Roger Waters "Us + Them" Concert Film

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Yucateco

Yucateco Well-Known Member

So if a super limited deluxe thingy is provable signed by the artist but with a different name, does that make the box super exclusive since it is actually one of a kind or would it be worth less? Like for example there are 996 boxes signed Roger Waters but 4 boxes with different names that are known of. Sounds a bit like are rare misprint of a stamp. Honest question since I don’t collect these things.

2. No. I find it hilarious, in the tradition of British humourists such as Spike Milligan who produced a whole series of letters (or was it William Donaldson?), to important people and organisations, supposedly signed by Henry Root (an time-waster of the highest order), that eventually ended up in a book with the responses to the letters as well.

Technically the "Limited Edition" signed by Roger Waters is what they were, just not signed as Roger Waters.

BTW The one signed Wages Terror is worth a fortune.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    dlokazip likes this.
  3. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

For anyone who previously bought this when it was available for only a few days, the doc and two bonus videos are now streaming at the end of the feature.

4. ...from the 16th of June, yes?

5. rontoon

No, now for some of us....

For anyone who previously bought this when it was available for only a few days....

CDS AudioFiles likes this.
  6. Choba b CCCP

Choba b CCCP Forum Resident

During his 2018 world tour RW took time to sign autographs for his fans (whatever long the queue was) some 3-4 hours before the show. I personally managed to take them twice this way in different cities. I don't know many famous people who take their own ~30 minutes every touring day time to carefully sign autographs for anybody. Very kind of him.

7. rontoon

After a few more views I don't mind STR being cut and included as a bonus video. Comfortably Numb is surprisingly moving. What was Roger thinking?

One other thing, the main feature is now in 5.1. The bonus tracks have a 5.1 signal but nothing is coming out of the rears.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    SteveFff, Deek57 and coffeetime like this.
  8. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

It doesn't, it makes him human.

9. rontoon

I don't understand how being human excuses his behaviour. Posnera summed it up quite succinctly.

markmck79 likes this.
  10. Choba b CCCP

What's the problem with RW signing anything with another name but his own? You're supposed to believe it is him anyway. It’s his handwriting after all. Or else how can you prove it was he who signed it as "Roger Waters"? I wouldn't mind at all, it’s a joke and quite a rarity. There are lots and lots of his average "Roger Waters" autographs, and you get something different, that’s cool.

11. rontoon

Did you buy one of the $500 boxes and get a joke signature?

Lost In The Flood and posnera like this.
  12. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

I guess if it isn't what you wanted you could flip it on eBay. We're not talking about life and death here.

13. rontoon

Why do folks go to such extremes to defend what he did? He's only human. It's not life and death. Geeze, you can say that about any forum topic being discussed.

14. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I was one of those who played down your concerns yesterday. But I recognize I was wrong to do so. If you have paid a high amount of money for an item to be personalized then that should have been respected.

Roger should have realised that or one of his people should have reminded him that people had paid a lot for this item and re-signed some extra and binned the joke ones.

zinan, coffeetime and rontoon like this.
  15. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

I'm not talking about any other topic but this one. Keep in mind this is a first world problem. We are all Pink Floyd/Waters fans and we tend to get quite emotional about the commerce. I'm going to shut up after this because I'm quite sure I'm not as invested in this conversation and probably should have stayed out of it.

coffeetime and rontoon like this.
  16. Choba b CCCP

No, I didn't. In fact, I think I wouldn't.

rontoon likes this.
  17. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

If you have to ask...

Lost In The Flood and rontoon like this.
  18. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

I did buy one of the boxes. Would I have been cheesed off had I received one with a 'funny' signature? Not sure - maybe a bit. I can understand why someone might be a bit resentful of forking out $500 for a box set only to be the butt of one of Roger's 'jokes'. Pretty sure if you had written to the distributor and complained they would have sent out a standard 'Love R' version. I did not buy the set for his signature (which wasn't his signature) anyway. He was good enough to give me that for free when I bumped into him in Budapest....

Hattipper and Choba b CCCP like this.
  19. richard wilberforce

richard wilberforce Forum Resident

I got one that said Love R

If i'd remembered i'd have taken the book when i saw him in 2018 and got him to sign it properly, Instead he signed a virgin copy of the wall (pink Floyd Version) for me. That will probably have more value in the long run (if anyone believes albums are legitimately signed these days)

As an aside (and in relation to Pink Floyd/Waters fans) Marc Maron interviews GE Smith on his recent podcast, and GE comments on the obsessiveness of Waters/Floyd fans over all other he has toured and played with (which inludes names such as Dylan, Bowie, Rolling Stones etc) He basically suggests we are the most obsessive of all.

xfilian and coffeetime like this.
  20. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Are the extras still showing up for you? Though I can still watch the main film, extras (2 tracks + mini-doc) haven’t been available for me. The button was there yesterday but led to a screen saying “not available “.

21. rontoon

Still on Amazon at the end of the feature (not separately).

pablorkcz likes this.
  22. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Preorder is now live for the physical versions

23. SlimLee

SlimLee Forum Resident

CD Tracklist and details are HERE on his website.

CD 1
    1. Intro
    2. Speak To Me
    3. Breathe
    4. One of These Days
    5. Time
    6. Breathe (Reprise)
    7. The Great Gig in the Sky
    8. Welcome to the Machine
    9. Déjà Vu
    10. The Last Refugee
    11. Picture That
    12. Wish You Were Here
    13. The Happiest Days of Our Lives
    14. Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
    15. Another Brick in the Wall Part 3
    CD 2
    1. Dogs
    2. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
    3. Money
    4. Us & Them
    5. Brain Damage
    6. Eclipse
    7. The Last Refugee (Reprise)
    8. Déjà Vu (Reprise)

Interestingly, it seems like the tracks exorcised from the film are also absent on the audio release. Plus the alternative versions of tracks played over the credits are included. Shame really, I was hoping to hear them all fully integrated into the set. Regardless, looking forward to hearing it at the end of September.

ARK and pinktree1 like this.
  24. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

From the Blu Ray listing it doesn’t look like Smell the Roses and Comfortably Numb are even there as extras so I might buy a 4K version from amazon/iTunes

25. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

It's only available as a rental in iTunes. Weird.