brought up over 100 results... only five or so were actually New Order and the first one by them didn’t even appear on the list until the end of the first page. Even if you know what you are looking for, it was a huge challenge.

7. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Here's what I ordered; total came to $60.86. And yeah, the search function is really crummy.
    As near as I could determine, the mastering on Aftermath is the same as the mono box. Almost done with my quest to own every available JJ Cale title on vinyl. The samples on discogs of the Psychedelic Cumbias pushed me to buy it.

Open to hearing more suggestions!

Product image
    Description Quantity Price
    [​IMG]
    1 Ayahuasca: Psychedelic Cumbias Vol. 1 / Various 1 $30.98
    [​IMG]
    1 Closer to You 1 $29.98
    [​IMG]
    1 Aftermath (Limited Edition) 1 $25.98

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Only thing I care about is the Crossroads Revisited box, and it's still cheaper on the get import cds eBay site, after my 11% off there, by about $10.00.

9. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I don't think that LP is mono. It's probably a reissue of the Stereo remaster LP from 2003 on pink vinyl.

riverrat likes this.
  10. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Could be.
    I did check discogs, FWIW. The SOV release info says it came from Abbey Road, and differs from the 2003 release. As to whether that's accurate; I guess I'll find out!

*EDIT* Upon closer inspection, the details say "lacquer cut" at Abbey Road, but mastering at Gateway, same as the 2003 press.

Also - and I should have noticed - the sleeve in the image for the 2019 SOV says "Stereo". I just looked at the image of the label.

Oh well, no big deal.

dkmonroe and hutlock like this.
  11. hutlock

I do like the color! And you can’t really have enough copies of Aftermath, right?

riverrat likes this.
  12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Yeah. I have the 2003 UK lp and a well loved copy of the US version.
    And while I'm not a completist by any means, the Stones are my favorite band and as such, sort of a focus area for collecting..

hutlock likes this.
  13. hutlock

Plus side: placed this order on Thursday and it is already here in my hot little hands. Pretty impressive in the current shipping environment.

Negative: pretty lame on the packing side. Nothing damaged but it sure wasn’t because of anything they did to protect the records.

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

All the Bowie releases are 25% off, no discount code needed. Use code "SOV20OFF" for an additional 20% off of that (may only work on new accounts)

David Bowie

15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it's pretty offensive how poorly they pack vinyl. at least i had no problem getting a swift replacement for a smashed up cover. barely any questions asked and no return necessary.

16. japes

japes Senior Member

Thanks for that! I picked up Who Can I Be Now? (1974-1976) for $157 shipped using that code.

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that's what i'm thinkin' about too. it may just be time to pull that trigger...

18. hutlock

You know what, you’re right... it IS offensive! I mean you name your place The Sound of Vinyl, it’s literally the ONLY product you even sell, and yet, you can’t package them worth a damn.

This was hammered home by the OTHER box I got today from Port of Sound, which had half as many records packed in a box twice as big, with several layers of bubble wrap AND cardboard corner protectors around the LPs inside the box.

It’s like if you named your place World’s Greatest Pizza and before you served the pizza, which is the only thing on your menu, you left said pizza sitting outside under a sprinkler.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

sounds like dominos pizza.

The Elephant Man and hutlock like this.
  20. hutlock

Just realized that there are three records missing from my order. They were on the confirmation email AND were listed on the shipping email, but they were not in the box and not on the packing list.

How are these people so bad at this?

21. hutlock

Well their Customer Service answered me immediately so that was good. Apparently even though the Shipping email they sent had my whole order listed, the three missing records are out of stock and on back order. They just never bothered to tell me that and everywhere you look it says they were supposed to be in the box.

Anyway, the agent told me that they will stay on back order for about 3 weeks and if they don’t have them from the label/distro by then, they will refund me for them. I requested that if that happens they let me know they are doing it, but we shall see if that happens...

22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i guess you didn't have to put up with waiting for everything to be in stock before they shipped, at least!

my lord man, how many did you order?!?

hutlock likes this.
  23. hutlock

Hahahaha like 11? A couple of them were 7” singles though so it isn’t THAT bad.

24. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Same thing happened to my order. The two records that I wanted are on back order out of the 5 I purchased. They gave me the same lame email excuse.

I pointed out my disappointment, not because they are on back order, but because they didn't bother sending me a notification "before" they shipped out my order. They basically lied in their notification email that all of my items were being shipped.

Since they can't guarantee that they will get the title in stock in 20 days, I told them to just cancel and credit me for the two titles. I do not trust a company that doesn't care for their customers enough to communicate properly and I would rather not have to chase down a credit 20 days later.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

speaking of communication-- anyone else find it weird that the only way you can get any sort of tracking is via the e-mail they send you? "my account" on the site provides zero details.

also, i have a mystery tracking number for a package that appears to be coming from the same place as my other orders. they didn't tell me anything about it. the only way i knew was via USPS informed delivery.

hutlock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.