The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

Jeremy Brett: Sherlock Holmes - The Six Napoleons (1986)

[​IMG]

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  2. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

Watching “Bordertown” and “White Lines” on Netflix.

3. George P

George P Notable Member

4. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

"The People's Court" & "Judge Judy"

5. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

Dead to Me - Season 2, episode 8.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  6. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Zero Zero Zero. Gets better as it goes along

kanakaris likes this.
  7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Star Trek -original.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  8. Michael

the wife likes Judy...thankfully none of the other "Judge" shows!

Moshe and Grand_Ennui like this.
  9. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

I would agree if I hadn't read the novel! After I watched a few episodes I decided to read the novel before finishing the series. I don't like some of the major changes the series made near the end (beginning with their vacation)--the ending of the novel is far more brutal

10. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Just finished off the final two episodes of The Good Place. Easily in my top 5 shows of all time now. I am thinking of starting a rewatch tonight.

bmasters9 likes this.
  11. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I’ll have to read the book. I’m shocked how good the 3 AppleTV series I’ve seen are (Defending Jacob, The Morning Show, Truth Be Told) despite mediocre reviews and little publicity.

12. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

It's much better. For one thing, it's told from Andy's point of view, so we get his thoughts about what is happening. The author was an assistant DA at one time, so he knows a lot about criminal trials. As I said, until the vacation, the series treatment was quite true to the book--minus Andy's thoughts.

I liked those as well as "For All Mankind." "Servant" Started out well, but it lost its way.

13. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Just finished the first two parts of the 1998 French-Italian Mini-Series of The Count of Monte Cristo, starring Gerard Depardieu and the stunning Ornella Muti. Really enjoying this adaptation, much more over the 2002 adaptation starring Jim Caviezel and Guy Pearce, which I also enjoyed.

Having never read the book, however, I thought I look more into the story where to my surprise, the character of Bertuccio was totally unheard of in the film where his characteristics seemed to have been shared between Jacopo and Abbé Faria. Mini-Series has been a wonderful slow build-up and I'm really looking forward to finishing off the second half this evening.

As for Ornella Muti, surprised to learn of her playing the Princess in the Flash Gordon movie while also playing Stallone's wife in Oscar. Wow, these Italian women are quite something...

14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Bosch (season 6) After a rundown of season 5, which shows how many unresolved issues this series has, there's three old fashioned crime solving episodes, then the whole thing gets tipped on it's head and it's back to the old Bosch. Every cop in Hollywood is so busy solving personal crimes it's a wonder how normal policing is ever done.

Homicide: Life on the Street (season 5). Because this series never found an audience in it's initial run the network and the producers were always messing with it. The first episode of almost every season is two cops walking into the Homicide department taking about why certain detectives are not going to be seen this year (eloping, winning an Emmy, on suspension etc etc) so there's three new cops in this season. The first three episodes have James Earl Jones as a suspect and the whole thing's shot in a completely different way than previous seasons. After that comes the most minimal episode ever (The Subway) which basically shows how crazy the continuity of the show was. Season four is probably the best (even the most boring characters have great scenes) but this season seems to be going for broke so it's worth watching just to see how desperate they get (spoiler .... real desperate).

MikaelaArsenault and Brenald79 like this.
  15. George P

George P Notable Member

Just started with Goliath tonight.

Scope J likes this.
  16. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

The Killing - Season 1
    Criminal Minds - Season 6
    American Crime - Season 1

MikaelaArsenault and FVDnz like this.
  17. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Mythbusters on Science Channel Go

18. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

The Killing was brilliant! Still need to finish Season 4 though - and then maybe I'll check out the Icelandic series The Killing was based off of.

Brenald79 likes this.
  19. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

Does this count? A PBS re-showing of a studio taping from Linda Ronstadt's 1980 tour called Live in Hollywood. Made me remember why she is so great a vovalist. This is prime Linda and her voice is so good and expressive. She could change emotions with her voice on a dime. Only bad moment is that they don't name the band in the credits.

Ok, if that didn't count:
    Fake or Fortune, a BBC show that explores whether British people's fancy bum paintings are exceptional enough to cash in on a famous name. It's not quite like antique roadshow except in the final moments when people find out they are not going to be able to heat the castle with the money they make cashing in the painting auntie Greenwald passed down on her deathbed.

MikaelaArsenault and bmasters9 like this.
  20. Michael

Thriller

21. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Dirty John: The Betty Broderick Story

22. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I think you're dumbing down 'Fake or Fortune' a bit there! It's a fascinating series!

carrick doone likes this.
  23. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

"Bat Masterson"

24. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Mythbusters on Science Channel Go

Jeff Kent likes this.
  25. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Currently watching Community.

Just finished Dead To Me.

I need to go back to Ozark. I stopped watching it during Covid Season because I couldn't stand watching more bad things happen to people.

JackBnimble likes this.