Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

It's been up since last night. I found quite a few on my list, but I don't think it matches the Target in scope.

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

latheofheaven and black sheriff like this.
  3. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Wish it included Jazz but that's a first world problem :)

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah the Target sale does. And pre-orders too so I wiped out a bunch of the forthcoming Blue Note Tone Poet reissues and the two Coltrane vinyl albums coming out in August as part of the Verve Group’s equivalent series too.

If you are choosing between the two, Target wins this sale hands down.

5. No idea, my RL is likely unbeatable and the MoFi is damn good also. I want the deluxe set, and still plan to grab it if it starts falling significantly in price, but grabbed this in the mean time to hear the remix. Excited to give it a spin

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  6. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Wonderful that the four upcoming Tone Poets and the two upcoming Coltranes = six qualifying titles. Buy four, get two free? Don't mind if I do!

Dignan2000 and hutlock like this.
  7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Agree.

But it doesn't hurt that I saved a $100 Amazon gift card from my May birthday! :winkgrin:

Mike6565, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  8. hutlock

Amen brother! It worked out to a little over $18 per title!!!

latheofheaven, sennj and Gabe Walters like this.
  9. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Looks like no vinyl. I searched on CDs, arranged by price and found 6 CDs for $17 shipped! Lots of good stuff in the $3-$4 range but I already had most of it.

10. struttincool

look again I found 1100 titles

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  11. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

So, easy to miss then!?!? :laugh:

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i have all 3 and they're really pretty different. jump over to the band thread when you give this one a listen and share your opinion!

13. struttincool

picked up Prince: Rainbow Children (sold OG a few years ago), Dire Straits: Makin' Movies (scratched my OG somehow) and Sade: Best of. These have potential of being nice sounding reissues.

superstar19 and dcarwin like this.
  14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Trying to group by price points. Went for King Crimson Audio Diary, Pink Floyd Later Years vinyl but had trouble finding a third item. Ended up mixing it up with a 3 volume paperback box of the first three Expanse novels.

Second order consisted of Max Richter's Ad Astra 2 CD set, Klaus Schulze Timbres of Ice CD and Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska vinyl.

Good to have sat on a $100 GC for a couple weeks.

15. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Doh! Other than those 1100 lps, no vinyl.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  16. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Sorry to add this non buy 2 get 1 item, but it's regarding the Lindsey Buckingham box deal that was posted a few times earlier in the Spring. I just opened up the Amazon Music app and I noticed that my autorip for this cuts way short of the full vinyl tracklist. Their version covers just the first 21 songs (Sides A through D). Anyone else notice this or did anyone get full access?

latheofheaven likes this.
  17. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Got the (cd’s) latest Curtis Mayfield 1970-1974 box, the “What’s That Sound” Buffalo Springfield box, and the Mofi sacd of “Making Movies” for $56. Pretty good!

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

same here. just checked. weird.

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  19. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

20. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Some of you may know it, some of you may not..

But Amazon changes and adds (maybe takes off too) things that are on that 3 for 2 sale.

A few days ago, I ordered 3 titles... Thin Lizzy's Fighting and Jailbreak and King Crimson's Beat..

Today I was skimming my usual lists and I saw new things added . I grabbed Zappa's Sheik Yerbouti and Mothermania and Thin Lizzy's Johnny The Fox. None of those 3 were part of the sale 2 days ago.

Recheck and see if the title you've been after was added to the sale.

21. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member Thread Starter

Yes, the last time they had a similar sale I got so frustrated that I stopped looking. The problem is that I couldn't find much that I wanted, so I would spend some time to find 2 items and add them to my cart with the intention of returning later to find another item. By the time I did that, one of the items already in my cart was no longer part of the promotion. I'd remove that and find something else and then another one of the titles would be off the promotion. Oddly, I noticed that things came and went and came back again. Not sure what the logic behind it was...maybe Amazon was simply hoping that people with this stuff in their cart wouldn't notice the promotion was no longer applied and buy the items anyway? Or maybe it was just random. It really put me off engaging in promotions like this, though, unless I can quickly find enough stuff I want to buy. Given how much physical media I already own it isn't easy for me to find three items I want as odd as that may seem to some of you. I tended to buy almost everything I wanted for a number of years and there just aren't that many new releases that appeal to me.

22. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I've been in this boat before with the 3 for 2 sale. On one of the past sales, I added GNR's Use Your Illusion II just to get a third one. It arrived damaged. Then the replacement arrived damaged. The free one never got satisfied. It still irks me and I hate to do the sale because I get a relatively high number of damaged lps from Amazon. But, I am a sucker.

I just got lucky this time and a number of things on my watchlist ended up popping up.

23. hutlock

Not to harp on it but... Target’s sale is really kicking the ass of Amazon’s sale.

24. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Tell us what you got, most interested.

Thanks!!