CANCELED TV SHOWS as of December 2017.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by pblmow, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

:eek: He took it on the road?!

2. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Wow-The Blindspot got a 3 Year Renewal? I thought all Shows were Year to Year, as even Family Guy and The Simpsons with their long history of success(I do recall that Family Guy got cancelled early on, but with Big DVD Sales, it renewed interest to get picked up again, but that was a long time ago, as seems to be as good as ever and assume ratings have been strong).

I hope the 'Penn & Teller Fool Us' gets renewed, as I used to be into Card Sleight of Hand and love any Card & Coin Sleight of Hand Magicians, who have appeared on their Show. I know several moves, so even have picked up a few of them that had fooled P & T(with the benefit of a 2nd Viewing).

I do not care much for the Woman Host though, who replaced the British Dude, after the 1st Season, as I liked him as the host, but maybe P & T thought a Female Host would work better, or the British Dude might have been traveling from the UK and he just did not want to continue on with the travel to tape the show. Never heard the backstory on the change of Host on this Show.

Also, as long as Black-ish and Brooklyn 9-9 return, I am good for Sitcoms(along with Family Guy) that interest me.

MikaelaArsenault and Veggie Boy like this.
  3. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I've always liked P&T and have Fool Us set on my PVR auto-record. I hope it gets renewed for another season (and more).

I also prefer the cute naivety of Alyson Hannigan that helps highlight the guest magicians' impact as opposed to the somewhat condescending presence of that British guy.

4. Dillydipper

Did not expect Blindspot getting any renewal at all, the way their ratings were. Somebody upstairs must see them as a high-octane NCIS product, rather than a crime soap with a dwindling demographic. I was expecting to write them off this season, but somebody apparently sees audience tastes changing.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  5. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

6. MikaelaArsenault

7. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

8. MikaelaArsenault

I'll have to look.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Matthew Tate

Thank you. Also saw the Conners was back. That’s almost everything I watch that I thought might be canceled other than good girls

10. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I kinda like the new Green Acres in Bless This Mess.

11. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

Blindspot got renewed ? I did not see that coming ! great news for me !

12. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

outstanding news!

wonderful show, thought for sure it was over.

the horrible 'emergence' is cancelled "PIPER"!

14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

'stumptown' is a pretty darn good TV show.

marmalade166 and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

Awww, SHlT ... I missed the last episode of "I Love Lucy".

Jimmy B. likes this.
  16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Mr. Inbetween?

Castle Rock?

17. Dillydipper

Why, why, WHY...do people insist on posting this stuff on a thread about 2017? And canceled shows in 2017 at that? Don't you even know how to start threads with the current year in the title?

For three years, I started threads on EVERY SEASON, to put the latest developments from the Upfronts, from cancellations, from new shows, from all networks, netlets, and streaming services. Last year, I not only teased the Upfronts, explained them all in detail, tried to cover every day's events on separate posts, and anticipated what news was about to come out. I posted links to many major media outlets, for daily, network-by-network coverage.

I can only assume, people are too stupid to look up the word, "upfront", to see what an "upfront" is: the events the networks use to announce their new shows, their cancellations and what other programming services do. They do this the same time every year. Have for years. And, for three years in a row, I gave members plenty of places to post this information, so people could get an entire perspective of what's coming and going on their television sets.

And, what do they do? Apparently they choose a THREE-YEARS-OUT-OF-DATE-THREAD to breathlessly announce, that "Grey's Anatomy" got renewed. (And frankly, "Grey's Anatomy" getting renewed, is really the ONLY thing that belongs in a thread about 2017, because, well, it's "Grey's Anatomy" :rolleyes: ) While every year, the treads I start grow cobwebs, because nobody seems to need the information...so long as they can put theirs into a 2017 thread.

Please - consider this an earnest thread crap, if it offends your good intentions to keep us all up to date on what's happening in 2017. If it puts your nose out of joint, TAKE THE INITIATIVE TO START A FRESH THREAD! I've done all I can to keep this stuff current, encompassing, and relevant.

I give up.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  18. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

19. Matthew Tate

it really is

20. Matthew Tate

man with a plan canceled after this season finishes despite getting better ratings this year than last year. the heck

good girls has been renewed even though its rating are less than 1/2 of man with a plan

davidb1 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  21. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Sadly network tv is like eating peanut butter and jelly sandwich ..
    every night..

22. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I like Man With A Plan. I also like Bless This Mess and, especially, Single Parents. I will miss those shows.

Glad Emergence got cancelled. Watched the first few episodes because it seemed to have an interesting plot, but it veered off into Soap Opera Hell, like many similar shows that came before it, by introducing way more new questions than answering existing ones (Lost, The Blacklist, Person of Interest, etc.)

Glad Stumptown is back, though it was teetering on that Soap Opera Hell too with a Long Story Arc. Though, they finished the season strong and answered many questions after just a few episodes of being introduced.

Evil is another show I really like and glad it is back. I just wish it wasn't a half-season series. 10 or 11 shows per year isn't really enough episodes for a series drama on network TV. One reason is people forget about it and then lose interest when the next season begins. Then the ratings start to suffer and gets shuffled to a bad night and time slot, eventually getting even worse ratings causing it to get canned. I don't know how many shows over the years got good ratings in its first year, only to get shuffled to a bad time slot and then die a quick death. I hope Evil stays in its original good time slot for the remainder of its run.

23. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Plus 1 here for Stumptown, one of my favourite shows from last season, and also for Good Girls which I also really enjoy. Hopefully The Good Fight will also be renewed, although I'm still waiting for Rose Leslie to come back...

24. MikaelaArsenault

25. MikaelaArsenault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.