Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. espartaco

espartaco Forum Resident

2. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Hmmm...I ordered it yesterday too and I’ve not gotten anything yet beyond my order confirmation. No shipping notice but also no cancellation. Fingers crossed.

3. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you need help.

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Agreed 1000%.

latheofheaven and GentleSenator like this.
  6. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

I think we all might...

ps: what was the 13cd box?

hutlock and black sheriff like this.
  7. hutlock

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  8. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Sigh...here we go again! I love Jacques Dutronc. If they cancel my John Lennon order, I'm all over this.

I've done...many times...on the LPs. The CDs were too overwhelming though.

hutlock likes this.
  9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Usually stuff which slips into out of stock status will show as such pretty quickly. Bummer you didn't get what you wanted. This looks like a nice album package, one which I passed on because I have the Imagine box. Didn't really see the point of owning the material in another format when I don't listen to the box enough.

latheofheaven likes this.
  10. hutlock

Around 5,000-6,000 in, I was genuinely starting to have some kind of hallucinatory experience and several very deep universal truths revealed themselves.

1) there is some REALLY REALLY godawful cover art in the Blowout Bin. A lot of this directly lead to the hallucinations. I was flipping through SO fast and then one of those covers that was just an absolute CAR CRASH of design would pop up. I kind of wish I had started a thread of them now so at least I would know for sure if they were even real.

2) apparently if you were into any type of club or dance music of any genre whatsoever between 2007-2015, there is something for you in the Blowout Bin. Into the Cream sound? You’re in luck. Fancy reliving your time in Ibiza? It’s all there for you. Wondering whatever became of Judge Jules? Find out here!

3) you really have to wonder about the rest of the world when you look at all of this because at least 70% of the bin is from somewhere outside of the US/Canada/UK. Maybe more. But some of these things just look SO ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, it makes you think... does this just look rotten because that isn’t what we do here, in this market? Is there really some axis of music fan in some obscure European country that just eats this s*** up with a spoon? Or in Asia?! Do people collect it like we collect Beatles, Stones, etc? If so, WHY?!? You can’t judge a book by its cover but you can sure judge a lot of these CDs by theirs, and I judged a whole lot of them to be pretty much worthless. No offense meant to anyone from any other cultures or countries. Jussayin.

4) bouncing off that last one... who exactly does Deep Discount think is going to buy this crap?! Even at 80% off a lot of this is landfill. How long do they leave it up there before they just write it off as dead stock and send it all to the recycle bin? How much money is wrapped up in all of this? The mind reels...

Anyway, as you can see, I learned some really important lessons on my trip through the Bin, but also opened my mind to a whole host of questions that keep us collectors and bargain hunters awake at nights... and still coming back for more.

11. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

12. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

Hutlock can you give the steps to filter via computer browser?

(edit: I think I got it as I found the format LP option in the left column)

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  13. hutlock

I can but I’m already shut down for the night. I’ll get it up for you in the AM if that’s cool?

latheofheaven and dcarwin like this.
  14. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

hutlock and black sheriff like this.
  15. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Soundgarden Ultramega-OK is gone. I received a refund for that already.

16. hutlock

Yeah, that should be it—it’s basically the same as doing it on the phone. Just open the Bin first and then open that filter list on the left. Happy Shopping!

17. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  18. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Ended up ordering No Line and the Hold Me, Kiss Me... single by U2. Thanks for the heads up everyone!

SJP, Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you did. you're now the official ambassador.

as i combed through i learned that south korea still has current releases specific to that market. why DD would have this stuff is beyond me. also why anyone shopping DD would want to shell out $60 (list price) for a single item containing questionably sourced polish folk tunes is even more curious.

20. hutlock

Exactly. There has got to be HUNDREDS of such items. Which makes me wonder how many are on the site still at full price too.

21. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

I noticed DD bargain bin had a fair amount of "heavy" music (surprising and pleased to see) but I saw almost no Reggae or Ska. I'm just wondering where they get their stock.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  22. hutlock

I saw like 2-3 Marley comps in the CD bin but the vinyl titles usually go REALLLLY fast. I grabbed some Duke Reid comps and two volumes of Treasure Dub on my last vinyl order and I’m fairly sure they were all sold out the next day.

23. hutlock

Yeah, bummer. I just got my shipping notice and it looks like this is the only one I didn’t get. Looks Like I got the Lennon though, so that’s making up for it.

latheofheaven, Juggsnelson and ATMP like this.
  24. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

a lot of dollar bin entries. :winkgrin:

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  25. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I lose out on John Lennon Ultimate.