Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Interesting, had no idea. Thx.

groovelocked and Juggsnelson like this.
  2. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Hey finally got a real update: it's in Motown this morning. Hopefully will get it early next week!

Juggsnelson likes this.
  3. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Those sleeves can emit gasses that cloud records.,.and not just the ones contained in the sleeve either. Luckily the U2 hype sticker peels right off so you can apply it to a replacement non PVC sleeve.

4. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Sorry for the off-topic question, but are these the heavy, thick sleeves, often with flaps, like MOV used to use?

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

So no Memorial Day weekend 15% off coupon, what's up with that? I dropped an order on Friday morning for one of the Split Enz vinyl 5/22 reissues because those seemed to be disappearing everywhere (particularly because Mental Notes had already gone backorder on the DD site). I swore that I'd be burned by a coupon later that day, that is just my luck.

Perhaps pandemic demand and ability to effectively ship means they don't need to put coupons out there. On a related note, the eBay price spike on importCDs remains in place despite the return of the 20% off $65+ as evidenced by the prices of the stuff in my cart compared with the current ask. What was once a difficult promotion to resist has become rather easy to pass up.

6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yep, that’s the kind we are talking about.

latheofheaven likes this.
  7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I am also pretty shocked by the lack of a coupon, but DD moves in mysterious ways!

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  8. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

Got Soundgarden yesterday. Hope it restocks soon for y'all.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  9. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

They are currently running a 10%/15% off Buy More Save More sale on Horror and Sci-Fi. I don't think they run site wide 15% off sales while the Buy More Save More sales are in progress. It kind of defeats the purpose of trying to get customers to "Buy More". Current sale ends 5/31/20.

Juggsnelson and black sheriff like this.
  10. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

this particular PVC sleeve on U2 has no flap- it’s open at the top, has a textured finish instead of smooth like picture discs usually come in, and the silver ‘equal’ sign that was a sticker on the original is printed on the outer PVC. It’s VERY unnecessary. I easily pealed the white 10th anniversary sticker off and put it on the shrink and into a Blake outer sleeve. NO PVC or plastic covers stay on or near my records.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  11. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

15% off through noon Central Wednesday with code FLOWERS

latheofheaven, Reese, elsanto and 5 others like this.
  12. Juggsnelson

You beat me to it lol!!

13. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

THANK YOU!!!!!

14. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I think we’ve already bought all the good stuff from the Blowout bin. :laugh: Anyone have any recommendations that haven’t already been posted? I’ve got the Neil Young and Green Day in my cart.

15. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

You're the man!

16. Juggsnelson

The Music on Vinyl releases in the bin are all great! Search by MOV. The Mink Deville/Willy Deville "Collected" is a steal. Same goes for Dead or Alive "Nude" and the Dusty Springfield. Willy Deville lines up pretty well taste-wise with Neil and Green Day.

17. Juggsnelson

Mick Jagger "Wandering Spirit" is excellent as well.

18. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks. :thumbsup: I picked up the Mink Deville after your last recommendation but all of those posts were deleted. Someone here, or a gort, doesn’t like when we discuss Deep Discount deals or recommendations to help get us to the $25 free shipping.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

surely there HAS to be something worth getting... uh, @hutlock ??

latheofheaven and black sheriff like this.
  20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yet the amazon deal thread continues to drift into "don't shop at amazon" arguments.

anyway it looks like loading up on some assorted mccartney & jagger vinyl might be the sweet spot since i purchased all the good stuff last week!

latheofheaven and black sheriff like this.
  21. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

latheofheaven, GentleSenator and SJP like this.
  22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

actually found some vinyl i'd personally recommend that might be buried in the blowout bin/depths of music culture:

maxwell - blacksummers' night: $8.77 - i took a gamble on this one and was really pleased. a really enjoyable album.
    Maxwell blackSUMMERS'Night on DeepDiscount

entrance - book of changes: $6.20 - some folky/chamber pop indie. pretty good reviews. i'd never heard of 'em, but this is enjoyable.
    Entrance Book Of Changes on DeepDiscount

zola jesus - taiga: $6.76 / $745 (clear) - at this price it'd be a crime not to get it or at least give zola a shot. she's remarkable, and this would be a nice place to whet your whistle if you're unfamiliar.
    Zola Jesus Taiga on DeepDiscount
    Zola Jesus Taiga on DeepDiscount

heliotropes - over there that way: $6.08 - some more indie rock, with hints of neo-psych.
    Heliotropes Over There That Way on DeepDiscount

Mike6565, ATMP, latheofheaven and 3 others like this.
  23. Juggsnelson

How strange! I remember you buying it lol! The Sons of Apollo record is pretty good if you dig prog.....Soto is a great singer but the lyrics aren't the greatest. If you like Everclear that Art Alexakis record is enjoyable.

Dan, latheofheaven and black sheriff like this.
  24. Juggsnelson

Totally agree on Maxwell.

latheofheaven and GentleSenator like this.
  25. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Speaking of country, I'm probably the last person one would accuse of being a country fan but I still like a bit of folk and Americana. A friend of mine tossed me a CD by Over The Rhine a while back and I've since gathered a handful of their CDs out of cheapie bins.

While I've always heard more slo-core/folksy/Americana with some seriously dark lyrical themes in OTR, I also have heard them described as alt-country. Regardless, I present this recommendation from the blowout bin...

Over the Rhine Love & Revelation on DeepDiscount

[​IMG]
    Over The Rhine ‎– Love & Revelation
    Label:
    Great Speckled Dog ‎– GSD 110
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    US
    Released:
    15 Mar 2019
    Genre:
    Rock