30% off at Sound of Vinyl using code 30OFF

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by farewelltransmission, Apr 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

yeah their whole shipping/communication model seems to be quite a bit off.

GentleSenator likes this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

received my "order" today, and based on what i've read here i guess i shouldn't be surprised that it's incomplete. even though there's no indicator anywhere that it would not be.

on the plus side, they sent me an additional copy of something that i only ordered one of. it was kinda stuck together with the other copy.

hutlock likes this.
  3. hutlock

Ha! That’s funny. Hope it was something good.

I got one of my 3 backorders today... had no idea at all it was coming, as they didn’t notify me that it was. Guess I will wait to see if the other two show up as well before I get too worried about it. Very strange business model they are working with though.

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i think the platform they're using is shopify, which seems to mystify businesses who didn't read the manual all the way through. this is why i check USPS informed delivery every few days. guess what? i have two more shipments from SOV on the way, according to that application.

hutlock likes this.
  5. hutlock

I just signed up for that. Thanks for the tip. I’m sure it will come in handy!

6. japes

japes Senior Member

My Bowie box set arrived in double boxed packaging in less than a week. I’m quite pleased.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

nice! even though you're closer than i am, my order arrived three days ahead of "schedule". they're getting things shipped quickly.

8. hutlock

Lo and behold, another box showed up from TSOV today with another of my missing LPs. All I’m missing now is one 7” which honestly I’m not crying over. Still weird the way they ship without telling me but overall I’d give them a good grade on the experience.

Now if they can just fix that Search function on their site...

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i have two "pre-shipment" things from them showing in USPS informed delivery, but i'm only missing one LP now. maybe i'm in for a surprise...

hutlock likes this.
  10. hutlock

Maybe they’ll send you a third copy of the one they sent you two copies of before!

11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

got an e-mail from these guys that they'll be running a 30% (or 35%, it wasn't totally clear) sale next week and it included a unique 35% off code for me to use some time this week before said sale. here's hoping for more deals to be had by stacking discounts.

12. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

new code is 30OFF!FALL
    I just got the Complete Charlie Parker Savoy/Dial box for $105!

13. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Joni Mitchell "Live At Canterbury House" vinyl for about $33 shipped. That's a triple LP!

Tjazz, The Elephant Man and hutlock like this.
  14. rolli

rolli Forum Resident

Best price so far.

Thanks... ordered!

Not sure if everyone knows... but if you use a card... looks like Sound of Vinyl hits your account right away, rather then charging when shipped.

guidedbyvoices likes this.
  15. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

At this price I'm ok with it!

Best part of this deal is unlike ebay or something, they have a 30 day guarantee, I saw one or two complaints about pressing defects on some people's sets, so I felt ok with this that if I get a lemon, at least I can return it.

16. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

Must only work on certain items. Didn’t work on two different records I tried.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  17. snowwhat

snowwhat Forum Resident

Yeah this is bizarre...there were things that had the 30% discount applied yesterday but jot today and vice versa.

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i still don't understand what's going on with this site. they specifically said the whole site would be on sale, just like udiscover. but it's not. i wonder if the fine folks at vinyl me please are managing this one too.

Jspmike likes this.
  19. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I agree! Very confusing but I bit the bullet today and bought -

System Of A Down - Toxicity
    Eels - Beautiful Freak
    Skid Row - Skid Row
    Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
    DJ Shadow - Entroducing

If everything had been on sale I would have bought a ton more!!! The vouchers on top of the sale are very useful - hope they last a while longer!

20. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

I used HOLIDAY30 and it worked.

Critter and Jspmike like this.
  21. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Ordered at 30% off

Jimi Hendrix Live In Maui 3 vinyl edition pre order
    Elton John s/t Gold Vinyl

$10.00 off

Marvin Gaye What's Going On (Orange Vinyl)

22. WesB

WesB Forum Resident

Looks like the limited selection of titles that were marked down 30% have gone back to regular price.

23. zacata88

zacata88 Well-Known Member

Damn, I would have stocked up a lot more if I had known that the ability to take the site 30% off + the coupon 30% off was going to go away.

Tjazz likes this.
  24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

:laugh:

what in the world?

25. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

I figured that would happen as soon as I saw the new discount code posted on a banner at the top of their website last night. I hurried up and placed an order for 7 records. I’m sure glad that I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.