Uncle Floyd Show Returns On YouTube and Zoom!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by FredV, Jun 14, 2020.

1. FredV

FredV Senior Member Thread Starter

The Uncle Floyd Show returns on Zoom. Uncle Floyd presents two episodes of his classic show Thursday nights at 8pm, EST. Floyd does a live introduction and comments on the shows and talks to fans through Zoom.

[​IMG]

More information at these Links:

UncleFloyd.net - See where Uncle Floyd is appearing

Welcome to UncleFloyd.com - This is not Uncle Floyd's Website. Visit www.unclefloyd.net to book Uncle Floyd

Uncle Floyd will show old episodes of TV show in Zoom sessions - NJArts.net

Uncle Floyd also has an official YouTube page where bits from his TV show are shown.

YouTube Link: Uncle Floyd Show

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    mcchocchoc, bill44, ex_mixer and 7 others like this.
  2. Lowrider75

Lowrider75 Forum Resident

I loved the Uncle Floyd Show. I think he was influenced by Soupy Sales.

Jimmy B., MikaelaArsenault and thgord like this.
  3. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

What channel is Zoom? Do I need a UHF dial?

4. FredV

Zoom is a free video conferencing service, similar to Skype. You need to start a Zoom account. You can look it up online.

Uncle Floyd is charging for the episodes, he’s a working performer and it’s how he’s making a living at this current time.

The amount is very low and affordable. If not interested, you don’t have to attend.

5. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

I got excited. I mistakenly thought it was Count Floyd.

Scopitone, Walt, fmfxray373 and 16 others like this.
  6. FredV

Uncle Floyd had many famous fans. The Ramones appeared several times on the show. Bon Jovi made their television debut on the Uncle Floyd Show. Other famous fans and guests included Paul Simon, Cyndi Lauper, David Johansen aka Buster Poindexter, Squeeze, Peter Tork and Davy Jones (who appeared separately), Jan & Dean among many.

David Bowie was a big fan, John Lennon turned him onto the show. Bowie wrote the song 'Slip Away' for Uncle Floyd.

kt66brooklyn and ex_mixer like this.
  7. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Sure wish the footage of the Misfits would surface.

ex_mixer, keefer1970 and kt66brooklyn like this.
  8. Lowrider75

Years ago I was lost on some backroads in NJ and came upon a small TV station from where the Uncle Floyd Show was broadcast.
    It looked just like I imagined...a small studio with an antenna tower outside. Very UHF looking.

9. FredV

10. Lowrider75

Nice find, Fred.

ex_mixer likes this.
  11. Lowrider75

12. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

Oh man, used to watch Uncle Floyd on channel 68 in Jersey in the early '80s after my older brothers got wind that the Ramones appeared from time to time.

I was a big fan of Looney Skip Rooney! (I was like 9 years old...)

13. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

Wow, Uncle Floyd ! Loved that show and his music parodies.

14. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Is it true that Uncle Floyd is related to Jimmy Vivino ?

Little-known fact:
    Uncle Floyd appeared in the long forgotten Dudley Moore / Daryl Hannah movie, "Crazy People"!

ex_mixer likes this.
  15. FredV

Yes, Floyd’s brothers are Jimmy and Jerry Vivino, both from the Vivino Brothers Band, the Conan O’Brien Show and the Fab Faux Beatles tribute band.

Floyd also appears in the Robin Williams movie ‘Good Morning Vietnam’.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  16. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'm desperate for more vintage Floyd. I have his DVD but it barely scrapes the surface. I wish he'd allow his clips to be on youtube, there's a whole new generation who need to discover his program.

17. FredV

Unfortunately, there are some legalities too complicated to get into, that he can’t show segments with music artists on them. He is able to post comedy bits.

For the Thursday nights Zoom episodes, he’s on Live introducing the shows and also chatting with fans online, with a disclaimer that some of the material might not be considered “PC” by today’s standards. :realmad:

He’s also on Live online on Stageit on Wednesday nights, playing piano and talking to fans online.

There is a very reasonably priced admission for both the Wednesday nights live music show and the Thursday nights reruns.

Uncle Floyd is a working entertainer, and because of the current COVID-19 situation, this is how he’s needs to make a living now.

The Live and reruns shows are definitely worth the price of admission, which as mentioned, is very reasonable.

Uncle Floyd Official YouTube Channel Link:
    Uncle Floyd Show

Wednesday Night Uncle Floyd Live on Stageit Link: StageIt - Uncle Floyd - Floyd at 9

Thursday Night Uncle Floyd Reruns Link: Welcome! You are invited to join a webinar: Uncle Floyd Streams his old TV Shows. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  18. FredV

19. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

Good ole Uncle Floyd. Down here in DC, it came on around midnight or maybe 1:00 am. I cannot remember which channel.

The good old days when regional and fringe culture ruled.

20. Ken E.

Ken E. Senior Member

Pierre Z. Painter and Looney Skip Rooney were my favorites.

21. FredV

Lowrider75 likes this.
  22. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

He also does two great radio shows on weekends-

Garage Sale Music (eclectic and novelty) from 9AM-Noon Eastern of WFDU (also online)
    WFDU-FM

The Italian American Serenade (Italian-themed music from the US and abroad) 2-4 PM Eastern Saturdays on WVOX (also online)
    Uncle Floyd’s Italian American Serenade

He can be pretty cranky these days but his shows are fun and he plays quite an oddball selection of music

23. FredV

Garage Sale Music is on Sunday mornings only from 9am to Noon EST. Two weeks worth of archived broadcasts can be heard online on the WFDU-FM website.

WFDU Archives: Uncle Floyd's Garage Sale Music #313

jupiter8 likes this.
  24. FredV

Just so you know what you've missed so far.

[​IMG]

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  25. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Squeeze!!! :love:

Never heard of this show. Look weird and cool.

dan c

MikaelaArsenault likes this.