Binge-worthy TV Shows for Isolation

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjp

rjp Senior Member

boston legal

boston public - don't know if you can even get it on DVD. i would love to see it again.

2. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I see CBS' Person Of Interest as a perfect binge for this particular time in history. The show goes two different places: initially as a sort of "big brother/touched-by-an-angel" procedural for a couple of seasons, then the overarching storyline opens out into this great, paranoia-fueled world-in-danger plot unlike anything I've ever seen on standard network teevee. Frankly I'm surprised CBS stuck with it once it drifted out of their comfort zone. The whole cast shines, questions and ethics are raised, and the series doesn't let you down.

It's a great binge for staying inside, wondering what the bastids are doing outside when you can't see them...!

Bonus points for getting to watch Sarah Shahi for hours at a time!

3. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

I'll add Counterpart to this list. Why it was canceled after only two seasons is beyond me. J.K. Simmons is terrific.

4. softl

softl Well-Known Member

I binge watched 15 episodes of "This Old House", The Belmont House" from 2015 yesterday on ROKU. Aside from the continuous self-promotion of the show,it was okay.

5. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I just watched both seasons of "Great News" on Netflix. I never heard of it. It's great. Andrea Martin (from SCTV) is absolutely hilarious. It's a few years old, and I never heard of it before today.

6. greenscreened

greenscreened Forum Resident

When I bought my 8tb Mac from the online store mid-last year, I didn't even open it, I just returned it to the store, due to the many iTunes limitations (especially pertaining to the movie/TV app) of Catalina that I heard about.
    Prior to that, I got 80% of all my DVDs backed up.
    Every episode of every DVD (even ones I've never seen in the last 10 yrs or so) to an ext HD), and was going to add them to the new laptop.

I started watching AH Presents the same way I binge-watch all the DVDs...one disc at a time (6-7) episodes.
    And I only found one from season 1, disc 1 that I'm not going to delete from the ext Hd!

Usually, I can only do about 10 back-to-back episodes in a row
    No matter what series it is, I can't watch every single episode from it either.
    Out of 210 ELR episodes, there are only 170 on the laptop, and about 10 or so I'd skip over, and that's in my top 5 comedy series.

With my old now defunct 500gb MBP, I had it filled with many different shows on it, and would binge-watch this way (the only sure-fire tolerable way for me)...
    I'd sort the episode#'s by 101 (pilot) 102 (first season, second episode) etc, then sort the episode column by ascending, then all the shows would play in order, show by show epi by epi#, which helped break the monotony.
    Good way to compare how each show grew over time.

Oops, I forgot to mention I'm also watching Mad About You, disc by disc, also.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    bmasters9 likes this.
  7. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

I just completed Shameless Season 10 on Showtime free trial. Pretty good shows actually, even though Fiona left for some unknown reason.

Played all 12 "hour" long episodes in less than a 2 day period. 10 the first day and the remaining 2 the next day. At first I thought there was only 10 episodes but then realized there were two more.

That parole officer sure looked familiar. Will need to figure out what other show I've seen her in.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  8. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

The parole officer is Debbie Downer on SNL. Rachel Dratch in "real life".

9. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

The action-packed TV series "Renegade" starring Lorenzo Lamas is a great show for binge-watching, because it ran for 5 seasons.

[​IMG]
    The show also featured its creator Stephen J. Cannell in an acting role as crooked cop/villain Donald "Dutch" Dixon.
    [​IMG]

bmasters9 likes this.
  10. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

How many other producers have done that (have roles [no matter how small] in the shows they were behind)?

melstapler likes this.
  11. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

The Shield has the best finale EVER!

melstapler and proedros like this.
  12. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Highlander , ForeverKnight first two seasons Keen Eddie..

melstapler likes this.
  13. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

and the pilot episode finale was jaw-dropping , imho

i still remember the scene
    in S3 when the cop throws the grenade in the other cop's car

shocking / wtf scene there

melstapler and YardByrd like this.
  14. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Good point. It was nice seeing Cannell get out from behind the typewriter and cause some trouble.

GMfan87' and bmasters9 like this.
  15. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

I came across a show on Netflix I never heard of from 2016 called Containment. It's about a viral outbreak and it's set in my home town of Atlanta. The government quickly sets up a quarantine area in an effort to contain the virus with a no one in, no one out rule. It's based on a Belgian TV series called The Cordon. While there are some predictable moments and the acting is typical CW fare, I found the story line captivating given the current state of the world and a guilty pleasure to watch. It's spooky how something made four years mirrors our reality today.

melstapler likes this.
  16. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Binge?
    Ashes To Ashes.
    Especially season one.

17. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

New on Apple tv; Home Before Dark. Nothing earth shattering, but decent and intriguing stuff! And just bought the Line of Duty series 1-5 box set! :thumbsup:

Brenald79 likes this.
  18. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Stephen Talbot and Rich Correll have done pretty well for themselves in the industry over the years.

19. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Justified
    The Good Wife
    Black Books

20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Munsters! only 2 seasons and tons of fun!

Gramps Tom and bmasters9 like this.
  21. Michael

just binged this!

22. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

S.W.A.T. on CBS. It’s created by Shawn Ryan who also created The Shield. I’ve been watching 1-2 a day for weeks. This is the perfect summer quarantine show.

23. Michael

if you really want to feel good binge on the greatness of Little House On The Prairie...pureness at it's best.

Doc Sportello likes this.
  24. Doc Sportello

Doc Sportello Active Member

Doctor Who, yes! Great one to binge watch. I really want to jump back into the classics again. I’ve watched the new ones to the point I need a bit of a break but man do I love them.

Shawn and fitzysbuna like this.
  25. Doc Sportello

Doc Sportello Active Member

Twin Peaks

AlphabetMan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.