Import CDs Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by townsend, Mar 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

No mate, not just you.

No sign of stuff ordered before 'crisis' even.

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  2. bug2362

bug2362 Forum Resident

Most all of the jewel cases I have received from them are cracked, especially when multiple
    Discs are packaged together

3. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Got my package yesterday of about 25 CDs from the recent sale at their web site. No damage to speak of. Took a month to get to Vancouver from Kentucky because they used RR Donnelly which also charged me a $7.95 handling fee on top of the $64 I paid for shipping. ImportCDs said they might refund this if I send proof, which I did. Now waiting.

4. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Was just about to order a bunch of the EJ SHM Japan discs and the sale pricing disappeared. Sonofa . . .

5. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

$64 shipping for 25 CDs??!!???? WTH!

6. Electric

That's the total shipping for the entire order of 30 CDs - some got sent individually by USPS after the box which arrived before the box. They charge $1.99 per disc + $5.00 base rate to Canada. For that amount they could have used 2nd-day FedEx but I suspect RR Donnelly charges them very little and ImportCDs keeps the rest.

7. Pali Gap

Well I guess if they charge per CD, but it's ridiculous when you consider how small of a box 30 CDs could fit in!

8. Electric

If I wait for the 10% off sale it's worth it as all of what I bought were already cheaper than anywhere else. Still, for the money I wish their shipping method was better.

9. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

They jacked up the eBay prices on most of the 2019 Elton John SHM-CDs but no discounts yet.

10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yes, some eBay prices went way up and the 20% off $65+ disappeared again. It may have to do with an email I received, that they are behind on shipping due to efforts to keep employees safe. They are probably trying to throttle back the new orders.

I'd say mission accomplished.

Strat-Mangler and hobbes4444 like this.
  11. Pali Gap

Wow, I just noticed they really jacked up the prices on just about everything...I had 3 items in my Ebay cart, one went from $18 up to $27!!

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  12. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

Yeah, I have about 20 items in my cart, and prices went up around 30% across the board.

13. robbow99

robbow99 Forum Resident

Do they have a 10% off sale every once in a while? Looking at something on their site (not available on ebay).

14. Electric

Twice a year, but sometimes they sneak in an extra one.

15. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

The eBay sales are back, 20% off $65+ and 10% off 2 items

Strat-Mangler and hutlock like this.
  16. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Bought something from them on ebay. After 5 weeks, nothing. Wrote them asking for a shipping date. Next day, cancellation and money refunded. Which is fine I guess, but they sat on my money for 5 weeks.

17. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Bought many times from them without issue.

Only had an issue once but it was frustrating. Had to return a record and their directions for this were unique and communication was non-existent. After I sent back the record, it was 2 weeks of messages I'd send them requesting an update until I finally threatened to contact my credit card company.

To buy things without any need for returning or exchange, they're fine. But otherwise,...

18. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Is there a current discount code? (main site)

19. Electric

No, but when there is you will see it on their main page.

Scope J likes this.
  20. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

10% off order code SAVE10 now through 6/19!

21. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

Thanks for the coupon code. It's funny because I order from different places, but the bill always comes back from "directtoyou LLC". This must be that big distributor, selling via a number of store fronts.

22. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

Correction : "DirectTou LLC"

23. Electric

Yeah, they also own WOW and DeepDiscountDVD. Generally bare bones customer service, in my experience, but prices can be rock bottom.

dcarwin and Strat-Mangler like this.
  24. poidog

poidog Senior Member

If you pre-order a few cds with different release dates, do they ship individually on each release date?

Thanks

25. Electric

Usually, yes. Keep in mind though that they won't necessarily have the CD on release date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.