Acoustic Sounds Blue Note 50% off Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ron Jones, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Per the email I just got regular priced APO is included in the current sale.

George P likes this.
  2. teag

teag Forum Resident

But none of the AP items are eligible for discount when you put them in the cart. Even though the Email says it includes AP. Hopefully that will change.

moomoomoomoo and haomingy like this.
  3. moomoomoomoo

I'd suggest calling them if you wish to purchase. I know you shouldn't have to but...............

4. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

I've found that it takes several hours or more sometimes for the website to be updated. But call if you want to get an order in ASAP.

5. jphabc54

jphabc54 Forum Resident

Still no AP as far as I can tell. Anyone see something different? I mean, the sale's been on since 6:00pm eastern last night I think?

6. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

The product pages no longer have the “not eligible for discount” but code still doesn’t apply for me either.

7. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

works for me

8. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Cleared my cookies and cache and now it works.

9. jphabc54

jphabc54 Forum Resident

Thanks -- that was the trick. Discounts showing in a fresh browser.

10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

its also working on the lp sale items they are showing sale prices as a regular price now.

11. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

ok, now its not. guess it was a glitch.

12. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Yesterday's flyer (June 3) says the sale ends in two weeks... so, somewhere around Jun 16.

I'm still working through the stack I've already picked up, but I'm still considering a few more Verve titles that I'm kicking myself for not getting in my last order. I was planning to place an order during the Memorial Day sale, to pick up some other stuff as well, but I got busy and forgot to go back and finish the order, and the current 10% doesn't apply to much that I wanted. So now I'm just deciding if I have enough to make the savings worth the shipping cost (to Canada).

13. moomoomoomoo

Wish they would have added a few more titles.

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Oh, and I just remembered that I never followed up about those APO Direct-to-disc blues LPs. Sorry about that!

Turns out, I only got 3, but I'm pretty happy with them, and may go back for more. I hadn't realized that Kevin Gray was involved, but they all have his signature, so I guess he flew in to cut the sessions at Blue Heaven Studios. A nice bonus.

My favorites are the two Moreland & Arbuckle LPs (vol 1 & 2). I've only listened with headphones so far, but there's a nice bit of extra crunch that really sounds like it's coming off the floor — no sanitizing.

The other one I got was the Roscoe Chenier, which is a little more rootsy; love the groove on this one! The only caveat about this one is that it looks like the second side was not cut D2D. The deadwax says "B2" and says "@ATm" (Acoustech) instead of "@BHS" (Blue Heaven Studios), as for all the others, suggesting that Kevin had to recut it (from tape, presumably) back at the studio. I don't hear a significant difference on my system, and for 10 bucks I'm not going to sweat it, but if I was paying full price for these, I'd like AP to be upfront about stuff like that. (No mention of this at all on the cover or on their site.)

The one thing is that they are all rather short, 10-12 minutes per side, except for that 2nd side of the Roscoe Chenier, which comes in around 17 minutes. That may well be why it had to be recut. Also, there is sometimes 10-15 second gaps between songs, as they get set up for the next song. It's not unlike any live recording, but with no crowd noise — just silence, and maybe the sound of someone plugging something in — it feels slightly awkward. :) All part of the experience, I guess!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  15. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

The total is down again to 176, which means another 20 or so have dropped off the list

16. BRush

BRush Senior Member

These SACDs sounded so good, that I wound up ordering too many times. Unfortunately in a few cases I accidentally ordered the same title twice.
    When I’d call to exchange titles, they implied that there will be great future sales to watch for.

17. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Would you mind clarifying? When you called to exchange your extra sacds, they left you with the impression to wait because there will more sales in the future, meaning that there will more titles to choose from?

18. BRush

BRush Senior Member

I didn’t push for specifics, I simply asked “Do you thing there will be more stuff on sale?” They said yes. This was back in April.

The employees seemed to like moving a lot of product.

Some of the licensing appears to be ending & some of the series, specifically the “Prestige” sacds, were never completed.

AP has released some adventurous titles. Jazz SACDs aren’t necessarily big selling titles.

I picked up a lot of titles that I would not have bought at full price. Let’s hope there’s more

moomoomoomoo and Dr. J. like this.
  19. moomoomoomoo

All the sale Rock SACD's are gone. 29 Jazz titles left.

It also appears the vinyl sale is over & no more free shipping on the 29 sale SACD's. They must have cleared out most of what they wanted to.

20. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

I'm still seeing 176 titles in the sale list, including many rock titles and vinyl.

21. moomoomoomoo

Can you post the link you're using? I tried both the link in the beginning of this thread and the link on A.S.'s banner add on their site & only got 29 jazz SACD's.

22. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Oh, I see. I think you have the link for just the Blue Note titles. The banner for the wider AP sale takes me here:

Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment|Acoustic Sounds

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  23. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  24. moomoomoomoo

25. moomoomoomoo

I just got an email saying Thursday (today) is the last day of the sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.