Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

First...this boxset is not a 'stupid thing!' It's a thing of beauty and intellect!
    Second...it still is $129.
    Now is the time to be bamboozled and humbled by LOGIC!
    And you must now buy it.
    :--)

2. waaguirr

waaguirr Forum Resident

Well how about that!

hutlock likes this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

AHHHHHHHH YOU ARE RIGHT I KNOW I KNOW!!!

Fine. Ordering now.

4. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

Shoot, I paid $140 for mine 10 years ago. It's money well spent (even at $155).

hutlock likes this.
  5. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Hahaha.
    I feel like the waiter in The Meaning of Life.
    "Just one wafer thin mint?"
    :--)

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  6. hutlock

Ha! Exactly!

I am justifying this in my head by saying the only album from this set I have on vinyl is my father’s original mono copy of Freewheelin’ and that one has seen better days.

I do of course already own this set on CD but I can talk myself around that!

7. elsanto

elsanto Forum Resident

This Dylan Mono Box is a thing of beauty...buy it and...
    [​IMG]

8. hype

hype Forum Resident

Last year idk if they were trying to unload a bunch of them but people were getting it for anywhere from $40-100+ for a few months but anytime they popped up they went really quick. I got one for $70ish that was numbered but the box was pretty beat up and I randomly checked one night soon after and somehow got a still sealed (not #'d) one for $41 so I returned the other one.

Seeing this pop up at so many deal sites the last few days you might get lucky checking the Warehouse over the next week or two for a randomly cheap listed one. Just remember to check all the vinyl inside because this set is known to sometimes come with a duplicate of one of the discs. It's def. a great set though!

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  9. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Of which, the returned copies will likely be what pops up in the Warehouse lol

JasonA likes this.
  10. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Shows that Dylan Mono set it is out of stock -- ordered it, guess I'll see if it ever gets fulfilled.

Bought the set when it came out on CD - didn't have a record play back then. Just started collected records last year, haven't gotten any his 60's stuff, yet - so this will be a nice addition in one fell shoop.

11. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

FWIW, I've had quite a few of these deals show as "temporarily out of stock" like this one and have received every one of them, and usually without much wait. Of course, now that I said that, this will be that one time..... :)

latheofheaven, marcb and hyde park like this.
  12. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

FYI if you are looking for Dylan sets in stock, please do not purchase from i-Deals Store. If for any reason you need to cancel, the owner will just auto reply a form letter that says how he "tried to cancel but it is too far along in the shipping process :( " . This happened to me before and I let it slide, of which he replied quick with a thank you...I tried ordering an Out Of Stock LP, and tried cancelling bc it wasn't true mono like the listing said, got the same message and I knew something was up. He even sent the same message to Amazon staff's request to cancel. Eventually he just marked the item as shipped.

mrjinks likes this.
  13. hype

hype Forum Resident

Sure, there's that chance but many people got it for well under a 100 without any duplicates. Worst case though if you got it for 60-70 even just get a new copy of that one album and it's still way cheaper.

14. Cymb79

Cymb79 Forum Resident

I purchased a copy of Amused to Death by that seller. they canceled the order with no explanation. When I emailed about it they explained how it was out of stock. For sure an odd seller.

Bloom likes this.
  15. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  16. Ed the Dog

Ed the Dog Forum Resident

17. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Beware, the description on the Bond Blu-ray says that it’s not compatible with Region 1 players.

latheofheaven and Strat-Mangler like this.
  18. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

That's one of the many Amazon mistakes. Happens frequently.

Back cover of the Blu ray set shows an FBI Warning logo and a Region A one, as shown on the bluray.com website

007: The Sean Connery Collection, Vol. 1 Blu-ray Release Date September 15, 2015

As a plus, the Bluray films in this set also have the original, untampered with, vintage mono tracks. Imho, the 5.1 remixes for those early Bond films are hoooorrible.

19. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

20. hutlock

21. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Price on the Dylan mono already dropped again to 125.74 and I just got my shipping notice for the last price it’s arriving tomorrow

ggergm likes this.
  22. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

You'll like this a lot. I've owned this box for years. Unfortunately, it cost me $170 in 2013. I just looked it up.

latheofheaven likes this.
  23. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

On a positive note; you only paid about $45 more and have been able to enjoy it for the last seven years.
    That's $6.43 per year. Not bad!

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

25. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

my dylan box arrived today, no missing discs or anything and its a numbered box. guess they had numbered ones laying around somewhere.