"Vinyl Me Please" Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hogues, Apr 7, 2019.

1. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Same here. The Rhino Wake is excellent. I'm surprised MoFi haven't re-released it as they put out Mars Hotel and Blues for Allah late last year, which are fantastic.

2. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

Here are a couple from Reddit:
    WGTTR7
    S7JT39
    P3G2J2
    G7D39W
    N68S67

Juggsnelson and robbroncs like this.
  3. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

4. robbroncs

robbroncs Forum Disgrace

Thanks guys!

jeez, I’m impulsive. But I only have 2 of them...... no one tell my wife!!

5. I will probably pick up Blues for Allah from MoFi, but the Rhino of that is awesome as well. I have both the Rhino and the MoFi of Workingman’s, but haven’t compared them head to head yet. Both are wonderful in their own right. The MoFi of Skulls and Roses is great too.

SJR and Dignan2000 like this.
  6. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I used the last one. Thanks!

Juggsnelson and Clucking like this.
  7. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

I streamed this on Apple Music today, high energy, electric blues and fun songs. The mix was weird and all over the place, like I was missing one of the stereo channels at times... is anyone familiar with the title?

8. If I were a Dead newbie I’d try to find the Great Rhino Warner Bros studio box first. Then grab the two RSD Fillmore Boxes for an into to their live music.

9. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

That RSD Family Dog set is another live one I would hunt down.

Mazzy and Clucking like this.
  10. I was at that show on the Great Highway in San Francisco. It was promoted and their solo offerings. Love the cover art of the set..

11. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Also want to point out that the Cornell 77 Vinyl Box looks like it now went OOP in the last couple months Amazon doesn't have it and copies are getting more expensive. If you can find one for under $100 on discogs or a 3rd party on Amazon I would jump on it.

It is an awesome show to own.

This is the 150gram pressing

12. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I believe the Rhino reissue Europe 72 is now OOP

Clucking likes this.
  13. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

it is but still widely available at that price

14. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

It is,

I wonder if Bellman is going to just use the same cut on this one

15. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

16. spacecoyote

spacecoyote Astral Resident

Europe ‘72 is available for back-order at Acoustic Sounds.

Nephrodoc likes this.
  17. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

VMP has a photo of what appears to be all of the tape boxes together, so that would seems to indicate that these were all cut from the tapes by Bellman somewhat recently.

The Gomper and challenge like this.
  18. I would be absolutely shocked if they didn’t use the Bellman Rhino cuts that they’ve been releasing the past couple years. I would also be shocked if the other cuts don’t get a stand alone black vinyl release. I would buy the ones I don’t already have if so.

19. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Take a look at what Without A Net goes for. That’s the ringer in this box.

20. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Hopefully it gets a stand alone release would jump on that have everything else

21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

as someone who actually owns zero dead on vinyl, this would seem to be an excellent way to change that. but the price is a bit much... and 7500 is a lot of copies.

jgrillo and WithinYourReach like this.
  22. japhyman

japhyman Forum Resident

IIRC the Rhino Dead box with Workingman’s and American Beauty was released in 2010, and the Rhino Europe 72 was released in 2011, both of which may have been worked on prior to Bernie Grundman announcing his big studio upgrade in 2011, so I’m definitely hoping that Bellman is being given another shot at these to take advantage of the new gear and his being already familiar with the music.

I’m also curious about which Live/Dead tapes would be used for this set, there was a lot of discussion here about the MFSL reissue which used the remix, that was also released back in 2011. Do tapes of the original mix still exist?

23. glide

glide Forum Resident

Curious about this as well.

Rhino did release a version of the original mix somewhat recently. I suspect that is what they will use.

japhyman likes this.
  24. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

I’ve got all the Rhino and all the MoFi pressings. The Rhino’s are very good but the MoFi’s are in a different league.

Edit—except for Live/Dead, the Rhino is better.

25. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Thank you. Used this one.

I have no GD records/CDs, etc. Never really listened to them before. So this will be my first step into their music.