Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

IMO Asuka is now a full blown babyface. That was just too real.

2. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I never miss an episode of KanaChan TV on youtube... Asuka making french toast, Asuka playing video games, Asuka going to Whole Foods. If you need something to brighten your spirits, do yourself a favor and subscribe KanaChanTV

3. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Asuka (and Kairi Sane by extension) became instant babyfaces by congratulating Becky, in contrast to Shayna's harsh mocking ... clearly setting up Asuka vs. Shayna soon.

The genuineness of this moment was offset by the dumb and weird Seth angle ... impending fatherhood making him alternatively a zombie and a sadistic jerk ... after the babyface tease moment when he shook hands after losing on Sunday. Who writes this crap? :)

4. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

That'll be fun. Shayna is amazing and Asuka has proven her worth over time. The match we'll get will be great.

That moment wasn't genius; it was real life. Asuka genuinely only found out about Becky when she got into the building and even then, she didn't know everything. The reaction in the ring was quite genuine. Seth is still in full character mode as he doesn't have to leave. Seth shaking Drew's hand wasn't at all a babyface moment. He didn't go into it smiling. He kind of gave into it begrudgingly. That we don't know where it's going makes it all the more compelling. This is just beginning to unfold.

Ed

5. RayS

Yeah, I disagree. Heels don't shake hands after they lose and then gouge an opponent's eye out with the ring steps the next night after that person congratulates them on their impending fatherhood. It makes no sense ... and if you find "Seth is a zombie now" compelling, more power to ya! :)

6. Nostaljack

You know too much. Colby's real life has nothing to do with his job as Seth Rollins. You're blurring the lines.

Ed

7. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Anyone watch the first part of The Undertaker: The Last Ride documentary? Definitely an interesting watch to see all the behind the scenes content and really get a sense of how much he is respected in the wrestling business by everyone.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. RayS

A viewer who knows nothing about any of these people and tuned in for the very first time last night knows that Seth is the father of Becky's baby because they directly referenced it on the broadcast, purposefully. The angle of Seth's zombie status is clearly related to that impending fatherhood, in fact.

9. Nostaljack

We don't know that. This angle was literally just begun last night so we can't know what's motivating it.

Ed

10. Nostaljack

It was. It was weird to see him as Mark. It's a sad watch as he really just doesn't know when to hang it up. His story may be even sadder than Ric Flair's.

Ed

JCRW likes this.
  11. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

I used to like it during the Bruno Sammartino, Gorilla Monsoon (from Rochester) Ivan Koloff, Stan Staskiak, Ivan Putski Executioners era, before steroids and soap operas took over. I wrestled a bit in high school but wasn't pretentious enough to hate on pro wrestling at the time.

12. RayS

This is a scripted wrestling show, it's not subtle or multi-layered. There is direct cause and effect. Mysterio congratulates Rollins for his impending fatherhood and Rollins goes catatonic, not responding to him. A short time later in the match he is "awakened" from his zombie status to commit an exceptionally heinous act even by pro wrestling standards (the eye to the ring step edge) against the very man who congratulated him. "A" caused "B" because that's how pro wrestling works.

13. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

14. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

Anybody remember this? God, I loved Ali, I can't imagine anyone having the sense of humor to do this today.

15. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

he wrestles like 1 match a year the last 5 years and 2 of them are great

16. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Another great episode!

17. MikaelaArsenault

18. MikaelaArsenault

19. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

I see that Duane Johnson’s daughter has decided to enter this field, with her father’s endorsement.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  20. MikaelaArsenault

21. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Days after WWE wrestling star Shad Gaspard went missing in waters off Venice Beach, officials say a body has been found in the area, but they have not confirmed the identity of the deceased.

The Los Angeles Fire Department responded to the area near Lifeguard Tower 26 at Venice Beach at about 1:46 a.m. Wednesday after being contacted by LAPD, the fire department said.

The body was found between Venice Beach pier and the lifeguard headquarters, and there were no signs of foul play. No information on the body’s sex, age or race has been revealed.

Los Angeles Police Department Lt. Titus Tyler said: “At this stage, because of sensitivity, I don’t want to disclose that.

Meanwhile, Los Angeles County lifeguards said on Twitter that the body matches the description of Gaspard.

A post reads: “#PierIC at 2:19AM @lacolifeguards @LACOFD @LAPDHQ respond to #VenicePier to a report of a body along the shoreline that matches the description of Sunday’s missing swimmer. Crews on-scene extricate from the water and transfer to @lacountymec

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  22. MikaelaArsenault

:(

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. MikaelaArsenault

24. fcj1976

fcj1976 Well-Known Member

25. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

[​IMG]

I'm not a wrestling fan anymore, but this is awesome. JR always struck me as pretty straight arrow. Wrong, and hilariously so. I'm about 1/3 in and there are already amazing stories.

MikeInFla and MikaelaArsenault like this.