Cancelled Television Shows - Ongoing

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, May 22, 2020.

1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I agree with you.

Grant likes this.
  3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i believe that tommy was actually over-hyped, way too many commercials pumping the show, we got so tired of the promos we never even watched the show, bad on our part, i know, but true.

4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i also read elsewhere that 'blindspot' got renewed....however, i must admit, this short season has been bad, very bad.

5. MikaelaArsenault

It did get renewed, but this is the final season.

6. MikaelaArsenault

I only remember seeing one promo a few months ago and that was it.

eddiel likes this.
  7. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I came to this show very late. So only finished the previous seasons last year. I couldn't believe that season 3 had still not aired. I have to wonder if anyone even remembers it now. It was a great series, so far, so I am looking forward to the last season.

8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I didn't even recognise most of those shows. A lot are on Netflix and even though I subscribe, they were still unknown to me. But considering how much content is on there I am not surprised lol

Not surprised Broke has been cancelled. I tried to get through two episodes and it was very difficult. Watching it felt like 30 years of sitcom progress never happened. The cheap laughs were too cheap even for me!

9. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

This why I given up network tv.. you can see a recycled plot within first few minutes.

10. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

My daughter worked on Baker and the Beauty and they were hopeful it would be renewed. There is a fan base out there and apparently some are petitioning to have a streaming channel pick it up.

GLUDFSSR, Vidiot and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  11. MikaelaArsenault

What did she do on the show?

12. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Fans were deaf,dumb & blind...sided at the news.

13. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

How...can...it...be...saved?

14. MikaelaArsenault

15. MikaelaArsenault

16. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I wouldn't worry too much about this fluff-parade. There are voices desperate to have fluffy people say fluffy things, pitch fluffy products and engage fluffy viewers...always has been. Once the targeted viewer realized they're being fluffed-at, they just pull the faces, change the faces, and turn the fluff-cannon back on. This is just the natural evolution of Regis & Kathie Lee: take down the billboard and put up a new one on the same buses. Going on for centuries.

Atmospheric and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  17. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I wonder if they'll try to get Sara involved in the new "What You Need to Know" show, or if "The View" will take her back to replace Abby Huntsman... If neither happens, I'm sure they'll find something for her to do.

And Michael Strahan still has the morning news gig, as well as other shows, so he's doing okay.

I'm not sure where KeKe even came from.

18. MikaelaArsenault

I'm not worried about it at all, but just wanted to get the news out there.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  19. MikaelaArsenault

Sara would be a good fit for What You Need To Know.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  20. Mirrorblade.1

Bring Back Soap Opera's...... there running out of ideas for morning and afternoon shows.

21. Mirrorblade.1

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I was kind of disappointed that Emergence, the strange "family/sci-fi" hybrid show about the little AI robot girl adopted by the woman cop, didn't make it to season 2. The problem for me with the show is they made it too much of a G-rated family show, and I would've gone all the way to a much more frightening, violent series... which I think is what viewers want and expect these days. The shows were incredibly uneven, some going to outright comedy, and some actually getting very tragic, without a lot of consistency.

[​IMG]

Emergence: Cancelled; No Season Two for ABC Tuesday Night Series

‘Emergence’, ‘Bless This Mess, ‘Single Parents’, ‘Schooled’ Cancelled – Deadline

I fully expected Manifest to be cancelled on NBC, but it managed to barely get renewed. That's another show that has about 10 minutes of actual story and 50 minutes of padding in every episode, and my fear is that this will be yet another Lost "conspiracy show" where there's never a payoff.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Shoes1916 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  23. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I bailed on "Manifest" after a few episodes for exactly that reason, I'm not wasting time again on a show like that with no payoff.

24. MikaelaArsenault

Single Parents didn’t even look funny along with Schooled.

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

What passes for sitcoms these days just leaves me cold. I think the last sitcom I could stand was Big Bang Theory, and I only watched that sporadically. But it was funny.

I just barely made it through Space Force on Netflix, and that was just awful. And yet a very expensive show with good actors. Just terrible writing.

Shoes1916 and MikaelaArsenault like this.