Rough Trade 50% Off Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hutlock, Mar 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing Thread Starter

putz, GentleSenator, Reese and 2 others like this.
  2. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I was able to get the Music for the Masses box set for $65.

Reese, SJP and hutlock like this.
  3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

So many titles!
    It says the diamond dogs is sold out when I add to cart though

4. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

Secret Machines, Foals, Föllakzoid, Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever, picked up some really good stuff. $49 or more ships free too!

hutlock likes this.
  5. draden1

draden1 Forum Resident

Likewise with The Replacements - Tim.

6. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I figured that I needed a few more Stereolab LPs.

Juggsnelson and SJP like this.
  7. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

It must've sold out quickly—I tried to add it to my cart maybe two minutes after I got the email from Rough Trade and got an error message.

8. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

everythings selling out.
    added some stuff and had to run errands was going to come back finish browsing and checkout, half my stuffs gone now

9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yeah, the last time I remember perusing such a sale at Rough Trade, most everything was gone. I must have ordered at least one album because I already had an account there. This time, I knew to be quick and although I ordered using my phone (which was way wonky to navigate the sale), I managed to secure an order of everything I wanted (The National, Smashing Pumpkins, Keane, King Gizzard, Nick Cave, Kate Bush (cool picture disc!), Stereolab and Wilco). Here's hoping they all actually ship!

10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Dang the band 50 th sold out too

11. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

So pissed I missed the DM Music for the Masses box!

12. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

Are any CD’s 50% off?

13. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Too bad their shipping to Canada is completely ridiculous...$66.51 USD to ship 5 LPs via USPS? No thank you...

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you know i love deals. lots of good stuff still!

hutlock likes this.
  15. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Deals always get me I order stuff I don’t need because it’s on sale and then have no space for it all :help:

Rekkerds and hutlock like this.
  16. hutlock

oh man yes THIS.

17. putz

putz Forum Resident

Lots of good stuff was sold out but managed to spend some money last night.

1x Us, Empress Of, LP
    Standard Black LP.
    $10.50

1x Africa Speaks, Santana, LPx2
    $14.00

1x Surfing With The Alien, Joe Satriani, LPx2
    $13.50

1x Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Jimi Hendrix, 12"+
    $10.00

1x Three Covers, Angel Olsen, 12"
    $7.50

Shipping $0.00
    Subtotal $55.50
    Total $55.50

18. hutlock

It’s just as well to me that a lot of the stuff I wanted was sold out now because otherwise I would have dropped a MINT.

HOWEVER, it stings that I just purchased both the exclusive Angel Olsen 3 Covers and Fontaines DC Darklands Versions EPs at full price not more than 6 weeks ago. DAMN IT.

Still managed to get a few great items though.

19. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

almost all of my order ended up being cancelled, only 2 items are shipping.....the two items i actually wanted the least.

20. putz

putz Forum Resident

Still no word on my order from March 7. They cancelled RSD order I made a couple of years ago and it took them over a week to notify me of that. Deja vu?

21. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

I HATE when they do that. Is it too much to contact the customer and ask if they still want to pay shipping for what they know is filler? Fool me once...

22. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Yeah had I known I would have said cancel it all these two items I only added because I was already getting shipping so why not but stand-alone wasn’t good enough deal

markshan likes this.
  23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

My Rough Trade review.

Who knew 13 days ago this would be delivered at a time when simply leaving the house would not be allowed. Working from home, I was delighted to see the arrival of a sweet box of 7 vinyl titles (aka "vinyls" for you hipsters out there). Unpacked with abandon, washed hands afterwards. Here are my thoughts...

1) Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Distant Sky (live). This one was trouble at first sight. Housed in a clear sleeve, this was likely a return that was resold. The vinyl looked like crap, not unlike what the Discogs reviews stated. Download code not present. Vinyl sounds nice despite its appearance. Keeper at $7.50. Wouldn't be if I paid much more. Need to replay side two and make sure it isn't off-center (I don't think it is but that is one of the complaints). Amazing performances, this is must-own Nick Cave.

2) Kate Bush - Cloudbusting. Another $7.50 gem. Limited edition picture disc, totally redundant if you have the vinyl boxes but it really looks cool. Sounds nice, especially for a picture disc. Listened to once and put it into an album frame...now on my wall.

3) The Smashing Pumpkins - Shiny and Oh So Bright. This one has been on my list (as was Nick Cave). Not sure I realized it was the picture disc version when I dropped the order. All is good, it sounds terrific and came with a working download code. Score for $14.00.

4) Stereolab - Cobra and Phases Group Play Voltage in the Milky Night. I like Stereo lab plenty but was always more partial to The High Llamas. This sale featured at least 3-4 Stereolab 3 LP titles. This one includes the original album across two slabs and a third LP of bonus material. For $16.50, I should have grabbed all of the Stereolab titles. This was a major score.

5) Keane - Cause & Effect. Love this band. Sucked in by colored vinyl and the modest $13.50 price tag.

6) Wilco - Ode To Joy, Like this band. Sucked in by colored vinyl and the more than modest $11.50 price tag.

7) The National - I Am Easy To Find. I listened to snippets of this one upon release and really liked what I heard. Picked up the CD version not all that long ago for pennies but never spent a lot of time with it. This sale had the 2 LP clear vinyl (which I ended up buying for $15.00) and a deluxe version for twice as much. Rare case when I went with the perceived lesser version and think I made the right choice. What a beautiful album.

The only item that didn't ship was a King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard album variant of some sort that I am not certain if it will eventually ship or not. Certainly not overly concerned. The Rough Trade sales are such that you need to get in early and fast for the best selection. This was a rare case when I was able to do so. I really have no regrets with the stuff that I ended up getting.

hutlock likes this.
  24. hutlock

It ain’t 50% off but there is a 48 hour Flash Sale going on right now.

Sale – Rough Trade

As usual some great stuff in here but you need to hurry up if you want it. I managed to grab the Marianne Faithful 60s singles album that’s been on my wish list since release day and the Pop Group archival LP, and tossed in a Colemine label 7” that I don’t have to get free shipping.

GentleSenator and SJP like this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

their site is so hard to navigate. any tips, oracle of bargain hunting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.