Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

the blowout bin frenzy got me...ordered greenday because it was dirt cheap and realize i really dont feel the new album.

at least i got my order super fast.

hype, Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  2. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Mine never left pre shipment. So I called, they had no explanation other than stuff happens, and are supposedly reshipping the order. We shall see.

dasacco likes this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Of my last two DD bargain bin orders, the first one departed Louisville and decided to take a break in Pittsburgh on its way to California (???). It spent 3 days there, hope it found Pittsburgh to be enjoyable. Hope it arrives here in the next day or two.

The second one somehow picked up a direct flight from Louisville to Los Angeles. That one already got here. Highly recommend the terrific pressing of Bob Seger Greatest 2LP (all the Seger I'll ever need on vinyl...or CD for that matter) and Best Coast (loving this album on a recommendation from someone above).

And an honorable shout-out to @hutlock for word on the Moebius/Roedelius Japan mini-LP CD. Thanks so much for that lead!

4. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Same exact thing is happening to me. I received my U2 record, but i am waiting for 3 records that were shipped the day before.

hutlock, dasacco and SJP like this.
  5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

You got it!

I also grabbed the Best Coast, but I haven’t had the chance to play it yet. I know their stuff a little bit already though.

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  6. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

My orders are going from KY to Pittsburgh to Cincinnati and then bouncing all around Columbus OH before landing. Very strange. Usually KY to Cincinnati to Columbus and out for delivery. Even a package from my local fave a mile away went to Pittsburgh/ Cincinnati/ bounced around Columbus a few days before arriving. THAT’S crazy..

latheofheaven likes this.
  7. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

My last update was in Pittsburgh a few days ago. Checked today and says it will arrive late (no date, of course).

8. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 15% off coupon sometime this weekend.

Strummergas, hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.
  9. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

what happened to the 20% coupons that were almost the standard a couple of years ago ...

Juggsnelson likes this.
  10. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I need one! A few pre-orders I want to jump on.

11. Juggsnelson

They also seen to have abandoned their blowout vinyl section on their EBay store. Great coupons over there too but hardly any new listings.

12. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Is it me, or is their ebay store an absolute nightmare to navigate ?

Juggsnelson likes this.
  13. Juggsnelson

I stick strictly to the blowout vinyl bin and have it sorted by the items added most recently. This way I can just refresh the screen and see if there are any new items.

14. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip ... I usually once every 6 months go through all of them ... with a nice cold beer, it is not that terrible, but I will go with your approach from now on ;)

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  15. hutlock

If you sort them into pages of 250, it seems to go a lot faster — there are usually only 1,500 or fewer LPs in there, so it breaks down to about 5-6 pages that way lol.

16. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Thanks guys ... I was very happy that I collect vinyl and not CDs ... cause that list is way more extensive lol

17. hutlock

Ha yeah. Tell me about it. Lol

Juggsnelson, latheofheaven and TBos like this.
  18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

u2's "no line on the horizon" must have sold well with the blowout (see: reasonable) price as it's now back up to $49 (what). i bought one as a second copy to help make me feel better about paying twice as much initially.

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  19. hutlock

Looks like the clear version is gone but the black vinyl for $14 is still in stock.

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  20. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Received my clear version of U2's "No line on the Horizon", earlier this week. Packaging and records look great -- looking forward to listening to it later on today. Not too familiar with the record, actually I never even listened to it via the web or cd.

superstar19, Boomy and Juggsnelson like this.
  21. Juggsnelson

I got mine as well and this pressing sounds pretty great. Nice packaging too!

22. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Yeah, the plastic sleeve that it came in was nice touch, too.

23. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Mine is somewhere in USPS land

24. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

That PVC sleeve on the U2 needs to go in the closet away from my records. Glad the hype sticker came off so easily and there’s a sealed gatefold like the original. PVC covers have caused some problems in my collection so they go in the closet.

25. Juggsnelson

I hate that they still put records in those....With the hype sticker on it no less.