Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Correct, Mercury Rev with different vocalists.

I grabbed one too. Great price, especially with Prime shipping.

6. popscene

popscene Senior Member

It's a very good album. I missed the deal on the LP, although the CD is still very cheap at $4.40.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  7. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

I did this too, since hey $5 equals another record and mine hadn't shipped yet. Somehow missed the words currently out of stock though. Regret it now but I'm still confident the order will get fulfilled, hopefully over the next few weeks.

dcarwin and Juggsnelson like this.
  8. Ed the Dog

Ed the Dog Forum Resident

9. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I missed both of these deals but I can report the Mercury Rev album is darn well worth it based on the cd I own. Don't expect to be hearing anything that'll remind you of Mercury Rev but most of the songs are very strong and the guest vocalists do them justice.

hutlock likes this.
  10. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Can someone remind me how to turn off the automatic redirecting...when I click on a .com link it loads as .ca. I recall there was a way to turn it off but can't remember...no lectures on how to right click, copy and paste please. I already know how to do that and I don't want to :)

imarcq likes this.
  11. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Opt Out of Sovrn //Commerce

You can also use browser plug-ins to achieve the same thing.

lightbulb, imarcq and eddiel like this.
  12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

That's the link I remember but it didn't work and none of my browser plugs in work either. I think it's an Amazon geo tagging thing.

Even copy/paste redirects. I have to manually change the .ca to .com after pasting and redirect happens.

Edit worked it out I think. Some links have this at the end of it "&tag=shforums-20" removing that from the link stops the redirect.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  13. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Not sure what is going on. I just tried links in the other Amazon threads, and I was linked to the UK, Germany, France and Spain without an issue.

14. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

[​IMG]

I have the vigilink opt-out enabled as above. I use my smartphone mainly. When I hold my finger on the link it gives me a pop up box with a few choices. I click "open in Chrome" and it forces a new window. I'm not getting the redirect happening from Amazon UK to US. See if that helps, or the equivalent thing in a PC or Mac whatever that is?

15. VinylSteals

VinylSteals Forum Resident

So this got such a good response that it maxed out the free web hosting service I was using. You can filter Amazon records by price in a few ranges here: Filter Amazon vinyl records by price until I get the original tool up and running again.

mrjinks, Shawn, Strat-Mangler and 2 others like this.
  16. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

It works on some links and on others it doesn't. Best I could work out yesterday was some links had a tag at the end (as I posted above). I haven't tried any links in the other Amazon threads.

imarcq likes this.
  17. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

18. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

19. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Just a tip I have learned. The trick with Amazon is to get in early on pre orders. If you get in, you usually get the album on release day. However, order later and it could be many weeks. May not be worth the extra $5 in this case but for important albums I would rather have it on day one.

20. elsanto

elsanto Forum Resident

21. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

22. Ed the Dog

Ed the Dog Forum Resident

imarcq, jimhb, FlexFantastic and 4 others like this.
  23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

24. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

My shipment of "Earth Pentastar" purchased at $9.98 arrived yesterday. Unfortunately it contained a different LP (some Flaming Lips). So it's going back. Current price back up at $16.

25. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City