Grrrrr: The Black Metal ~ Death Metal Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dreadnought, Oct 24, 2016.

1. 100423

100423 Traversing The Dream

I like some of the releases on both lists. I don't care for some of the releases on both lists. I'm not an elitist and I'm not only into 'corporate watered down metal" that some of the biggest advertising labels in the scene are trying to force feed me.
    Who gives a ****? Let's move on...

lenny nero and Dreadnought like this.
  2. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn. Thread Starter

If you're a fan. Or really, really old! :D

[​IMG]

"8 more days until this gem is out.
    https://plastichead.com/item.aspx?catno=AM006LPBOX
    VINYL 1 - ORIGINAL ALBUM DE MYSTERIIS DOM SATHANAS, REMASTERERED FROM THE ORIGINAL DAT TAPES
    BONUS VINYL 1- INSTRUMENTAL REHEARSAL OSLO: SKIPPERGATA, FEBRUARY 10TH, 1992
    BONUS VINYL 2 - INSTRUMENTAL STUDIO REHEARSAL OSLO: MØLLERGATA, MAY 16TH, 1992
    BONUS VINYL 3 - INSTRUMENTAL ROUGH MIX: GRIEGHALLEN, BERGEN JUNE 22ND-29TH,1992
    BONUS VINYL 4 - VOCAL SESSION, GRIEGHALLEN,BERGEN APRIL 30TH-MAY 2ND 1993
    BOOK: 96 page book with a series of in depth interviews casting Light and Darkness on the recording process and the glory days of Mayhem making history in the early 90’s, such as Pytten, Hellhammer, Attila, Necrobutcher, Nocturno Culto of Darkthrone, Bård `Faust” Eithun of Emperor, Shagrath of Dimmu Borgir, Dr. Best of Mysticum, Steinar “Sverd” Johnsen of Mortem/Arcturus, Erik Danielsson of Watain, Tore Bratseth of Old Funeral, Ivar and Grutle of Enslaved, HBM Majesty of Mare/Vemod/Dark Sonority, Nergal of Behemoth, Silenoz of Dimmu Borgir and Jørgen Lid Widing (lyric scrolls). Liner notes by Finn Håkon Rødland, Metalion, Iver Sandøy of Solslottet studio, and Maniac."

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Scope J, 100423, lenny nero and 2 others like this.
  3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Excellent. I like how you can import your artists library and playlists from Apple Music and Spotify. And I like the algorithm generated playlists (i.e. Mix 1-5, artist Radio stations, curated Metal playlists) a lot more that Apple’s playlists. Tidal’s generated playlists based on your listening habits are a lot more forgiving if you happen to listen to some non-metal lol.

lenny nero, Deuce66 and Dreadnought like this.
  4. Dreadnought

[​IMG]

I was thoroughly enjoying this album when with a look-see within the environs I saw a trailer for the album with the most Beguiling description.

"Devil With No Name is black metal combining the attitudes of a cut-throat western past and those of the great beast of rebellion. Devil With No Name is the pariah that stands apart from hordes with names, the fallen angel once buried in chains beneath the sun, now left to wander with pistol revolver in hand. As a band based out of Phoenix, Arizona and inspired by the vast harsh landscapes surrounding, black metal is no longer a genre requiring blistering snow and white mountain tops. Devil With No Name include smembers Andrew Markuszewski (Lord Mantis, Sonoran Rebel Black Magick) on guitars and vocals, Michał Juśko (Sovereign) on bass and vocals, and Cody Stein (Void Omnia) on drums. The album features artwork by Rodrigo Pereira Salvatierra. Devil With No Name takes particular aesthetic influence from the spaghetti western films of Sergio Leone. Indeed the logo of the band and to an extent the presentation of the release on LP has a look that would seem appropriate for an old western film if on laserdisc if but in a sinister vein. The self-titled debut unleashes a stadium black metal soundscape."
    $4 Devil With No Name, by Devil With No Name

Tracklist:
    1. Grand Western Apostasy 00:00
    2. Alleluia 06:32 :cool:
    3. Sycophants of the Covenant 11:30
    4. Monad 15:22

Tomorrow

M2225, lenny nero and cjefferys like this.
  5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Really old lol. I have 2 copies on CD. My first copy is Century Black records but I didn’t feel cvlt enough so I got a Deathlike Silence repress from The End Records.

6. SlevinKelevra

SlevinKelevra Forum Resident

the use of "you" was both collective and singular; albeit unclear.

you said the Howls of Ebb was the only thing that stood out; there were 2 lists being compared. It is quite logical to assume the implied meaning otherwise.

Oh well, just ignore me, I'm a useless ahole with nothing of value to contribute.
    Thanks.

7. Dreadnought

Sorry but...(jeez when I get hooked :rolleyes: )
    Devil With No Name
    [​IMG]

Alleluia!

[​IMG]

Brenald79 and lenny nero like this.
  8. cjefferys

cjefferys Forum Resident

Looks great but a bit too rich for my blood. I wish I could buy the book separately, I'd definitely grab that!

Dreadnought likes this.
  9. cjefferys

cjefferys Forum Resident

Heh, I guess they aren't, thanks for checking sir!

Deuce66 likes this.
  10. Dreadnought

Yeah I paused when I saw £120. :laugh:

11. Dreadnought

For a limited time the album is $1 EUR. I loosened my purse strings.
    Saga á tveim tungum II: Eigi fjǫll né firðir, by Árstíðir lífsins

Analyzed: Árstíðir lífsins / Saga á tveim tungum II: Eigi fjǫll né firðir
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DR Peak RMS Duration Track
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DR11 -0.45 dB -14.54 dB 6:10 01-Ek býð þik velkominn
    DR10 -4.86 dB -18.46 dB 3:53 02-Bróðir, var þat þín hǫnd
    DR7 -0.13 dB -8.35 dB 10:09 03-Sem járnklær nætr dragask nærri
    DR7 -0.13 dB -7.78 dB 7:59 04-Gamalt ríki faðmar þá grænu ok svǫrtu hringi lífs ok aldrslita
    DR10 -5.41 dB -18.84 dB 5:54 05-Um nætr reika skepnr
    DR8 -0.13 dB -9.47 dB 5:30 06-Heiftum skal mána kveðja
    DR6 -0.13 dB -7.42 dB 8:43 07-Er hin gullna stjarna skýjar slóðar rennr rauð
    DR10 -0.13 dB -15.91 dB 8:19 08-Um nóttu, mér dreymir þursa þjóðar sjǫt brennandi
    DR7 -0.13 dB -9.17 dB 17:40 09-Ek sá halr at Hóars veðri hǫsvan serk Hrísgrísnis bar
    Number of tracks: 9
    Official DR value: DR8
    Samplerate: 44100 Hz
    Channels: 2
    Bits per sample: 16
    Bitrate: 866 kbps
    Codec: FLAC

lenny nero likes this.
  12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

New Enslaved single Homebound.

Dreadnought, 100423 and fuzzface like this.
  13. Dreadnought

Damn, I liked that so much I went looking for the album and there is only a single. $1.30 Homebound, by Enslaved

lenny nero and Deuce66 like this.
  14. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

If you were on TIDAL you could listen to it to your hearts content. :cool: :righton:

Gave it a couple of plays, pretty good but I wish the sonics were a little cleaner.

Dreadnought likes this.
  15. 100423

100423 Traversing The Dream

So the new drummer is singing the clean vocals on this? Interesting, the keyboardist used to sing the clean vocals.
    I like the song after one listen-through. I'm looking forward to the full release!

16. Dreadnought

Apparently you need to build your own studio before recording a new album. I'm loving seeing bands at it. :righton:

"Working our magick to build a new shrine for Behemoth to start working on the new opus!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heathen, cjefferys and lenny nero like this.
  17. SlevinKelevra

^
    I wonder if he'll have Rob Darken over to paint some sunwheels
    cool, nonetheless.

18. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

Is that vinyl of I Loved You at Your Darkest that he is signing in that one pic? I can't make it out. That is cool if they do all they painting and renovating themselves. When we form our proggy folk blackened death band I will supervise and you all can do that stuff. :D

100423 and Dreadnought like this.
  19. Dreadnought

Capital idea! I'll get you one of those Hollywood director's chairs, a bullhorn and bull-whip to orchestrate the action. :D

Yeah I thought Behemoth were too big to do their own labour handiwork. I like them even more now! :righton:

I don't know from where I'm familiar with the band Rope Sect so I'm surprised that this from an upcoming debut album. It isn't metal but I like it.

Aug 12

lenny nero likes this.
  20. Dreadnought

I knew I knew Rope Sect from somewhere. The text from their bandcamp is enlightening. Rope Sect - Personae Ingratae, by Iron Bonehead Productions
    "Musically, ROPE SECT's Personae Ingratae does not grind as one expects; in fact, it does not grind it all. Instead, it drifts along in a desolate fog of deathrock, dirty and lonerist, and uncaring for musical "progression" or conventional definitions of "excitement." It simply is DEAD: no fun, no hope, no metal, no life. As each of these anti-anthems of minimalist misery weave their web, that sinewy spiderweb soon becomes a noose around your neck - of fear, and also adoration. This ROPE SECT leads, and you only follow its dictates of Personae Ingratae.

A sneering in the face of the end, a soundtrack for the downfall while enjoying the rest of their days ecstatically: you are Personae Ingratae."

lenny nero likes this.
  21. Dreadnought

A TOV song I've not heard before. Included in deluxe subscribers' issues of Decibel Magazine no. 185, March 2020.
    Format: Flexi-disc, 7", 33 ⅓ RPM, Single Sided, Single, Green Transparent

lenny nero likes this.
  22. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Will you tell us how old you are?

23. SlevinKelevra

old enough to remember that Behemoth cohorting and co-festing with various Polish NSBM bands and figures goes back to their founding.
    old enough to remember a lot of "inconvenient" things about a lot of bands you probably worship.

24. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Common just tell us. What are you so worried about?

25. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

I for one am not enjoying the turn toward negativity and hostility that this thread has taken lately. Chill out everyone and let us just enjoy these types of metal and leave the (non-musical) negativity at the door lest the blind dead come for you.