Killing Eve (BBC America)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by x2zero, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Was actually bored last night.
    Best part was seeing Caroline show some emotion about her son.
    So the co worker did it or has to have some involvement ?
    V feels off, is it what happened in Rome or the writing?
    That apartment is stunning !

2. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I agree the episode was really weak. I guess her killing the trainee was supposed to show how wild and crazy she is but really was anyone surprised? It’s getting hard for them to surprise us with her antics. I am beginning to wonder if maybe this series should have ended last year with her “killing eve”.

GMfan87' likes this.
  3. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It's not as frenetic as last year and the music is also subpar. Something better happen soon ...

4. jeroemba

jeroemba Forum Resident

We may feel the lack of Phoebe Waller-Bridge's touch in season 3...

jlocke08 likes this.
  5. glennzo

glennzo Forum Resident

She is still an executive producer.
    For season 2 and 3 they have had different head writers, so that's the real difference I'd say.

chacha and marmalade166 like this.
  6. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Forum Resident

Gotta say not many shows on TV turned from great to annoying is such a small space of time like Killing Eve. Didn‘t like the second season much, but the first two episodes of the third annoyed the hell out of me. Yet another character with a supposedly russian accent makes my ears bleed.

chacha likes this.
  7. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

#3 was a big improvement but I'm wondering if they will wrap the Twelve story by season's end. If not how they are going to keep it compelling in next season is hard to imagine.

8. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

#3 did everything right. Great murders, incredible use of music ( that Kinks cover was about as obscure as it gets), funny script, good chemistry between the actors. And the fifty minutes sailed passed in what seemed like a few minutes.

9. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

I'm still watching, though I'm less enthused. It seems it's difficult to sustain "unique" year after year, even though you may retail the "feel" of the original premise.

GMfan87' likes this.
  10. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I don’t remember hearing a Kinks tune, which one was it?

11. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

The Strange Effecf, a cover.. Either when they kissed or when she finds teddy bear.

Mylene and chacha like this.
  12. chacha

Hmmm, don’t think I know that one

13. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Dave Berry~ This Strange Effect. One of the songs Ray Davies gave away

14. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Very disappointed in what they did last night. That part of the story did need to be put to rest but didn't have to be that way and this will be the third tragedy Eve has went thru and witnessed.
    Writer is having previous things happen again in order to move the plot in certain directions.
    Besides that I didn't care for the episode over all. It's mid season and we only got one strong episode in last week's, not good. If it doesn't improve by end of this season, how many will be tuning in for the 4th?

chacha likes this.
  15. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I’m getting bored as well. I am also confused about Konstantin and that accountant...who was embezzling the money? Why did K need to have the wife killed?

16. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Looks like Konstantin took the money or he knows who did and is protecting them for personal gain.
    The wife knew little but what the husband asked of her and now she saw Konstantin so if anyone else came and questioned her he couldn't risk it.
    This season is strangely laid out, it's like small plot points going on and little time spent on them and the rest of the content is not compelling.

noname74 likes this.
  17. chacha

Terrible ghastly and vile moment the other night in front of Eve. Hated that. Terrible choice.

18. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Season 3 is the difference between serviceable writing and great writing (Season 1). This show just looks like any other spy drama now, and I've quit caring about any of the characters.

19. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

I know what you mean.
    I've gotten to the point where I'm saying , just kill her already.

Solaris likes this.
  20. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

The past two episodes have been good, and I'm enjoying it more. The first season aesthetic is still strong, but it may be difficult to care about the characters as the vile actions mount. It's seems a difficult thing to keep in balance.

21. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I would summarize the problem with the series at this point being that the relationship between our two main characters struggles for a reason to continue.

They were brought together by a complex, yet organic, set of circumstances. But their relationship played itself out to a logical conclusion. Now, it's like watching a divorced couple that still seem to be toxically drawn together, causing all sorts of collateral damage along the way.

It's difficult to have sympathy for any of them, at this point.

22. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I think you've just hit the nail on the head.

chacha and jpelg like this.
  23. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

I think the series has gotten very cynical. I will probably watch it anyway while stuck at home...

24. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Last night's was pretty bizarre in many ways. Some of the quirks of Oksana's family, just seeing her in that environment , totally out of her element.
    I think they didn't have to have whole episode on it, and could of been less predictable in how she dealt with her Mother. Some things were surprising she said to her, the emotion, actually showed some self awareness and how much she has buried away.
    Comer is really quite an actress.
    I'm glad about that gesture for the boy and her older brother.

George P likes this.
  25. George P

George P Notable Member

Really loving this show. Glad it is already renewed for a fourth season.

alexpop and marmalade166 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.