Any Slipknot fans?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mtlennox, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I wish these guys would get actual fans of mainstream metal to review the big metal albums.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Adamklys

Adamklys New Member

Hi Guys. Slipknot is touring in uk in 2020. Can I buy a ticket for the concert with meet and greet band befor concert? Thanks for help

3. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

Matthew Tate and xfilian like this.
  4. 3coloursbeige

3coloursbeige Forum Resident

Haven't got to the core of it just yet, but I'm loving the new album so far - I think I can already say that it's their 4th best release...it may well go higher. And with the new Korn album being great too, well, it's been a pretty heavy couple of weeks round mine...

5. Jerk The Handle

Jerk The Handle Electrician

I have their debut (digipak), bought in 1999. Never listened to it much and I prefer Pantera.

6. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Anyone compared We Are Not Your Kind vinyl straight to digital versions? Friend of mine was very impressed with the album (being Stone Sour fan) and got the LP yesterday. To his ears first disk felt like it was cut from a different master and the 2nd disk was pretty close to what he got used to while listening to the digital 24/96. Anyone could relate to that?

joshm2286 and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Timos

Timos Forum resident

Hmm, I'm not sure - I only have the CD.

BUT (to my ears at least) it sounds pretty darn good. Ludwig mastering. It's loud - but that suits the music. Also, it's not overly compressed - certainly not a hardship on the old ears.

8. Timos

Timos Forum resident

Wow, I'd love to hear that. The CD sounds good, probably not as good as the vinyl from what you say, though.

9. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

Saw them live in London on Saturday night at the O2. Packed to the rafters which for a band playing music like this is some achievement. They put on an utterly fabulous show, probably the most intense performance I have ever witnessed. Sound was so loud it seemed to punch holes in your guts and the crowd were going mad from start to finish. Managed to acquire Tortilla Mans drumstick as well. Fabulous night.

10. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

I really hope they release a live blu of this tour. They really bring the spectacle.

11. lenny nero

live at BBC Studios, never seen them in a somewhat intimate setting

12. lenny nero

13. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

If I have to choose one album, it would be Volume 3
    Too many to mention. ;)
    The one from All Hope Is Gone era. :righton:

Bonus:
    My favorite member is Jim Root. Never seen a metal guitarist plays a Jazzmaster before! Super cool.
    [​IMG]

Matthew Tate and miller_time22 like this.
  14. lenny nero

Entire set from last year's Download fest

15. lenny nero

hour long BBC Radio 1 doc on them

Umbari and Brenald79 like this.
  16. cdnostalgia

cdnostalgia Forum Resident

I'm a regular at Download, so glad they caught the audio for this so well and have released it, gives me something to watch to cheer me up knowing it's cancelled this year. Was a great set - they seem to love that fest.

17. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Could someone recommend album titles and/or a track list that is “clean,” for my 13-year-old to listen to? I just played “Psychosocial” and kinda liked it myself.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. If by clean you mean no swear words, you won't find an album that's entirely clean unless you have an edited one.

Songs worth looking into that are similar to Psychosocial (by that I mean more "radio friendly" and popular) and clean:

Slipknot
    - Wait and Bleed

Iowa
    - Left Behind

Volume 3 (The subliminal Verses)
    - Duality
    - Circle
    - Before I forget
    - Vermillion (parts 1 and 2)

All Hope is Gone
    - Sulfur
    - Dead Memories
    - Snuff

.5: The Gray Chapter
    - The Devil and I

I'd also add We Are Not Your Kind's Unsainted to this list, but there's a couple of swears (though you might not be able to hear them).

NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of non-swearing Slipknot songs, just the songs that are more popular, don't have swears, and are "softer" and more radio friendly. You could create a nice playlist from these songs plus Psychosocial to get started.

19. Thesmellofvinyl

Perfect! Thank you. Solved!

20. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

As far as language goes, I know Vol 3 is mostly clean, particularly since according to Mick Thomson (one of the guitar players who’s also known for being brutally honest), Corey made it a point to use as little profanity as possible to show he didn’t rely on it.
    Besides that, musically, that’s when they started using more melody in their music, or at least more prominent melody.

21. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

On Apple Music they list “E” on the songs with swearing. It doesn’t leave much.

Matthew Tate and Thesmellofvinyl like this.
  22. Thesmellofvinyl

Thank you, Brenald79 and Zoot Marimba! Would be funny if my son turns me onto this band. He’s already prompted me to take a closer look at Roger Miller.

23. Zoot Marimba

Here’s to Paul, who we lost ten years ago today. Rest In Peace, nothing’s been the same without you.

Brenald79 and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Zoot Marimba

An early track called “Do Nothing/Bitchslap”, which features some surprisingly pretty ripping bass playing by Paul.

25. Metalhead85

Metalhead85 Doesn’t understand noise music

My favorite is their newest record “We Are Not Your Kind”, “Iowa”, and their Self Titled record. Good stuff.

My favorites are Eyeless, Birth Of The Cruel, and either Disasterpiece or My Plague.

My favorite mask is either Tortilla Man for the lols or Craig Jones’ Mask. Also Corey’s original is dope, too.

Matthew Tate likes this.