Portable stereo(cd) recommendations

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Algo_Rhythm, May 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Algo_Rhythm

Algo_Rhythm Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm looking for a portable stereo with a cd player(possibly one that holds up to three cds at least so I can play a double without having to change it).

So far it's between these two for me but I'm open to suggestions for others.

https://www.amazon.com/LG-CM4590-XB...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CCVRYF1RCDTDAJVPXZEM

https://www.amazon.com/Sharp-CD-BH9...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PXZG3K6N968997AGHCE0

Also, it doesn't have to have a cassette player(like the second one but it's ok if it does). I imagine most these days don't anyway.

With the first one I would be a bit concerned if I got it with the sub woofer only because I live in an apartment and don't want something too loud.

Also, I'm looking to spend 300 or less if possible.Thanks.

2. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

If you want something that isn't all plastic and "Darth Vader"-looking, search for "Denon mini stereo system" or "Onkyo mini stereo system" and see if one of these has the features you want at a price you can afford.

Algo_Rhythm likes this.
  3. Algo_Rhythm

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not that caught up on it having to be 100 percent portable or it having to be a "boom box" just something that doesn't need to be sprawled all over and is at least somewhat compact. Thanks for the tips. I'll look into those.

Another possibililty that I didn't mention is the Bose wave stereo system. While those are very compact(though not that portable)they tend to cost a bit more(over 4 or 500 if I'm not mistaken).

4. pez

pez Forum Resident

Yes the Denon mini systems tend to be very good in my experience for a little set up.
    Denon D-M41DAB review | What Hi-Fi?

SimonSaysCake likes this.
  5. Algo_Rhythm

Do you know if it comes with a cd player or cd changer? I couldn't tell from that review. I'm looking for one where you can put more than one cd in at a time and let it play to the next one. I don't need one with a capacity of more than 3 though.

6. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

Yes, most of these have a CD player, but few have a multi-CD player. You could play longer pieces from your phone via Bluetooth.

Onkyo has a super sale going on right now:
    CS-265(B) | Onkyo USA

Algo_Rhythm likes this.
  7. Algo_Rhythm

Thanks. I might go with one of my original choices though. I don't have my heart set on a multi cd player but it is my preference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.