Amazon has hit a new low... (Record shipped with no packaging)*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MusicNBeer, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 360-12

360-12 Forum Resident

Fool me once it's your fault; fool me twice it's my fault.

Matthew Tate and RSharpe like this.
  2. :agree:
    Hey, my wife says she still loves me even if I am a nerd. :D

Kevin j likes this.
  3. justice0_14

justice0_14 Active Member

Just send it right back,my nazareth box set came like that and they ruined it...not everyone opens their vinyl!

4. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I got a John Hiatt LP today that was just tossed in a large box with some air pillows.

5. Neil Anderson

Neil Anderson Forum Resident

as far as i can recall, every record i've ordered from amazon came in a cardboard box with some air pillows. never had one arrive damaged.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Knock on wood - always had good luck with Amazon.

7. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

their vinyl deliveries are allover the map. sometimes in a proper vinyl cardboard package. sometimes double boxed. This week I got one in white plastic bag with amazon logo on it.
    I don't always see options when checking out to have it placed in other packaging.

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

How can anyone with common sense expect anything even resembling a set-in-stone rule for packaging from such a behemoth ?

Thousands of employees x dozens of distribution centers per state x 50 states in US alone ?

tmtomh likes this.
  9. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

the days of getting all the items from one order at the same time are gone too. now they ship from so many different locations. I placed an order yesterday, the items are arriving on three different days from two different delivery services.
    I've had multiple amazon deliveries on the same day.

Another thing is the delivery dates change throughout any given day. says it will be delivered one day ends up being much sooner. I've had packages delivered and sat out all night because they were supposed to be delivered the next day. I never heard the driver show up and didn't re-check my tracking.

Myke likes this.
  10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

That post above just reminded me...while taking my grandsons back to their mother a few weeks ago, we actually saw 2 Amazon vans pass each other in the same roundabout ! :laugh:

11. noodles

noodles Forum Resident

I got this here from Amazon Germany yesterday, too. Unbelievable, but true. Cover was damaged, a big cut, Corner damage, mail sticker on the shrink. it goes back like it came for sure. crazy.

12. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

13. charlieo

charlieo Active Member

Hi, I always wished 'Amplified Heart' (EBTG) would be issued on vinyl, and recently discovered that it was, about a year ago. Better late than never. Amazon was out of stock, but their regular price was the best around. I saw a 'used-like new' for sale from their warehouse for ~$17.50, and thought I'd take a chance, probably just some torn plastic on a corner, at worst a dinged corner. No, oh no: they wrapped the album in a plastic bag and then shipped it in another plastic bag, no cardboard to be found. The cover was bent in a few places across the top, and the top left looks like there's some water damage. The vinyl looked great, but unless they were willing to let me keep it for free, I needed to order a regularly priced copy. I reported this to the rep I spoke with, who agreed that this was an unacceptable shipping method. Anyway, I wanted to share this, I'm kinda surprised, but luckily they had 4 copies back in stock so I re-ordered.

14. Pushpaw

Pushpaw Forum Resident

Got Neil Young - Harvest Moon the other day from Amazon.ca and it arrived without packaging. Just a shipping label on the shrink wrap. First time that happened to me. Luckily no damage. But I was bewildered to say the least.

15. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Not music, but this is a classic.

I bought a new 32" 4K Monitor for my home PC. Got it from Amazon, and it arrived today. There was a cable issue which I won't go into - but the funniest thing was they shipped it to me with a German plug, and no way to plug it into the wall in the UK.

Now I lived in Germany for a time, and have the adapters to hand. But seriously.....

16. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

I am assuming these are actual Amazon warehouse albums correct? No resellers. I would complain and return every album shipped that way. That is not right. Plus, it can even cause more porch thefts and or neighbor problems. For example, let’s say this happens with books. You are a graduate student doing a thesis of WWII dictators and their mindset. You order Mein Knopf as one of your sources for info. The driver leaves that thing laying cover out against your door. People walking by may get the wrong impression.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  17. jfine

jfine Forum Resident

SERIOUSLY? Just arrived laying on my doorstep. I mean if it aint damaged. Still, I like to keep things in shrink if possible, not with that huge sticker.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    WisFish likes this.
  18. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

You can check the "ship in an Amazon box" option, but then they'll put it in a box that's too big for a record and let it just rattle about in there. It's a roll of the dice no matter what you do.

19. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Is this an option for records only or anything? I don’t recall ever seeing it. Once I had something not shipped in a box but luckily its packaging was solid. Then there was the fiasco with the Batman Animated Series set housed in a cheap box. Took three tries to get that sent right in a box. The first two came in cheap plastic bags and were crushed. The third one came loose in a box. A corner was damaged but I considered it a win.

20. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

I think it's on an item-by-item basis, I've seen it as an option for other things as well. I'm not sure if it's an option for every single record but it seems to be common in that category.

Pizza likes this.
  21. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I received a record from Amazon today also just in the shrink wrap. The sleeve was really best up/creased so I refused delivery. I contacted Amazon and was told I need to select “amazon packagin” at check out if I buy from a third party.

Myke likes this.
  22. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

I've disassociated my music listening hobby from Amazon. As I've posted elsewhere, after ripping me off on music file download-ability and switching out files for different versions, I take my business elsewhere. There are other places to buy vinyl.

Myke likes this.
  23. WisFish

WisFish Dig Them Grooves

Now it’s a crossover collectible, a record and postal cover! :goodie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.