Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Well it's over 14 days and no sign of my Amazon refund, unfortunately my card issuer has also abandoned customer service, online links for a charge back just go in circles whilst phones go unanswered, as said up thread big companies are indeed playing deaf.

2. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Do you have a government representative who might be wiling to help? From your description, both Amazon & your card company are breaking the law.

3. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Well Amazon claimed they did a refund, but it should have arrived in a few days, also they didn't send me a copy of the online chat, if I could actually speak to someone over the phone I'm sure they'd do it properly, likewise my card company would do a chargeback if I could speak to them, the problem in both cases is the lockdown means you can't actually speak to anybody dealing with customer problems. My credit card is through my bank so I may go into the branch and see if they can help, but due to the lockdown they are opening shorter hours and I'm not even sure what those hours are, it's all turning a bit Kafkaesque.

imarcq and moomoomoomoo like this.
  4. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Good luck Mart! Sounds like a bit if a sh!tstorm! Hope you get some eventual resolution.

Dubmart and moomoomoomoo like this.
  5. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Wouldn’t bother going to the bank as all we can do is call the credit card line like you..and due to covid restrictions if you can do it yourself ..that’s the path to follow ..all about essential banking in branches only to protect staff and customers due to the queues ... I’m controlling the doors (what fun) and queues ...I’m amazed at how long elderly people will queue to pay a £6 Cheque in thats valid for 6 months

Dubmart and imarcq like this.
  6. moomoomoomoo

I'm copying a post from another board that clearly explains the incoming postage increases:

Details of the new shipping prices. Note the section in RED. (Direct Link: https://tamebay.com/2020/06/royal-ma...increases.html)
    Royal Mail International Business Contract USA price increases

By Chris Dawson June 1, 2020 - 11:38 am

From Wednesday the 1st of July 2020, if you use Royal Mail International Business Contract to ship to the USA, you will see increased prices for International parcel services and the introduction of a new ‘Rest of World Zone A (USA)’. There are no changes to letter and large letter prices for Royal Mail International Business Contract customers.

You will want to adjust your prices on marketplaces and your website to take account of the new prices and supplements as for some these will be significant price rises. If you purchase postage through a marketplace, you might well expect their prices to rise to take into account the additional expenses by the 1st of July. Bear in mind that you should increase you prices before the 1st of July to take into account sales that may sell in June but ship in July.
    Why will Royal Mail International Business Contract customers see increased USA costs?
    Royal Mail say that these prices changes are the result of exceptional cost increases outside of their control:
    • Last year, the UPU agreed to allow the US to set terminal dues/prices themselves from the 1st of July. This met the US administration’s stated objective – to increase how much they charge other countries for delivery. It averted their threat to leave the global network. It will see a significant increase of over 100% in the the rates Royal Mail pay for last mile delivery in the US from the 1st of July.Royal Mail say that they will have to pass on these costs and will not profit in doing so.
    • Royal Mail have seen 95% less air passenger flights as a result of Covid-191 and are having to use air freight instead. This is considerably more expensive. It has led to a five-fold increase in conveyance costs to the US following the outbreak of Covid-19. As a business, Royal Mail say that they have absorbed these costs to date. But, from the 1st of July, they are going to recover their best estimate of future conveyance costs in this financial year.Royal Mail say that they are closely monitoring the cost of conveyance and may reduce prices accordingly in future.
    Royal Mail International Business Contract Temporary Air Carrier Supplement
    In order to manage these increased costs as fairly as possible, Royal Mail have temporarily introduced an Air Carrier Supplement for each country where they have experienced increased costs, which will be charged on the price per kilo. This supplement will be regularly reviewed to reflect changing air carrier costs for the USA and other countries.

To view the latest rates check out ‘Temporary Air Carrier Supplement’ on royalmail.com/prices2020, but currently appears set to be £4.46 per kilo.
    Which Royal Mail International Business Contract services are impacted?
    Parcel prices are changing for the following Royal Mail International Business Contract services to the USA:
    • International Tracked and Tracked & Signed services
    • International Standard Mixed Mail
    • International Standard Parcels

slipkid and imarcq like this.
  7. imarcq

Bugger that! :(

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  8. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

My bank have removed the links from the web site so when you click on it you just go back to the previous menu, if the bank actually have a number that's better than me, but I will take your advice and avoid my branch, life is too short, I've been using the post office and online banking. I'm sure Amazon will refund eventually, I just wish I could talk to someone, no idea why I haven't had a refund already unless the online chat guy forgot to press a button, it happens I guess.

Gavaxeman likes this.
  9. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I rarely ship anything these days, but did send something a couple of months back, the funny thing is it got to the States in about five days, pretty good in a pandemic, but then took a month to travel from East coast to West coast, considering how slow the US postal service appears it's ironic that they are charging so much extra, according to the tracking it actually went part way then back to where it was and started again. I guess I will be looking at couriers and shipping brokers if I have anything big for the States in future, has this actually hit Chinese sellers with very, very cheap postage, I believe that was one of the aims.

10. moomoomoomoo

It's not the UK's fault. This one is all on Trump.

jimhb, Omron, imarcq and 1 other person like this.
  11. moomoomoomoo

The USPS performance has been very inconsistent lately. Likely the causes are covid & extremely low morale. Trump wants to sell them to a private company.

slipkid likes this.
  12. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

13. imarcq

14. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

15. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

16. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

superstar19 likes this.
  17. Chris Treece

They’re not going to honour this. No attempt at a restock when it’s widely available elsewhere. I caved in and bought from my local indie - £16-ish and worth every penny. If Amazon ever come to post, then I’ll have 2 copies!

imarcq likes this.
  18. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Yep it's a shame as it is probably not good for any artist to suffer poor sales from one of the largest if not THE largest retailer Amazon not stocking a new album release due to a pricing error by the retailer

19. imarcq

20. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Can’t be bothered to start a new thread.
    [​IMG]
    £7.99
    This is a deal of the day Mail I got earlier today but have only just seen.
    The Head On The Door

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  21. Chris Treece

Looks like I might have 2 copies after all! Down for delivery on the 17th!

22. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Same here.

23. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Yep same here, fingers crossed

24. imarcq

25. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

imarcq likes this.