USPS Tracking - what are your current experiences?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by George P, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

That’s insane.

I’m sympathetic toward their budget shortfalls and employees having to work through this global pandemic, but how does this sort of routing even happen???

2. George P

George P Notable Member Thread Starter

My last 10 or so shipments from Amazon all came via UPS, and they were small packages. Seems even Amazon has given up on USPS.

3. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

So am I, and I am trying now not to get pissed if package delayed - 1 week or 4 will make little difference.
    But this is so weird...

jason202 likes this.
  4. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

9 weeks for a small package to Ireland. Held up at S.F. USPS for a plane for 7 weeks. Virus fun.

5. Tom B

Tom B Forum Resident

I am awaiting two items.

The Miles Davis On The Corner boxset has so far gone from Crozet, Virginia, to Greensboro, NC, and then onto Dallas where it disappeared for a couple days - all fine- it's imminent as I live just down the i45 in Houston!

Except it turned up two days later in Los Angeles and has not moved for four days since. It has gone all the way across the country, now needs to go 3/5 way back again. Quality.

An Invisible Astro Healing Quartet lp was 'in possession' at a Chicago USPS office on 16th May and has just shown up, 8 days later - 41 miles away! Yay! Should be mine by Christmas.

I hope the music is as entertaining as the USPS system.

George P likes this.
  6. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

I have an item hung up at my regional facility for a week. I am afraid the label may have been damaged. It keeps going out and back to the same facility. The tracking gets wiped every time it gets updated and only reports the last "departed" time. Here is some of the tracking I was able to capture, all from the same facility. :realmad:

I have a lost mail search open hoping my local Postmaster can get back to me with some feedback. i did get an acknowledgement that the search was opened with my local Postmaster's name. I've opened searches before with little luck. Hope maybe this time will be different because the facility is close by and the last location before my local P.O.

May 24 - departed facility at 4:16 PM
    May 24 - departed facility at 12:59 AM
    May 23 - departed facility at 8:04 AM
    May 22 - departed facility at 3:53 PM
    May 22 - departed facility at 12:20 PM

Thursday, May 21, 2020 4:22 PM MELVILLE , NY PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    Thursday, May 21, 2020 7:46 AM MELVILLE , NY PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:42 AM MID NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility

Monday, May 18, 2020 10:57 AM MID NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

7. zacata88

zacata88 Well-Known Member

From my experience it seems the worst is over.

I had a package that got scanned in Seattle on April 9, and didn't receive another scan until it showed up in my doorstep last Tuesday.

I had four other packages that all disappeared in the Chicago and/or Jersey City hubs for three weeks to over a month, and they all (four unrelated/independent shipments) got dropped off this morning.

recstar24 and Rodz42 like this.
  8. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I got an annoying one...

Amazon AND USPS tracking says may item was dropped off in my mail box, yesterday, May 25 at 4:19 pm... only problem with that is (besides the fact that there wasn't anything in my mail box) that yesterday was Memorial Day and there weren't any USPS deliveries. And I didn't get it today either. And to further make things annoying, there's no option in my amazon order page to dispute this - only to return it, NOTHING on how to address the fact that I didn't receive it.

patient_ot likes this.
  9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Have you tried to contact an Amazon associate ?

10. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Yeah, there was a recording saying how they're extra busy due to covid, and how they're prioritizing calls or whatever, and then they just straight up hung up on me. Seriously!

11. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

LOL.

I don't know what would be faster, a call to an Amazon associate, or to the state unemployment office.

12. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Good news. Had a Priority Mail small box drop in 2 days and got delivered on Memorial Day.

George P likes this.
  13. Myke

LOL.

I wouldn't know as I've never needed either.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  14. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Album shipped from Russia on April 10th. Still not here.
    Album shipped from Latvia, April 16, arrived today.
    Album from Staten Island, shipped April 29, arrived today.
    Album shipped from Portland, Maine on May 21, then to Nashua, NH, now in Raleigh. I’m in Massachusetts.
    I’ve had albums go through San Juan, PR for some weird reason.

15. Myke

My anti-diarrheal and ketchup both arrived from Amazon.

Gumboo likes this.
  16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I suspect it might be because you live in Undisclosed! ;)

Jack and George P like this.
  17. Myke

Could've been funny, had he not said the state.

Jack likes this.
  18. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

Status
    Delivered
    May 25, 2020 at 8:48 am

Delivered, In/At Mailbox

BELLINGHAM, WA 98229

Shipped with USPS

19. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

So did you actually get that in your mailbox at 8:48 am?
    Mine was after 4pm, and even if my local USPS had deliveries on Memorial Day, they never come that late - been living here for almost 20 years, and the postman has ALWAYS come by noon. Regardless, I did check my mail after I saw the delivery notification, and there was nothing in my mailbox anyways, not that package, and not any regular mail.

20. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

yes!
    it was delivered.

ORDER PLACED
    May 22, 2020
    delivered May 25
    no special shipping. free with order size.

other items ordered at same time haven't shipped yet.
    expected delivery June 2

21. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

17 days so far for a first class USPS package mailed May 11th going from Ohio to me in Michigan. Was supposed to arrive May 16th. Of course it had to spend some time in Pittsburgh...cuz why go from Ohio straight to Michigan when you can spend time in lovely Pittsburgh. Then spent 8 days sightseeing in Detroit and finally departed there a couple days ago but still nothing but "in transit". Unreal.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    patient_ot and Planbee like this.
  22. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

The Detroit main post office has been a mess since this Beer Virus came to town. My friend's workplace sent an envelope from their legal office in Southfield (on the Detroit border, no less) to an employee's house in Detroit and it took two weeks to arrive. Normally 1-2 days.

I'm still waiting on a rectifier tube shipped from the UK over a month ago. Normally a week or two.

patient_ot likes this.
  23. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

USPS Tracking is currently down and seems to be down at least once a week. Good ol' lowest bidder programming, I suppose. The Informed Delivery app is total garbage as well, at least on Android.

P.S. I had a DHL package arrive from Singapore in 2 days (!) this week.

24. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

been working just fine here

25. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Recently had a USPS Priority package take ~2 weeks from a city 4 hours away. It moved pretty quickly to my area but sat in a sorting facility for several days. Still better than the current situation with FedEx though (horrible). The only shipper in my area that is delivering mostly on time is UPS. Also Lasership, but not too many companies use them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.